THE BROWNS BOARD

How many have you seen?

Your Results:
  • 78 of 100 movies (78%)

I know there are some listed that aren't "cult classics". I mean Gremlins 2 ??? In a list with Blade Runner? With A Clockwork Orange? With Big Trouble in Little China?

And if you are going to include Little Shop of Horrors.... for God's sake not the musical remake... the ORIGINAL 1960 version is the one.

Check out the young actor about to make his screen debut as "the next patient" after Seymor, the lead character, dispatches the Dentist. The debut alone is cult-worthy.

29 excluding the "old" Little Shop from 1960. I was in Venezuela and it never appeared there. Did not even know there was one that early till now. Vast majority (like Easy Rider, The Road Warrior, etc.) I would not classify as "cult".

Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, Westside Steve said:

And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

Which soundtrack... Tiger Lily? 'cause Easy was all about Steppenwolf IIRC....

Edit: Son-of-a.... I have no memory of the soundtrack...

image.jpeg.75fa646dbbdfd90bdb5f1e1d86fb811b.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, Westside Steve said:

Actually though I hold it no ill-will not my favorite of Lovin Spoonful songs. Didn't want to have to do it is.

Nah... not the vest, but the one I identify with the FlowerPower them.

Best? I think homie nailed it.

Archived