THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy FB advice - Week 3

200lbMumford

OK, so I didn't see a thread for this, only the one that discusses your board league.  If this should be it's own topic let me know.  But I'm getting tired of getting in my own way.  So in both weeks 1 and 2 I had seven players for six slots and I chose the wrong person to leave on the bench both weeks.  So now I'm looking for advice.  Who would you leave on your bench? (I need reasonings too, not just a list)

League:  1/2 ppr, standard  1 per 10 yardage and 6 per td

Positions: 

• RB
  • RB
  • WR
  • WR
  • TE
  • FLEX

Players

• M. Thomas - WR - NO (@WAS)
  • M. Crabtree - WR - OAK (@CAR)
  • K. Benjamin - WR - CAR (v.OAK)
  • L. McCoy - RB - BUF (v.DEN)
  • L. Fournette - RB - JAX (v.BAL)
  • C. Hyde - RB - SF (v.LAR)
  • J. Reed - TE - WAS (v.NO)

I have to chose between Big Ben @ Chicago or Matt Ryan @ Detroit - leaning towards Big Ben

RBs Fornette @ Bal and Stewart (Caro.) vs NO   Cincy doesn't use Joe Mixon enough and Murray may be back instead of Derrick Henry (last minute decision)

WRs Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper and Tyreek Hill - Doesn't matter who because Olsen is on IR and Diggs may not have Bradford back (last minute decision on that one too).

K Crosby (GB) -  vs Cin

Def- Chiefs @ Chargers or Browns @ Indy  tough decision here too.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have to chose between Big Ben @ Chicago or Matt Ryan @ Detroit - leaning towards Big Ben

RBs Fornette @ Bal and Stewart (Caro.) vs NO   Cincy doesn't use Joe Mixon enough and Murray may be back instead of Derrick Henry (last minute decision)

WRs Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper and Tyreek Hill - Doesn't matter who because Olsen is on IR and Diggs may not have Bradford back (last minute decision on that one too).

K Crosby (GB) -  vs Cin

Def- Chiefs @ Chargers or Browns @ Indy  tough decision here too.

I'd lean towards Matt Ryan. That game has the highest projected point total this week at 50.5. Both offenses are pass happy. I feel like the  Steelers will take an early lead and pound the rock against da Bears. Only thing I'd say on your backs is keep your ears open, with a new offensive coordinator in Cincy higher Mixon usage may occur rapidly. Defense? BROWNS BABY! Your receivers to me are set it and forget it except for bye weeks. Brown and Cooper are weekly starts regardless of matchup. Between Hill and Diggs I go Hill everytime? Why you say? KC goes out of their way to put the ball in his hands, he's a weapon in the passing game as well as returns and sweeps. That is my take on your team. 

2 hours ago, 200lbMumford said:

OK, so I didn't see a thread for this, only the one that discusses your board league.  If this should be it's own topic let me know.  But I'm getting tired of getting in my own way.  So in both weeks 1 and 2 I had seven players for six slots and I chose the wrong person to leave on the bench both weeks.  So now I'm looking for advice.  Who would you leave on your bench? (I need reasonings too, not just a list)

Positions: 

• RB
  • RB
  • WR
  • WR
  • TE
  • FLEX

Players

My advice for your team is don't over manage. Your receivers are very close in what I believe to be their total annual points. Pick 3  and ride them with the exception of bye weeks or injury. Same with your backs , I roll with Fournette and McCoy all day long with Hyde to fill bye week. 

4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

My advice for your team is don't over manage. Your receivers are very close in what I believe to be their total annual points. Pick 3  and ride them with the exception of bye weeks or injury. Same with your backs , I roll with Fournette and McCoy all day long with Hyde to fill bye week. 

My point is of the six, one has to sit.  Which one this week?  I keep picking the wrong one.

36 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

Or are you saying roll with the 3 WR and sit Hyde this week?

Yep , EVERY week. Playing matcchups with your team to me makes no sense. Far more often than not you will outsmart yourself. I might deviate only if Hyde had an EXTREMELY plus match up. 

Didn't Ryan lose an OL this week? Personally I'd go Ben...

3 hours ago, 200lbMumford said:

Positions:  RB - RB - WR - WR - TE - FLEX

3 hours ago, 200lbMumford said:

Quick note, QB is D. Carr which gives me synergy with Crabtree if that matters to you.

It does... that's why I have Carr-Crabtree paired in my IDP league. Just missed nabbing Crabtree in my H2H.

I'm looking for a breakout by Thomas this week. K Benj should struggle vs, OAK with Olsen gone.

RB pickins are a lil slim, but you have to ride McCoy, tho as BUF will have no choice but to do the same. I expect BLT to load up and stuff Fournette. Hyde feels like a reach, but the 49ers D is legit and against the Rams that could mean some added, short-field, TD opportunities for him.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Didn't Ryan lose an OL this week? Personally I'd go Ben...

It does... that's why I have Carr-Crabtree paired in my IDP league. Just missed nabbing Crabtree in my H2H.

I'm looking for a breakout by Thomas this week. K Benj should struggle vs, OAK with Olsen gone.

RB pickins are a lil slim, but you have to ride McCoy, tho as BUF will have no choice but to do the same. I expect BLT to load up and stuff Fournette. Hyde feels like a reach, but the 49ers D is legit and against the Rams that could mean some added, short-field, TD opportunities for him.

Kelvin is a tough one to decipher until maybe after this week. I would expect targets to increase for both him and Funchess but we shall see how that plays out. 

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But I was happy with Brown, Cooper and Hill so I can't bitch.

You could, but expect more F-bombs than flowers...

Archived