THE BROWNS BOARD

Rams 49ers

LondonBrown

Just now, gumby73 said:

they might need the rights to espn's pylon cam..still don't see he nor ball crossing plain

He doesn't have to...just the ball.  But I don't disagree with you unless he reached it across as he was going out of bounds.

33 minutes ago, Mark O said:

He doesn't have to...just the ball.  But I don't disagree with you unless he reached it across as he was going out of bounds.

keep it for later..but if they go by ball it's in his left hand & out at 1..his feet half line..right hand no ball crosses over pylon(maybe) play on..but it was a 1st & 2 play though

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Either via run or pass? Seems pretty good...

Overall I like the 49ers (+2) at home, in a defensive game, but Gurley being shut out is not easy to see.

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

I like the Rams....The Niners suck

Ha! Told ya... niners plus 2 rules! ;) Plus I nailed that defensive game call...

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Have I ever told you about my James White Super Bowl fiasco ;)

Nope.... sounds like a story meant to a company a pint...

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Man...that's a tough roughing the passer call on the Rams there.

Clean hit, but if you pull in the wrap up of a QB, they'll flag it...

4 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I guess sitting and learning worked out well for Goff.

... plus struggling mightily for seven games... and a HC change. :o

I think we're starting to see why Hue Jackson was willing to almost sell the farm for Goff.  Some of the throws he made last night were seriously impressive, and he looks to have quite a skill set.  The one pass the threw on the run, off of ONE FOOT was incredible.  It sailed down the field and landed right in the bread basket.  The interesting thing to remember is...Goff looked like a complete bust last year, and he was VERY difficult to watch.  I'm desperately hoping it has more to do with him being comfortable, and less to do with having a new coaching staff  From what I've seen, he just appears more comfortable.  Of course, he also has a RUNNING GAME, and this above all else is paramount to OUR young QB making strides.  

And it wasn't just Goff who was impressive either.  Hell, some of the throws HOYER was making are far beyond what Kizer can do.  Some of those passes were right on the money, and there's no WAY Kizer could ever make those, not in a 1000 years.  Good God I wish we had Pierre Garcon.  That guy is an ANIMAL, and he's exactly what OUR offense needs.  

I'm starting to get REALLY nervous about this game Sunday.  I've heard several news outlets report they expect the Browns to get their first win of the season, and I don't like to hear that.  I don't think we're ANYWHERE NEAR getting our first win, and I'm actually thinking the Colts might come out and give us a much bigger fight than the numbers suggest.  For example, the Colts have one of the worst offensive lines in football, but guess what?  We have literally the WORST pass rush in the league.  Dead last.  So who wins this fight?  A pass rush who can't get home, or the OL that can't protect?  I already know, and it's not our pass rush.  I've watched our line play on passing downs, and NOBODY EVER wins a 1 on 1 match up...not ever.  

15 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Some of the throws he made last night were seriously impressive, and he looks to have quite a skill set.  

Beginning to see what many of us saw at the collegiate level resurface at the next. All you noted plus a pocket presence. Looking forward to seeing if it continues.

Aside #1: I'm trying to imagine Cleveland fans having the patience an admittedly apathetic LAR fan base has displayed. I'm having trouble getting there.

Aside #2: I loved the shots of LAR's rookie HC, McVay, working in his OC role on the sidelines when SF had the ball. I can only hope Hue took note.

21 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hell, some of the throws HOYER was making are far beyond what Kizer can do.

I was pleased to see old Brian bounce back from that horrible start. But he still makes a couple predetermined, WTF-was-that throws among some otherwise nice QB-ing... at least nice when young Shannie is his OC...

Archived