THE BROWNS BOARD

McCain goes full Progressive

DieHardBrownsFan

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think it has anything to do with being paid off. He hates Trump because Trump fucked with him during the primary and he loves attention. No better way to get attention then to fuck with your party and he's done that all along.

WSS

oh, I do.

http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=819

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/19/exclusive-soros-clinton-linked-teneo-among-donors-to-mccain-institute/

"EXCLUSIVE: Soros, Clinton-Linked Teneo Among Donors to McCain Institute"

th?id=OIP.3BfNov_I3jjeG9IEcS-p_wEsCo&pid

That bastard wants the Senate to go through it's proper progressions, committees, assessments, etc. and work with both sides of the isle on a bill that all can support for decades to come. What does he think he is a fucking Senator or something!!??:D

you forgot to put that in pink. after the dems refused to work with the reps at all, with obaMaodoesn'tcare,

NOW you want bipartisanship?

Oh, glory be, the nonsense runs fast and furiously...

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That bastard wants the Senate to go through it's proper progressions, committees, assessments, etc. and work with both sides of the isle on a bill that all can support for decades to come. What does he think he is a fucking Senator or something!!??:D

"All can support for decades to come."

I don't think even you could type that with a straight face. ^_^

WSS

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He is a bitter man who should retire.  But he is only sticking around to stick it to Trump as much as he can.

50 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

"All can support for decades to come."

I don't think even you could type that with a straight face. ^_^

WSS

I didn't say it was possible in this day and age of party above country. I just indicated he is one of the few idealists left in the Senate who prefers it works that way. Too many lemmings in there for me, afraid of independently thinking out real solutions that may actually be hard to work out without cooperation from all sides. Bad bills come out of party only solutions, regardless of which party pushes it.

That's often true. And one of the worst bills in recent history is Obamacare and that's exactly how it came to be.

And I disagree 100% about his idealism. He's as big a con man as anybody including the president, probably worse. He knows that all he has to do is diss a Republican president and MSNBC and the rest of the liberal media are hanging off his dick.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's often true. And one of the worst bills in recent history is Obamacare and that's exactly how it came to be.

And I disagree 100% about his idealism. He's as big a con man as anybody including the president, probably worse. He knows that all he has to do is diss a Republican president and MSNBC and the rest of the liberal media are hanging off his dick.

WSS

McCain has been extremely consistent about one thing throughout his Senate career, insistence upon properly going through bill approval processes including full committee hearings, proper outside assessments of consequences and best estimate of true costs. That has not been done so he will not vote for bills that don't go through that full procedure. He's always done it that way. This is not a new thing for him or grandstanding. Trump will just sign any old bill because he wants to sign something so he can pat himself on the back, regardless of the consequences of the bill. He doesn't have a clue how this bill will work, he just wants to sign it. It's a totally irresponsible insurance company price gouging major profits bill and has nothing to do with actual health care coverage. The little guy gets fucked again and most are too stupid to understand that is where this bill is headed, hidden under the old familiar "states rights" propaganda. Didn't we have a civil war where truth got hidden behind "states rights"? Just wait until individual states get to decide whether they will honor preexisting conditions. What a fiasco that will be.

Let me give you an example of what insurance companies get away with. My son worked in Austin several years ago and was covered under that company's group health insurance plan by a very major health care company. He developed a kidney problem that is likely to be lifelong, but is normally relatively dormant unless he gets dehydrated. He was under the coverage of that company when it developed. When the company had a downturn during the big recession he was laid off, so he applied to that same insurance company for an individual health care plan. They turned him down because of this "preexisting" condition that developed when he was in THEIR group policy. We went all the way through congressmen only to be told they could get away with that shit and I ended up paying about 3 X's that individual policy rate under the states "high risk pool" so he at least  had coverage.. He was living off unemployment benefits while looking for work and could not afford those kinds of payments himself for his family.

That is the kind of horror story you will hear about without a true national health coverage bill. And most of those family's will not have an old fart like me with money enough to keep them covered.

well, from one old fart to another, why don't you ever criticize obamaocare then?

and you defend mccain, the dirtbag? seriously? You are complaining about the stupid

insurance companies, justifiably so, but mccain is protecting them in this obamaocare

fiasco !

mccain campaigned on repealing obamaocare, and now, he refuses to repeal it.

read..

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449994/john-mccains-obamacare-vote-was-indefensible

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, from one old fart to another, why don't you ever criticize obamaocare then?

and you defend mccain, the dirtbag? seriously?

mccain campaigned on repealing obamaocare, and now, he refuses to repeal it.

read..

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449994/john-mccains-obamacare-vote-was-indefensible

There are many things I don't like about it, but forcing companies to cover pre-existing conditions was probably the very best aspect about it I think needs to be retained. This latest proposal takes that off national retention and gives it back to the  states to decide. Those guys get owned by insurance companies on that level as we discovered the hard way. I guarantee it will revert back to that ridiculous policy if it comes back to Texas to decide. The latest Republican effort is not a well thought out bill and needs to be killed for that one reason alone. It is not a "states right'" to fix it so those companies end up with only the young and healthy to cover. McCain is right on this. Take it into the proper committees for full open hearings or once again the  big companies "buy" the most profitable "customers" while the old and unhealthy revert back to no national plan.

good grief. now, for what the truth is, and the truth has been there for a few years now -

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/15274-replacing-obamacare-republican-answer-to-pre-existing-conditions

"The problem is that regulating tort law is not a federal function.  As Randy Barnett at Cato has strongly cautioned, the purported constitutional authority for federal medical malpractice reform is the Commerce Clause.  This would rely on the disastrous “substantial effects” doctrine derived from the 1942 landmark Wickard v. Filburn decision that almost infinitely broadened the scope of federal power in a manner that clearly was not originally intended by the Founders.  Barnett has gone so far as to call supporters of federal tort reform FINOs - Federalists in Name Only.  It’s hard to argue with him.

While I admire AHCRA’s attempt to address this concern from a policy perspective, the proper constitutional approach would be to encourage awareness and action on this issue in state legislatures—because the ends never justify the means when it comes the Constitution.  Texas has already implemented a successful medical malpractice policy, dubbed the “Texas Miracle” by Joseph Nixon writing for Heritage, that should serve as a model for other states to follow."

furthermore:

"- Expanding HIPAA’s Pre-Existing Condition Protections: Let’s first acknowledge that a very small percentage of Americans were denied health coverage because of a pre-existing condition exclusion before ObamaCare imposed its regulatory takeover of the private health insurance industry.  It’s a hard number to precisely identify, and there have been numerous estimates, but Paul Roderick Gregory at Forbes recently pegged the number at roughly 1.5 million people denied.  Out of a population of 316 million.  That’s less than 0.5%.  Sound like a problem worthy of radically transforming our entire health system?  Remember, as Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) outlined in his back and forth with Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) during his marathon speech to defund ObamaCare, the laws of economics make it impossible to impose a ban on pre-existing condition exclusions without also imposing the iron-fisted individual mandate.

Why are so few unable to access health coverage as a result of pre-existing conditions?  As Gregory further points out, 96% of Americans with health insurance are covered through government programs (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE) or employer-sponsored coverage.   Government programs outright prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions.  For employer-sponsored group health coverage, HIPAA has long made plans extremely limited in their ability to deny coverage based on a pre-existing condition.  Essentially, if you maintained health coverage without a significant break (defined as 63 days), it’s a non-issue.  Only 12 million Americans, or roughly 3.5% of the population, purchase the type of individual policies where pre-existing conditions are an issue.

HIPAA also has long provided pre-existing condition protections for people transitioning from employer-sponsored coverage to individual coverage.  Under the current rules, individuals who elect and exhaust COBRA (generally 18 months) after leaving the job are eligible for a guaranteed availability policy in the individual market without any pre-existing condition exclusions."

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let me give you an example of what insurance companies get away with. My son worked in Austin several years ago and was covered under that company's group health insurance plan by a very major health care company. He developed a kidney problem that is likely to be lifelong, but is normally relatively dormant unless he gets dehydrated. He was under the coverage of that company when it developed. When the company had a downturn during the big recession he was laid off, so he applied to that same insurance company for an individual health care plan. They turned him down because of this "preexisting" condition that developed when he was in THEIR group policy. We went all the way through congressmen only to be told they could get away with that shit and I ended up paying about 3 X's that individual policy rate under the states "high risk pool" so he at least  had coverage.. He was living off unemployment benefits while looking for work and could not afford those kinds of payments himself for his family.

That is the kind of horror story you will hear about without a true national health coverage bill. And most of those family's will not have an old fart like me with money enough to keep them covered.

Is there anyone here who doesn't think they could find a laundry list of horror stories from the Canadian system? Or the British? Or any other second-rate country that's got free healthcare.

Plus a few years ago, let me think, wasn't that Under the Umbrella of the Panacea we call Obamacare?

WSS

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Also do you believe that McCain thinks this new bill is better worse or the same as Obamacare? Do you think he has any fucking idea? Because I doubt many of us do. Any to be honest.

WSS

I bet you didn't know that under this bill Ohio gets an estimated $9 Bil less in Fed funds for healthcare than they currently get per year. Feel better now?

19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I bet you didn't know that under this bill Ohio gets an estimated $9 Bil less in Fed funds for healthcare than they currently get per year. Feel better now?

I suppose if you've read anything that I say you know that I think the free shit Juggernaut needs to come to an end. Let's say what you claim is true and not just some slate talking point. Then it would be up the John Kasich to step up to the plate lean in and take one for the team. Sure it's easy to expand Medicaid if somebody else is paying for it.

WSS

Archived