THE BROWNS BOARD

Betting odds on HC Firing

The Gipper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 hours ago, Orion said:

<<Whew!  He'd rather have no football team at all than have the gang we've got.>>

My Mother is 89, having health issues and is on Hospice. I would rather she died than become comatose, catatonic or suffer dementia that left her my Mother in body only. Her wishes are the same. My views on life and living are different, and more mature than yours. And I don't mean to be condescending, but hear me out. I believe you are one of these people who is affected emotionally by how the Browns do on Sunday. I get excited when they play well or win, but my disposition doesn't change based on football. My mood, my outlook, etc. has absolutely nothing to do with how the Browns perform.

Furthermore, my love for the Browns extends back to my first recollection of the team, I think when I was 6, 1960, we had a black and white Muntz TV. My love for the Browns is tied to Mom, Dad, and volumes and volumes of Browns games and events. Personally? Yeah, I would rather have the team move then have them ejaculate all over decades of wonderful memories.

Other than you selfish need to get high off of fan-ship, please tell me what value this pile of shit has added to your life? What proud moments since 1999 can you hold your chest out about and have great credibility with fans of other teams, say, when you are in a sports bar? What strong emotional moments tie you to thie V 2.0 dung pile? This team should NEVER have been named the Browns. The owners have taken a free ride from team loyalty that neither man has ever toiled to earn. Fuck the Cleveland Browns V 2.0. This facade is NOT in any way, shape or form connected to the team I love.

<<That certainly doesn't say much for Haslam and his crooked Pilot J's Flying Circus and the Harvard Think Tank that's running the team.  He even hates Williams, who actually has our D playing half decent.>>

What the fuck is half decent? 0 - 2? Hey had a chance to shit the Steelers down, get the ball back and win. They didn't. They got ass fucked. I thought defense wins championships? Bullshit. Fuck WIlliams, he ain't shit.

<<I have to admit that I'm not a big Hue fan......>>

He has the likeness of both Hoorta and Flugel tattooed on his nutsack. Only those two blowtards like Hue. Hue is the worst coach in the history of the NFL.

<<To the tradition:  We WERE  a respected franchise, with positive W/L statistics and team records.  But that all moved away to Baltimore (and a lot of the blame for that falls on city officials...and of course, Modell).  Now, we've ruined our positive W/L records against opponents...and the winningest QB in our home stadium is a Steeler.  (OMG...just saying that makes me want to jump off a cliff)>>

And yet your immaturity is such that you want your team to continue getting ass phucked rather than having no football and getting your dignity back?

<<We can't help but to ask ourselves, "What did we do to deserve this?"  >>

I told Stan, the board owner that the biggest mistake Browns fans EVER made, was to make a stink, protest and get the NFL to leave the name "BROWNS" in Cleveland. By 1995, the Browns brand was already tarnished and had become somewhat of a joke. Modell should have kept the Baltimore Browns and Cleveland should have been awarded a new team. It's own team. That would have changed everything.

If the new team was called The Cleveland Bulldogs, for instance, Lerner would not have automatically reaped the benefit of full house attendance; loyalty that he didn't do a single thing to benefit from. A new team would have had to build it's own legacy and following......... a REAL following. As it is, Lerner and Haslam raped the Browns fine history.

<<None of US threw any bottles at the refs during bottlegate. >>

Stan was followed, investigated by Lew Merletti (Fomrer CLinton security guy moved to Lerner), and made to give up his season tickets for allegedly throwing bottles. Something he admitted to online, albeit jokingly so. 

And on top of all that, we now have the most hideous uniforms in the league...cos somebody thought THAT was a bright idea.

<<OK, so....it's time to come in from the ledge.  We HAVE a football team to root for.  IMO, as bad as they are, it's better than having no team at all (but don't ask me to repeat that on a Sunday around 4pm).>>

So, when you allow your gut and heart, and not your head to speak, you, too know that it would be better not to have this team.

<<And Haslam IS TRYING.>>

Based on what do you say that? He continually spends way under the cap, he drafts shit players, doesn't speak to the fans, and has given us a shit FO. Fuck Haslam.

<<And one more thing that I think.....I think Bernie Kosar still posses one of the best football minds around and I wish that he had tons of money and could buy the team. >>

And yet not one NFL team has offered him a job. 

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Have an awesome trip Hoorta! I hope you get to see a victory. I'm going to be there in spirit with ya Dawg. We're going to WIN this one. We're due. 

I really like Williams, he's not quite like I was expecting him to be. He's not just a yeller without a purpose. He can turn it on and get mad but he knows how to get the guys on Defense to buy into his philosophy and play hard for him without them tuning him out. 

<<I like Hue Jackson- However, I have always seen him as an excellent Offensive Coordinator.>>

Stop jacking off so much, the lack of blood flow to your brain is starting to take its toll.

He's got the personality of a rock and not in the stoic sense. 

Ideally I would like Hue to go back to focus on just the offense. He made Andy Dalton work and that guy and that team is ugh-ly. That's why I'm afraid he gonna get Kizer to do just enough that it keeps us from finding our Franchise QB, which I think he could have right under his nose in Hogan. 

I'll never root for Kizer to intentionally lose though. It's not about Kizer- It's about The Browns, it's about Cleveland and North East Ohio, it's about coming for what's ours. Victory! 

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

My Mother is 89, having health issues and is on Hospice. I would rather she died than become comatose, catatonic or suffer dementia that left her my Mother in body only. Her wishes are the same. My views on life and living are different, and more mature than yours.

You know nothing of what I've been through.  My mother passed in '15.  She had dementia for years.  It was horrible visiting her in the nursing home.  Horrible.  But I did it anyway.  And I was happy for HER when God finally called her away from such misery.  

2 hours ago, Orion said:

You know nothing of what I've been through.  My mother passed in '15.  She had dementia for years.  It was horrible visiting her in the nursing home.  Horrible.  But I did it anyway.  And I was happy for HER when God finally called her away from such misery.  

In the latter days of her Alzheimers my  mother would often ask me if she was losing her mind and I would patiently explain that no, she was just losing her memory and her ability to remember things happening now more than a few minutes. Fortunately she had the money to stay in the Lamborghini of memory units in Ft. Collins only 3 blocks from my youngest sister. She was not aware she was locked in and other than being bothered by her struggles with memory, fairly happy until she went into a coma at the end. And all of us were happy when she was finally released from that mental cage at age 87. It was hard to watch someone who had earned an accounting degree at age 20 from a very top notch eastern college, to a person who could not even remember she had an account that made her rich enough to afford the very best of care for several years. Hopefully there will be a cure some day. Since she had two siblings who also died of it at about the same time, I had myself tested and it was ruled out through a series of tests given by a neuropsychologist. I just have the usual screw loose is all.:rolleyes:

EDIT: We were very lucky that in earlier years she had told us all that if she ever needed to be in a nursing home then that is what she preferred. She let us know she was not going to be a burden on any of her children and that we were to spend her money to take care of her the best we knew how. We honored both of those decisions which were made well before the first overt signs of Alzheimers when she clearly knew what she wanted.

Feel you, Ag... similar experience here although very time compressed.

Moved Mom down to TX from Ohio about three years before her passing and in with the wife and I. Had two very solid, "good" years without the need for outside assistance before the decline began to accelerate wiping out even the basics such as dressing herself. Year three saw growing assistance, but by it's end the load was too great.

Not that she remembered it by the time the need was there, but when she first arrived here we scouted facilities and picked one. Fortunately they had an opening and thought she qualified for the "Assisted" side, a judgement I questioned, but with which I went along. That lasted a month before the move to the "memory" side was judged necessary. Two months later came a fall, a broken bone, hospitalization and a release to a Nursing home. She never made it back to Memory Care having slipped into a coma within a week.

While her short term memory was gone for years, I was always astounded at the old stories she still knew, either completely or substantially. And she always knew my name. She always knew me... or so I thought.

A week or so before the fall as I said goodbye after one of my visits that week she said to me, "You know you broke my heart." I asked, "How Mom?" Her reply was, "When you left me for that other woman." No telling how long she thought I was my Dad.

I have many, much fonder memories of her, but it surprises me that that one comes back first.

My mother's dad made it to 95 and in his last year she visited him when he was in just normal dementia. He got this horrified look on his face and she asked him what was wrong. His answer, "Don't you see them! The British troops getting off that train! My God what's happened to those men?!" He was seeing what he had seen first hand the first time in France during WW I, the disembarkation of returning British troops from the front when he was awaiting a train to go to the front himself. PTSD is a very old thing. Even the Romans talked about it in history.

On September 23, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Ghoolie said:

I didn't say anything about the Browns players getting hurt, I said I want to see them get fucked up. Bashed, smacked, demoralized, shaken up.

Look you fucking pustards, I am a Browns fan, I want the team to win. They are NOT ever going to win with Hue, Depudduster, Sashit, Kizer, Coleman, Garrett and the shit pile of players on this team. This is NOT a team that is building, rebuilding, growing, or anything else. 

Haslam needs to fire the entire shitload,  like Noll did with the Steelers.

You guys want to pretend that the browns are on the cusp, that they are a team just a step behind the top teams, in a class of #2 caliber teams, all set to beat the shit out of the "weaker" COlts, Bengals, Jags, etc. type teams. But they aren't. The Browns are one of those shit teams. They are not just every bit as bad as those teams, THEY ARE WORSE because they have Hue Jackson and this asshole Greg WIlliams.

I am betting the Colts based on my faith in Hue Jackson. Pagano is a better coach. Hue Jackson has not once out coached anyone. He caught the Chrgers flat and got lucky. The fucking guy mismanages the clock, calls plays right in the hands of the opposing defense, has a penalty ridden team, and gets no emotion out of these cocksuckers.

Yes, I want to see this fucking joke of a team decimated, destroyed, humiliated, fucked up. I am tired of watching you nutsack trimmers  make up endless fantasies about how we really fooled the rest of the NFL teams in the draft and got HOF talent in the 38th round. 

I have reverence for the Cleveland Browns. This fucking shitbag of a team should have never been called the Browns in the first place. It was disgraceful and disrespectful to the tradition of the Browns. Had this team properly been named something else, because it really is a new team, you blowjobs wouldn't even be talking Cleveland football, other than how to fucking get rid of it.

You want to be Browns fans with a low bar? Be my guest. But not me. I don't want this fucking team in Cleveland. I want Haslam to fire the entire bunch of these fuckfucks, moe the franchise to a progressive city, and FOREVER BURY THE ONCE GOOD NAME of the Cleveland Browns. THAT is what I feel is best for the Cleveland Browns franchise and once proud name. Fuck the city of Cleveland for letting this abomination happen.

Go Colts. Fuck up the Browns. Send them into Cinci 0 -3 with no mo, their confidence broken, and their shoulders slumped. 

(Yeah, I will be here after the game should the Browns win this impressive battle of shittown. But, I am pulling for everyone who plays against this shitbag)

Hallam hired all these clowns but yet he's the genius to fix it?  

I didn't think there could be ownership as inept as the Lerners but leave it to the Browns to prove me wrong

Have I mentioned I love our FO? Still do...

Hue? After seeing McVay on TNF, I got pissed at Hue not going and sitting with his young QB. A 30 second "coaching job" as Kizer walks off the field passed him just ain't cutting it.

Hue... buddy... go sit... look at the last series on the pad... talk to Kizer about what was, and then involve him in the thinking for the next series... getting his input as well. During the latter you can do what I saw you doing standing on the sideline... talking to your staff upstairs as well. But spend some time with the kid on Gameday.

And about that game plan... started off OK... some read-option with the kid running a couple... a sweet, old-fashioned option call... but can we get under Center a little more? Work a lil dropback, PAP once we see some positive yards on the ground?

And since you asked... yes, mix in Mayes some. Loving that use of Duke as a receiving weapon. Best one you have BTW... in case you didn't know.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hue? After seeing McVay on TNF, I got pissed at Hue not going and sitting with his young QB. A 30 second "coaching job" as Kizer walks off the field passed him just ain't cutting it.

Hue... buddy... go sit... look at the last series on the pad... talk to Kizer about what was, and then involve him in the thinking for the next series... getting his input as well. During the latter you can do what I saw you doing standing on the sideline... talking to your staff upstairs as well. But spend some time with the kid on Gameday.

I agree 100%.  Coach him up right then and there....and impart your wisdom on/with him.  - Williams can run the D right?

Brings me back to my question; who dubbed Hue a QB guru back when he was signing on with us?

21 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I think Bernie Kosar still posses one of the best football minds around and I wish that he had tons of money and could buy the team.

>>

And yet not one NFL team has offered him a job. 

...and do you think anyone else was going to offer Ozzie Newsome a job as GM?

.....and everyone was pissed at Ozzie for moving with the team....and I was like, What?  The guy just made GM!  He HAS to move with his job!  He'd be a fool not to.

I listened to Bernie explain what the Ravens do in the secondary in the days leading up to the game, and how it was going to pose real problems for the young QB Kizer to recognize.  And I hear him explain how adding a receiver like Macklin was really going to help their offense and I think to myself, we have guys in punt formation on OUR D...and our WR position is a mess.  Nope, nobody offered Bernie a job....but WE had a GM that didn't value drafting receivers cos they don't handle the ball enough.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

...and do you think anyone else was going to offer Ozzie Newsome a job as GM?

.....and everyone was pissed at Ozzie for moving with the team....and I was like, What?  The guy just made GM!  He HAS to move with his job!  He'd be a fool not to.

I listened to Bernie explain what the Ravens do in the secondary in the days leading up to the game, and how it was going to pose real problems for the young QB Kizer to recognize.  And I hear him explain how adding a receiver like Macklin was really going to help their offense and I think to myself, we have guys in punt formation on OUR D...and our WR position is a mess.  Nope, nobody offered Bernie a job....but WE had a GM that didn't value drafting receivers cos they don't handle the ball enough

I didn't quite get a read on your reaction, but I wanted to make sure you got the right read on mine. I have my issues with Kosar, mostly that when he had a lead he became a coward. That aside, he gave his body for the team he loved. As far as I am concerned that makes him more qualified to be a Browns executive than anyone we have ever hired since 1999.

I could take a fuck up or two from Bernie, for at least he earned his right to fuck up. But Hue, DePo, Sashi, Haslam? Fuck those cocksuckers. I hope they all die tonight in their sleep.

4 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Odds are that Hue is back next year.

These GMs tend to want HCs who wont throw them under the bus when things go wrong.

Ah, I just had a reply to Tour blow up on me Boo. 1-18 and counting. You can say last year was to be expected. Can any coach survive 4-28? I don't think so. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ah, I just had a reply to Tour blow up on me Boo.

Blow up? Cool... something to look forward to seeing...

EDIT: Did I miss it, or did you have a change of heart?

On 9/23/2017 at 12:51 PM, Tour2ma said:

C'mon, mud... be reasonable. He's only ruined two...

Give him a chance to match his Daddy and ruin three... albeit one was from a DC role.

Maybe Rex gets another DC job somewhere.  But not HC.  In this regard he could maybe be like Wade Phillips.

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe Rex gets another DC job somewhere.  But not HC.  In this regard he could maybe be like Wade Phillips.

I think Rex is going to find out (like Gruden and Billick have) that it's a whole lot easier and better life working in the media than on the sidelines.  Less hours, less stress,  very close in the amount of money they're making and they never lose a game.  

17 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I think Rex is going to find out (like Gruden and Billick have) that it's a whole lot easier and better life working in the media than on the sidelines.  Less hours, less stress,  very close in the amount of money they're making and they never lose a game.  

The difference may be that by all reports, Rex is really bad at it.  Maybe he can get better, maybe he has improved somewhat....but like I said, reports are that he fairly well sucks at it. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Blow up? Cool... something to look forward to seeing...

EDIT: Did I miss it, or did you have a change of heart?

Nope, I went to a "boo has quoted you" when I came back, what I wrote was gone. If I remember, I'll try again.

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The difference may be that by all reports, Rex is really bad at it.  Maybe he can get better, maybe he has improved somewhat....but like I said, reports are that he fairly well sucks at it. 

He was horrible as a game analyst.   However what I saw of him on the ESPN pregame show on Sunday, he's pretty good as an in studio guy and has more time to get his points across.

Hue loses to Cinci.................he's done. If he isn't fired, the next home game you will hear crickets.

I said it after his first pre-season game, Hue is a deer in the head lights, a coffee fetcher, a $15/hour protester,  an affirmative action pimp-ee. 1 - 18. LMAO.

Nah.  We aren't beating the Bengals.  

And then the Jets & Texans have D's that will overmatch our offense.  We're staring down the barrel of 0-6.  Actually, it might be the Chargers give us our only win again.

I don't think Haslam is gonna fire Hue however.  Perhaps at season's end.  But who freakin' knows anymore..........

Hue was Jimmy's last hire. The next one will be Dee and Sashi's. If that fails, then I think the sale comes. Hue was never a strong candidate. He was fired by the Davis's for a reason and it shows. He was considered one of the top coaching candidates in 2016(a weak crop for sure) but I was surprised he came here. He needed something established and not a total rebuild.

HIs opening presser was weak and full of bs lingo.

22 minutes ago, Hempman said:

Hue was Jimmy's last hire. The next one will be Dee and Sashi's. If that fails, then I think the sale comes. Hue was never a strong candidate. He was fired by the Davis's for a reason and it shows. He was considered one of the top coaching candidates in 2016(a weak crop for sure) but I was surprised he came here. He needed something established and not a total rebuild.

HIs opening presser was weak and full of bs lingo.

Wow............ more mastering of the obvious. Hue Jackson is to coaching what Rosie Odonnel is to runway models.

This team is a cluster fuck. Haslam................ PLEASE MOVE THIS ABORTION.

27 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Haslam................ PLEASE MOVE THIS ABORTION.

No.  Don't listen to him.  Cleveland is a great football town.

SELL the team.  Admit that you haven't a clue how to select good management.  (evidenced by your Pilot J's Flying Circus problems...and by your tenure as an owner of a football team)

Haslem has been a fucked up mess since he bought the team.....terrible hires(repeatedly).....inappropriate fires.....tampering with the draft, THEN firing people for it....etc etc etc....

He has dug a hole so deep, he doesnt even know which way is out anymore........

Lerner looks brilliant compared to this twat....

Archived