THE BROWNS BOARD

Draftkings

jcam222

So do  any of you play a few weekly lineups on DK? I love putting a few $3 teams in to try to win $100K. 

Anyway is there anyone out there that thinks that can beat me in daily fantasy??  Surely there are a few delusional people out there :)

Was thinking of setting up a $10 contest this week, winner take all minus the rake, anyone interested?

14 hours ago, jcam222 said:

So do  any of you play a few weekly lineups on DK? I love putting a few $3 teams in to try to win $100K. 

Anyway is there anyone out there that thinks that can beat me in daily fantasy??  Surely there are a few delusional people out there :)

Was thinking of setting up a $10 contest this week, winner take all minus the rake, anyone interested?

I have enough of a gambling problem that I don't need to be involved in daily fantasy.    From what I've heard (and I could be wrong) that the issue with these daily fantasy things is the people out there making 100's of teams so its nearly impossible to win. 

26 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I have enough of a gambling problem that I don't need to be involved in daily fantasy.    From what I've heard (and I could be wrong) that the issue with these daily fantasy things is the people out there making 100's of teams so its nearly impossible to win. 

I suspect there are people running computer programs out there making the picks. I don't play on line poker for money either. Been a couple of people running them that could see every hand while playing.

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

98% of the DraftKings money is won by syndicates. It's almost impossible to win as a person playing by himself. 

Not so much syndicates, but people who legit do this as their full-time job. They run programs worth 10s of thousands of dollars to run simulations on how to "buy" a team based on value, rankings etc. If I find the video of the dude who set the standard for it I'll link it, but it's insane. 

Personally I think it's fun to throw $5 a week at it on a smaller pool, smaller prize event. I play in one  that's about 1,200 total in the pool and roughly the top 33% get $10 or up. I put in $30 at the start of each season and rarely have to put in more, and once won $100 which is cool. It makes it much more fun for the games which I why I like it alot.

I enjoy spending between $20 and $50 most weeks in the big prize tournaments. I realize when I do it there are experts with 100s of teams running statistical software. I still manage most years to lose very little up to win a few bucks lol. It is my only gambling habit and it really makes the games of other teams that much more interesting to me. 

You can set up private leagues that only those provided the link can play. We could do one for this board only with a small buy in if there were enough interested to try. I am guessing none of us would be using statistical software :)

Archived