THE BROWNS BOARD

any liberal out there surprised? illegals voting?

calfoxwc

On 9/23/2017 at 2:09 AM, calfoxwc said:

Unfortunately, dems want them for votes and republicans want them in the south for cheap labor. 

One of my good friends lives in Jacksonville and works in construction. The big issue now is that Guatemalan and other central american labor is starting to even undercut the Mexican labor. So there have been street fights on construction sites over it. My buddy works in the skilled labor part of it (electric and plumbing) so he has not had to deal with any of this stuff directly.

13 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Unfortunately, dems want them for votes and republicans want them in the south for cheap labor. 

One of my good friends lives in Jacksonville and works in construction. The big issue now is that Guatemalan and other central american labor is starting to even undercut the Mexican labor. So there have been street fights on construction sites over it. My buddy works in the skilled labor part of it (electric and plumbing) so he has not had to deal with any of this stuff directly.

Don't kid yourself. The Democrats love cheap labor as well.

I'm going to repeat I really liked George W Bush's guest worker program. Like the seasonal Visa we give out all the time to pick fruit Etc. That way the jobs we won't do get done and they support their families back home.

We have hundreds of those seasonal kids come over to work at Put-In-Bay for the summer. Our best ones come from previously communist countries and are amazed that you get paid extra if you work harder.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Don't kid yourself. The Democrats love cheap labor as well.

I'm going to repeat I really liked George W Bush's guest worker program. Like the seasonal Visa we give out all the time to pick fruit Etc. That way the jobs we won't do get done and they support their families back home.

We have hundreds of those seasonal kids come over to work at Put-In-Bay for the summer. Our best ones come from previously communist countries and are amazed that you get paid extra if you work harder.

WSS

That is a reasonable compromise so long as the workers get ushered out after their Visa expires. 

29 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

That is a reasonable compromise so long as the workers get ushered out after their Visa expires. 

I can't speak about the migrant Farm Workers because I'm not that familiar. But all the kids from Eastern Europe, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Macedonia, Slovakia, Slovenia etc etc are all great kids at least the ones I have met. 

They work hard and most of them will have a couple weeks before there Visa expires after we slow down our businesses. They will take a couple weeks to see New York or LA or Chicago or other National attractions. They go back home thinking that Americans are cool people. Which we really are.

WSS

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

California (don't know about any other states) gives financial aid to illegals. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-immigration-california-idUSTRE7971SK20111008

A few other states give state aid to illegal immigrants as well.  But the meme talks about DACA which is a federal program.  I guess my issue with that is that it's implying that DACA constituents get free college across the country due to some federal financial aid, whereas it's only a few states and state financial aid which is mostly in the form of "in-state" tuition costs (which admittedly, is a HUGE deal in California).

Thanks for the quick response.  

8 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

A few other states give state aid to illegal immigrants as well.  But the meme talks about DACA which is a federal program.  I guess my issue with that is that it's implying that DACA constituents get free college across the country due to some federal financial aid, whereas it's only a few states and state financial aid which is mostly in the form of "in-state" tuition costs (which admittedly, is a HUGE deal in California).

Thanks for the quick response.  

Yeah it is intentionally misleading to get people wound tight.

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I can't speak about the migrant Farm Workers because I'm not that familiar. But all the kids from Eastern Europe, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Macedonia, Slovakia, Slovenia etc etc are all great kids at least the ones I have met. 

They work hard and most of them will have a couple weeks before there Visa expires after we slow down our businesses. They will take a couple weeks to see New York or LA or Chicago or other National attractions. They go back home thinking that Americans are cool people. Which we really are.

WSS

St Augustine has a shit load of Eastern European kids that work the tourist spots in summer time. They were all good natured and hustled for tips.

An exact quote I remember from twenty or so years ago from my friend from Bulgaria Bristol.

" you mean to tell me if I work more hours I get more money?"

In Bulgaria he went to college and majored in finance. In those days the Bulgarian government would send those kids to different countries to work for no pay actually. The government took the money and kept it I asked him why bother to go to college then? He told me to feel better about yourself of course.

Frankly I would be surprised if we just issued blanket citizenship to all the hard-working foreigners that their children would retain the same work ethic. I'm guessing not.

WSS

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

California (don't know about any other states) gives financial aid to illegals. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-immigration-california-idUSTRE7971SK20111008

That's why their state sales tax is 10%...and climbing.

Archived