THE BROWNS BOARD

Betting odds on HC Firing

The Gipper

Inspired from another thread...but I thought the subject deserved its own thread:

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST NFL HEAD COACH FIRED IN 2017?

Odds as of September 13 at Bovada

• Chuck Pagano -150
  • Marvin Lewis +1000
  • John Fox +1200
  • Todd Bowles +1200
  • Ben McAdoo +1200
  • Hue Jackson +1400
  • Jim Caldwell +1400
  • Bill O'Brien +1400
  • Mike Mularkey +1800
  • Sean Payton +2800
  • Jay Gruden +2800
  • Adam Gase +2800
  • Doug Pederson +2800
  • Ron Rivera +2800
  • Sean McDermott +2800
  • Doug Marrone +4000
  • Jason Garrett +4000
  • Bruce Arians +4000
  • Dan Quinn +5000
  • Mike Zimmer +5000
  • Dirk Koetter +6600
  • Kyle Shanahan +6600
  • Anthony Lynn +7500
  • Mike Tomlin +10000
  • Mike McCarthy +10000
  • Sean McVay +10000
  • Jack Del Rio +10000
  • John Harbaugh +10000
  • Vance Joseph +10000
  • Andy Reid +10000
  • Pete Carroll +10000
  • Bill Belichick +50000

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bbedward said:

So if you bet $100 on Marvin Lewis getting fired you win $1000? Is that how that works?

That one may be a bet worth taking.

Yes...that's how it works.    The odds for Lewis should be a whole lot lower but he probably should've been fired years ago and Mike Brown is cheap and doesn't want to pay him to not work. 

2 minutes ago, bbedward said:

So if you bet $100 on Marvin Lewis getting fired you win $1000? Is that how that works?

That one may be a bet worth taking.

I think that would only apply if he is the FIRST HC to be fired.   I don't think those would be the odds of him being fired at any time during the season. Correct me if I am wrong.   And yes, as MarkO said.....with the Bangles...his chances of getting fired during the season are probably about on par with Belichick's chances of getting fired.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think that would only apply if he is the FIRST HC to be fired.   I don't think those would be the odds of him being fired at any time during the season. Correct me if I am wrong.   And yes, as MarkO said.....with the Bangles...his chances of getting fired during the season are probably about on par with Belichick's chances of getting fired.

Ah yea, definitely won't be the first.

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Mentioning Lewis's name in the same breath as BB is just plain wrong.. But them I think of how bill has rode on Brady's coat tails all these years.. you might not be that far off...

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If Browns hammer Colts....as I believe they should...Pagano could be gonzo.

Dude............ how are the Browns going to hammer anyone? Dude, perhaps the Brown will win, but they are not in a different class than the Colts. They aren't some rebuilding team that isn't good enough to beat the playoff teams, but are almost that good, and can clobber the weak teams. The Browns are a shit team. They are one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. hey aren't going to "hammer" anyone.

Colts have the edge in QB, RB, defense and HC. Browns have very little chance at beaining anyone. 

I am rooting for the Colts to fuck up the Browns players. There are maybe 5 players on this shit pile worth keeping, the rest should be released, as well as the entire coaching staff and FO.

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes...that's how it works.    The odds for Lewis should be a whole lot lower but he probably should've been fired years ago and Mike Brown is cheap and doesn't want to pay him to not work. 

Lewis is way better than Hue Jackoff.

Man, ghoolie....how can u be rooting for browns players to get hurt? I loathed brandon weeden more than any player thats ever played for the browns. But not "personally" loathed him where i wanted to see him hurt....just wanted him benched than cut at earliest convenience. 

You take shit too far dude even when u have a point. I agree that the browns arent gonna hammer the colts or anyone for that matter. 

59 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Man, ghoolie....how can u be rooting for browns players to get hurt? I loathed brandon weeden more than any player thats ever played for the browns. But not "personally" loathed him where i wanted to see him hurt....just wanted him benched than cut at earliest convenience. 

You take shit too far dude even when u have a point. I agree that the browns arent gonna hammer the colts or anyone for that matter. 

Because he's a TROLL whose only reason for being on this board is to piss off people to get attention?

That being said, if the Browns only win 3 or 4 games this season, there's nothing I've seen from Jimmy Rebates Haslam that tells me Jackson will be back next season.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Lewis is way better than Hue Jackoff.

Your going against your It's "always about the QB theory". A. Dalton just got saved by Sampeese being Doltons scapegoat. You won't say it but i will, Dalton's lost confidence in his play/playbook since Hue checked Out. GB will have Dolton crying by halftime.Ben Mac & Noodles with Giants & Sean Payton's Saints Hot Seat is burning far more than HueJax..When you gotta QB & as a team you still suck..N.F.L-Not For Long..    

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Its because he is just purposefuly being a cuntrarion.  He says stupid shit that he doesn't believe in just to get a reaction.  I consider it a form of mental illness.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Rex Ryan will be offered a HC job.

If Hue gets the axe, the Browns should take a good look at him. Rex always needed a good OC/QB coach though he had little to work with in Sanchez. Rexs defense, Josh Allen and a OC who knows his shit and the Browns are competing for the division. Rex is mouthy and you hate him if you like a another team, but the SOB gets his players to play hard for 60 minutes.Free Agents want to go to his team.

Hue seems boring as dirt and to have no emotion.  

Just stop.  You are approaching Ghoolie Land with a post like this.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Your going against your It's "always about the QB theory".

Not to mention that Opie's best season came with Hue as his OC...

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Rex Ryan will be offered a HC job.

If Hue gets the axe, the Browns should take a good look at him. Rex always needed a good OC/QB coach though he had little to work with in Sanchez. Rexs defense, Josh Allen and a OC who knows his shit and the Browns are competing for the division. Rex is mouthy and you hate him if you like a another team, but the SOB gets his players to play hard for 60 minutes.Free Agents want to go to his team.

Hue seems boring as dirt and to have no emotion.  

No.   Fuck no, actually.

20 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude............ how are the Browns going to hammer anyone? Dude, perhaps the Brown will win, but they are not in a different class than the Colts. They aren't some rebuilding team that isn't good enough to beat the playoff teams, but are almost that good, and can clobber the weak teams. The Browns are a shit team. They are one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. hey aren't going to "hammer" anyone.

Colts have the edge in QB, RB, defense and HC. Browns have very little chance at beaining anyone. 

I am rooting for the Colts to fuck up the Browns players. There are maybe 5 players on this shit pile worth keeping, the rest should be released, as well as the entire coaching staff and FO.

Brissett (there's a Black Tarkenton for ya, 6 rushes, + 4 sacks, must really suck)  = Kizer, Crowell> Old Man Gore, You're ignoring Pagano tops the most likely to be fired list.

I'm rooting for you to trip over one of your 🐕 dogs & break an arm. Seriously troll, hoping anyone gets hurt is sick.

9 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Eventually Rex is going to win the big dance.

If Yoo gets his walking papers, the Browns would be foolish not to interview Rex. Rex could work with Sashi because Rex doesnt want to be GM. 

Rexy is done as a coach.    He made his bones being lucky enough to have a HOF CB on one side of the field and a pro bowl CB on the other during a time when defensive holding wasn't as emphasized as it is today.    Then walked in and ruined a top 10 Bills defense during his next gig.    

He's arrogant, brash, loudmouthed, set in his ways and now...  out of a job.   He should stay that way.  

I didn't say anything about the Browns players getting hurt, I said I want to see them get fucked up. Bashed, smacked, demoralized, shaken up.

Look you fucking pustards, I am a Browns fan, I want the team to win. They are NOT ever going to win with Hue, Depudduster, Sashit, Kizer, Coleman, Garrett and the shit pile of players on this team. This is NOT a team that is building, rebuilding, growing, or anything else. 

Haslam needs to fire the entire shitload,  like Noll did with the Steelers.

You guys want to pretend that the browns are on the cusp, that they are a team just a step behind the top teams, in a class of #2 caliber teams, all set to beat the shit out of the "weaker" COlts, Bengals, Jags, etc. type teams. But they aren't. The Browns are one of those shit teams. They are not just every bit as bad as those teams, THEY ARE WORSE because they have Hue Jackson and this asshole Greg WIlliams.

I am betting the Colts based on my faith in Hue Jackson. Pagano is a better coach. Hue Jackson has not once out coached anyone. He caught the Chrgers flat and got lucky. The fucking guy mismanages the clock, calls plays right in the hands of the opposing defense, has a penalty ridden team, and gets no emotion out of these cocksuckers.

Yes, I want to see this fucking joke of a team decimated, destroyed, humiliated, fucked up. I am tired of watching you nutsack trimmers  make up endless fantasies about how we really fooled the rest of the NFL teams in the draft and got HOF talent in the 38th round. 

I have reverence for the Cleveland Browns. This fucking shitbag of a team should have never been called the Browns in the first place. It was disgraceful and disrespectful to the tradition of the Browns. Had this team properly been named something else, because it really is a new team, you blowjobs wouldn't even be talking Cleveland football, other than how to fucking get rid of it.

You want to be Browns fans with a low bar? Be my guest. But not me. I don't want this fucking team in Cleveland. I want Haslam to fire the entire bunch of these fuckfucks, moe the franchise to a progressive city, and FOREVER BURY THE ONCE GOOD NAME of the Cleveland Browns. THAT is what I feel is best for the Cleveland Browns franchise and once proud name. Fuck the city of Cleveland for letting this abomination happen.

Go Colts. Fuck up the Browns. Send them into Cinci 0 -3 with no mo, their confidence broken, and their shoulders slumped. 

(Yeah, I will be here after the game should the Browns win this impressive battle of shittown. But, I am pulling for everyone who plays against this shitbag)

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I didn't say anything about the Browns players getting hurt, I said I want to see them get fucked up. Bashed, smacked, demoralized, shaken up.

Look you fucking pustards, I am a Browns fan, I want the team to win. They are NOT ever going to win with Hue, Depudduster, Sashit, Kizer, Coleman, Garrett and the shit pile of players on this team. This is NOT a team that is building, rebuilding, growing, or anything else. 

Haslam needs to fire the entire shitload,  like Noll did with the Steelers.

You guys want to pretend that the browns are on the cusp, that they are a team just a step behind the top teams, in a class of #2 caliber teams, all set to beat the shit out of the "weaker" COlts, Bengals, Jags, etc. type teams. But they aren't. The Browns are one of those shit teams. They are not just every bit as bad as those teams, THEY ARE WORSE because they have Hue Jackson and this asshole Greg WIlliams.

I am betting the Colts based on my faith in Hue Jackson. Pagano is a better coach. Hue Jackson has not once out coached anyone. He caught the Chrgers flat and got lucky. The fucking guy mismanages the clock, calls plays right in the hands of the opposing defense, has a penalty ridden team, and gets no emotion out of these cocksuckers.

Yes, I want to see this fucking joke of a team decimated, destroyed, humiliated, fucked up. I am tired of watching you nutsack trimmers  make up endless fantasies about how we really fooled the rest of the NFL teams in the draft and got HOF talent in the 38th round. 

I have reverence for the Cleveland Browns. This fucking shitbag of a team should have never been called the Browns in the first place. It was disgraceful and disrespectful to the tradition of the Browns. Had this team properly been named something else, because it really is a new team, you blowjobs wouldn't even be talking Cleveland football, other than how to fucking get rid of it.

You want to be Browns fans with a low bar? Be my guest. But not me. I don't want this fucking team in Cleveland. I want Haslam to fire the entire bunch of these fuckfucks, moe the franchise to a progressive city, and FOREVER BURY THE ONCE GOOD NAME of the Cleveland Browns. THAT is what I feel is best for the Cleveland Browns franchise and once proud name. Fuck the city of Cleveland for letting this abomination happen.

Go Colts. Fuck up the Browns. Send them into Cinci 0 -3 with no mo, their confidence broken, and their shoulders slumped. 

(Yeah, I will be here after the game should the Browns win this impressive battle of shittown. But, I am pulling for everyone who plays against this shitbag)

Whew!  He'd rather have no football team at all than have the gang we've got.

That certainly doesn't say much for Haslam and his crooked Pilot J's Flying Circus and the Harvard Think Tank that's running the team.  He even hates Williams, who actually has our D playing half decent.

I have to admit that I'm not a big Hue fan.  I don't know who the hell dubbed him a QB guru.  (that was his status when we were hiring him)  I've seen him mismanage the QB's...but not the guru side.  I don't like that he designs plays for the QB to be running the ball.  And I don't like his play calling when we get down around the goal line.  AND, I think one of the best examples of coaching stupidness was displayed to us just before the half of the Cincy game last year when we cowardly kicked a field goal and then, by calling a time out, we invited the Bengals to come down the field to score a TD on their way into the locker room.

To the tradition:  We WERE  a respected franchise, with positive W/L statistics and team records.  But that all moved away to Baltimore (and a lot of the blame for that falls on city officials...and of course, Modell).  Now, we've ruined our positive W/L records against opponents...and the winningest QB in our home stadium is a Steeler.  (OMG...just saying that makes me want to jump off a cliff)

We can't help but to ask ourselves, "What did we do to deserve this?"   -  None of US threw any bottles at the refs during bottlegate.  

And on top of all that, we now have the most hideous uniforms in the league...cos somebody thought THAT was a bright idea.

OK, so....it's time to come in from the ledge.  We HAVE a football team to root for.  IMO, as bad as they are, it's better than having no team at all (but don't ask me to repeat that on a Sunday around 4pm).  And Haslam IS TRYING.  He tried doing it the old school football way with FOOTBALL people, more than once.  So now he's trying something completely different (to borrow a Flying Circus phrase).  I actually applaud him for that.  And I don't applaud him for much.  AND, trigger finger Haslam did NOT fire the whole bunch of 'em after having the worst season in team history.  I'll bet that was not easy for him to not do.

The Ghoul wants the team to be humiliated from here on out so that Haslam fires the whole lot of them.  Well, that's a plan (a fan plan).  If he thinks that we've got all the wrong people in all the wrong places then that's what would actually be best for the organization in the long run.  Now, that wouldn't be so good if the thinking is that we're on the right track but there's still miles of track to traverse.

Me, I'm just not sure yet.  I know I'm not a big Hue fan.  And I know that I wanted Wentz to be our QB.  But aside from that I've got to see more of how things play out this year.

And one more thing that I think.....I think Bernie Kosar still posses one of the best football minds around and I wish that he had tons of money and could buy the team.  

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

We've tried the fire everybody approach how many times? So we should try it again? You have to start winning sometime, and against the Colts would be a good start. Will they? In the famous words of Chris Berman "that's why they play the game."  Hue gets canned- Williams is taking over. Sorry about that Tom. If you're only counting wins and losses, this years edition of the Browns is no different than last years. Williams defense is an improvement over Hortons- YOU may not think so, but it's way different too. 

Finally, I'm getting up around three hours early to make the 110 mile drive to Indy- to watch what I hope will be the Browns first win of the year. I'm a happy camper in this regard- I got a 40 yard line Club Seat for 1\2 off. Hehehe. Now about the Colt's dime a dozen o-line, which was worth about 2 cents, and now their starting center is out on top of it.  Should be another long day for Brissett. 

Have an awesome trip Hoorta! I hope you get to see a victory. I'm going to be there in spirit with ya Dawg. We're going to WIN this one. We're due. 

I really like Williams, he's not quite like I was expecting him to be. He's not just a yeller without a purpose. He can turn it on and get mad but he knows how to get the guys on Defense to buy into his philosophy and play hard for him without them tuning him out. 

I like Hue Jackson- However, I have always seen him as an excellent Offensive Coordinator. He's got the personality of a rock and not in the stoic sense. 

Ideally I would like Hue to go back to focus on just the offense. He made Andy Dalton work and that guy and that team is ugh-ly. That's why I'm afraid he gonna get Kizer to do just enough that it keeps us from finding our Franchise QB, which I think he could have right under his nose in Hogan. 

I'll never root for Kizer to intentionally lose though. It's not about Kizer- It's about The Browns, it's about Cleveland and North East Ohio, it's about coming for what's ours. Victory! 

Archived