THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday

The Gipper

Here is This week's survey.   Give your thoughts/opinions:

1.  On a scale of 1-10 rate Hue Jackson's performance so far as HC of the Browns.

2. The next 4 games on the Browns schedule are the Colts, Bengals, Jets, and Texans.   How many do they win?

3. Corey Coleman is out...again...with a broken hand.  What, if any, bones have you ever broken?

4. A. Who is the best looking rookie QB you have ever seen on any team.   B. Same for the Browns

5.A.  Who was the most overmatched rookie QB you have ever seen on any team.  B. Same for the Browns

6.  Per a recent article I read, it questioned the existance of certain historical or mythical figures. Tell whether or not you think the following were actually real, or purely mythical:

Robin Hood

King Arthur

Homer

William Tell

King Midas

Confucius

King David

Moses

John Henry

Paul Bunyan

Joan of Arc

Betty Crocker

The acutally 4 Musketeers:   Porthos, Athos, Aramis, D'Artagnan

Walter White

3. Left arm twice, once bad broke the  humerus clean through above the elbow (not funny), once just a fracture. Cracked my nose once but hey I looked better afterward. :blink:

Oh and Coleman broke my heart......another FL IR bust for me, never fails.

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1.  On a scale of 1-10 rate Hue Jackson's performance so far as HC of the Browns.

6 - much room for improvement, but not horrible.  Could benefit from having an OC.  

2. The next 4 games on the Browns schedule are the Colts, Bengals, Jets, and Texans.   How many do they win?

2 - they should win at least 3, but it's only going to be 2 because they are a young team that will somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in one of the games

3. Corey Coleman is out...again...with a broken hand.  What, if any, bones have you ever broken?

All of my fingers besides my thumbs.  (college football OL will do that to you)

4. A. Who is the best looking rookie QB you have ever seen on any team.   B. Same for the Browns

A. RGIII, until he got hurt AND until defenses caught up with the spread he looked like a verifiable juggernaut

B. Tim Couch by default.  Looked capable until he got the shit beat out of him to the point of suckage

5.A.  Who was the most overmatched rookie QB you have ever seen on any team.  B. Same for the Browns

A. Jamarcus Russell.  I don't think I need to explain this.

B. Spergon Wynn.  That one game he played... oof.  

6.  Per a recent article I read, it questioned the existance of certain historical or mythical figures. Tell whether or not you think the following were actually real, or purely mythical:

Robin Hood - Mythical based on some real events and legends

King Arthur - Mythical based on some real events and legends

Homer - Favorite Simpson (just kidding, real author)

William Tell - Real person, made up legend

King Midas - There is a real King Midas in the ancient times but it's not the Midas associated with the golden touch mythology

Confucius - Real philosopher

King David - Real king, mythical legends about him

Moses - I have no idea

John Henry - Real person, stories are iffy

Paul Bunyan - Mythical based on some real events and legends

Joan of Arc - Real

Betty Crocker - I can honestly say I've never contemplated this, nor do I care to

The acutally 4 Musketeers:   Porthos, Athos, Aramis, D'Artagnan - Fairly certain fictional

Walter White - "If that's true - if you don't know who I am - then maybe your best course is to tread lightly"

What?  No Keyser Soze?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I only give him a 4.  I see way too many mistakes, poor play calling etc. to give him even an average grade.  Lots of issues may not be his fault...but enough are to warrant the below average ranking.

I would like 3 out of 4. Anything less than 2 out of 4 is really unacceptable.

I am 65...and have never broken a bone in my life.  Knock on wood.  I have had, however a full knee ligament tear, when I was 16 playing baseball.

Best overall:  Dan Marino.  He took the league by storm.   Best   on the Browns:  Probably Bernie Kosar.  Played steadily enough to allow the Browns to win a division title. 

Hard to find anyone worse that Ryan Leaf, fair to say?  For the Browns, it seems to be kind of a tie between Eric Zeier and Luke McCown.  (though...Spergon Wynn is also a good candidate).

6.  Per a recent article I read, it questioned the existence of certain historical or mythical figures. Tell whether or not you think the following were actually real, or purely mythical:

Robin Hood...mythical stories,  but based on real person

King Arthur....same...there WAS an Arthur like "King of the Britons" that fought off the Saxon invasion circa  500 AD...and after he died, the Saxon invasion went forward.  But, since there was no "England" then...he was never their King.  More like King of the Welsh.

Homer....some say fictional...I think pretty real. 

William Tell....like Robin Hood,  mythical stories based on a real person.

King Midas...probably mythical

Confucius....real, but could be an amalgamation of ancient Chinese Philosophers

King David....I think real to the extent that there was a King of Israel. Certain archeological records support his reality.

Moses...fictional, though there may have been some kind of Hebrew slave revolt leader in Egypt.  No proof of the Exodus ever found.

John Henry...real, but over dramatized.

Paul Bunyan...mythical.

Joan of Arc....historical records pretty conclusive that she was real.

Betty Crocker....confirmed to be fictional.  She is just a marketing tool.

Confirmed that these 4 WERE real musketeers of the French King's Guard.   Their stories, however, are at variance with the Alexander Dumas fictional writings. 

Walter White   real only if you have had some of his Crystal Blue Persuasion.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

3. Left arm twice, once bad broke the  humerus clean through above the elbow (not funny), once just a fracture. Cracked my nose once but hey I looked better afterward. :blink:

Oh and Coleman broke my heart......another FL IR bust for me, never fails.

I'm pretty sure I broke my humorous once too, so I made her get off.:lol:

1.  On a scale of 1-10 rate Hue Jackson's performance so far as HC of the Browns. 2

2. The next 4 games on the Browns schedule are the Colts, Bengals, Jets, and Texans.   How many do they win? 2

Only toes so far... at least three with one confirmed by X-ray. Read somewhere long ago that the average person breaks seven in their lifetime.

4. A. Who is the best looking rookie QB you have ever seen on any team.   B. Same for the Browns. 

A. RGIII 

B. Really very few contenders... Not old enough to have seen Otto or Plum as a rookie. Ryan and Nelson weren't with us their rookie years. Phipps? Ummmm... no. Sipe sat. Pretty much makes the choice Bernie by default. He really had it between the ears. Really no contenders other than Couch since him and he had a bad team masking any potential he may have had.

A... I'll say George Plimpton.... B? Have to say Quinn. Most of the other choices showed enough at some point to raise a "maybe".

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  On a scale of 1-10 rate Hue Jackson's performance so far as HC of the Browns. D+

2. The next 4 games on the Browns schedule are the Colts, Bengals, Jets, and Texans.   How many do they win? 2

3. Corey Coleman is out...again...with a broken hand.  What, if any, bones have you ever broken? Toe

4. A. Who is the best looking rookie QB you have ever seen on any team. Ben Roethlisberger 13-0  B. Same for the Browns Tim Couch

5.A.  Who was the most overmatched rookie QB you have ever seen on any team.  Troy Aikman 0-11  B. Same for the Browns Which year are we talking about?

Robin Hood

King Arthur

Homer

William Tell

King Midas

Confucius

King David

Moses

John Henry

Paul Bunyan

Joan of Arc

Betty Crocker

Walter White

1 - 17. Any questions?

None

None

McNair, Bernie, Marino, Moon, Fouts         B. Bernie

That big tall blonde goofy fuck the Raiders had.                                                     B. Kizer

Robin Hood

King Arthur

Homer

William Tell

King Midas

Confucius

King David

Moses

John Henry

Paul Bunyan

Joan of Arc

Betty Crocker

Walter White

and I should have been given that choice

if we had a decent coach I would say all 4 but I will refer to answer #!  0

cheek bone met a bar stool years ago

sorry man I ain't gay

frye ? forgot how to spell his name,can't believe seattle gave us anything for him

Robin Hood

King Arthur

Homer

William Tell

King Midas

Confucius

King David

Moses

John Henry

Paul Bunyan

Joan of Arc

Betty Crocker

Walter White

they are all real,well except moses c'mon man could have been king but through it all away 

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm pretty sure I broke my humorous once too, so I made her get off.:lol:

Oooohhh that's nothing to laugh about, really it isn't......... :lol:

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Game Day-3         Otherwise   5

Two

Leg, arm, couple of fingers

A. RGIII             B. ?

Leaf                         Weeden

ere is This week's survey.   Give your thoughts/opinions:

5 ... or rather , Incomplete. I think he's a real good coach, but can't grade him up until the wins come.

There is not one chance in hell that they lose any of those.

Broke my arm in two places playing football when I was 7. Broken toe here and there. Broke my penis during a weekend bender with a fat assed girl in a hotel room.

Marino. Cody Kessler.

Terry Bradshaw; Spergon wynn

Robin Hood

King Arthur

Homer

William Tell

King Midas

Confucius

King David

Moses

John Henry

Paul Bunyan

Joan of Arc

Betty Crocker

Walter White

All real, or based on real people, except King Midas, Paul Bunyan, Betty Crocker and Walter White.

3 hours ago, 200lbMumford said:

While he wasn't great as a rookie by any stretch, the real shit show wasn't until year 2.  That was the two flip interceptions season.

And in that rookie campaign he had some good games... or at least good game, i.e.,, his rookie Week 2 vs. Cinci... his high-water mark.

On 9/20/2017 at 11:51 AM, The Gipper said:

Robin Hood

King Arthur

Homer

William Tell

King Midas

Confucius

King David

Moses

John Henry

Paul Bunyan

Joan of Arc

Betty Crocker

Walter White

And what about these characters:  Real or myth?:

Tim Couch

Luke McCown

Brady Quinn

Brandon Weeden

Johnny Manziel.

Cody Kessler

Connor Shaw

Jake Delhomme

Austin Davis 

I tend to fall on the side of them all being mythical, fictional characters.

The fact that he was not a universal pick tells just what a shitstorm we have had with our QBs here....since the Bernie/Vinny era.

He was light-years ahead of the shitstorm Manziel put up when he started his rookie season.

His game vs Cincinnati was laughable. It honestly looked like they grabbed a guy from the Muni Lot and told him that he's the starting QB for the Browns that day.

Archived