THE BROWNS BOARD

Road Trippin To Indy

TopDawg31

Taking a road trip to Indy this weekend, anyone else going? Hooking up with the Central Indiana Browns Backers for a tailgate on Sunday. Details in the facebook event page below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1959523264315597/?acontext={"ref"%3A"4"%2C"feed_story_type"%3A"370"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}

Just now, stillmotion said:

they don't have luck, we should absolutely smash them

we are favored on the road, go figure.

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Based on what? Who is going to do the smashing? Kizer and his menopause headache? Garrett and his toothpick legs? Coleman and his broken bones? Yeah man the Browns should smash them. Colts send the Browns home humiliated and primed for a Bengals victory.

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Brisset is better than Kizer. They have Gore. Edge goes to the Colts.

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Based on what? Who is going to do the smashing? Kizer and his menopause headache? Garrett and his toothpick legs? Coleman and his broken bones? Yeah man the Browns should smash them. Colts send the Browns home humiliated and primed for a Bengals victory.

Let us ask a simple question:    Do you actually want the Browns to win some games?   Or do you want the Browns to lose every game?

And what is in it for you personally when they lose?   What is it about that that delights you? 

18 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Taking a road trip to Indy this weekend, anyone else going? Hooking up with the Central Indiana Browns Backers for a tailgate on Sunday. Details in the facebook event page below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1959523264315597/?acontext={"ref"%3A"4"%2C"feed_story_type"%3A"370"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}

Yes, it is your personal responsibility to bring home a win.  The burden is all on your shoulders!!

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, it is your personal responsibility to bring home a win.  The burden is all on your shoulders!!

It's a challenge, one I accept. I won't be alone, sounds like there will be plenty of Brown and Orange. I already know of one chartered bus coming from the CLE. We will represent the Dawg Pound proudly.

Jamie was not right imo on the running play, with both of his arms extended out, playing upright, while reaching at a RB who stiff arms him off..Get Well J.Collins..

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah... missed that he went out. Did not miss the play of which the gumster speaks...

Doubt he misses a game... at least better hope he doesn't.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

TBH Collins would likely be missed more...

I don't disagree with that. Garrett lacks one thing-a lot of NFL real game experience. Collins has a ton on a winning team and is a proven major asset already.

I was going for depth of talent at their positions...

While any alternative is a step (or two) down from Myles... I'm not sure I can see the bottom of the chasm from Collins.

Maybe Schobert slides outside and Bello starts in the middle?

EDIT: Nope... Burgess is ahead of Collins on the depth chart

MLB Joe Schobert B.J. Bello    
SLB James Burgess Jr. Jamie Collins Sr.    
CB Jason McCourty Mike Jordan

On 9/18/2017 at 7:19 PM, TopDawg31 said:

Yeah, decided today to make the two hour drive over there. Looks like the CIBB Tailgate is in the (looking at Google Earth) the parking lot of Now Courier a couple blocks from the stadium.  I'd bet a lot of the close in parking is by permit, and even if available, it's pricey- like $40. 

On 9/20/2017 at 2:47 PM, hoorta said:

Yeah, decided today to make the two hour drive over there. Looks like the CIBB Tailgate is in the (looking at Google Earth) the parking lot of Now Courier a couple blocks from the stadium.  I'd bet a lot of the close in parking is by permit, and even if available, it's pricey- like $40. 

I'm hearing free if get there early

On 9/19/2017 at 1:51 PM, The Gipper said:

I gave it everything I had, I even assured the guy in front of me soon after halftime ended that we are a 4th qtr team, lucky for me he said we're not. I said just you wait til the final 30 seconds that's when we win it. If only hue could figure out how to manage a 2 minute drill. Anybody here ever see how a real team does it? You know every play gets run to the sideline. Our morons run every play inside with no timeouts left. 

54 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

I gave it everything I had, I even assured the guy in front of me soon after halftime ended that we are a 4th qtr team, lucky for me he said we're not. I said just you wait til the final 30 seconds that's when we win it. If only hue could figure out how to manage a 2 minute drill. Anybody here ever see how a real team does it? You know every play gets run to the sideline. Our morons run every play inside with no timeouts left. 

I guess this question has to be asked....as though I watched the game, I don't remember.   How the hell were the Browns out of timeouts at least half way through the 4th quarter.

Again....that discipline/time management problem. They probably had a couple of instances early on where they just didn't get the play call in soon enough and had to call a TO.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess this question has to be asked....as though I watched the game, I don't remember.   How the hell were the Browns out of timeouts at least half way through the 4th quarter.

Again....that discipline/time management problem. They probably had a couple of instances early on where they just didn't get the play call in soon enough and had to call a TO.

They used them up on defense then proceeded to waste as much time as they could on offense.

25 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Hue's stubborness to get no help calling offensive plays will cost him his job 

He seems lost to me......I know he WANTS to win....but just doesnt understand how to get there.....

Any good coach, worth a drop of salt, woulda found a way to win a few of these games by now.....

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I was asking myself the same question Gip. Why did Hue burn through all his timeouts 5 minutes into the 4th quarter? 

10 hours ago, Mudfly said:

He seems lost to me......I know he WANTS to win....but just doesnt understand how to get there.....

Any good coach, worth a drop of salt, woulda found a way to win a few of these games by now.....

Unfortunately it's beginning to look that way, especially time allotted to process through a play with time leftover for the QB to change it. Of course it might also help his passing game to have a couple of reliable receivers. We have zero.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I was asking myself the same question Gip. Why did Hue burn through all his timeouts 5 minutes into the 4th quarter? 

Because we were down three scores, 17 points at the time and whenever we used the timeouts on Defense the effect is the same... it saves 120 seconds, two minutes of game clock. Unusual to do so that early? Yes, but the effect was the same... as the game played out.

That said... the game could have played out differently bringing the use of all three TOs into the mix of a loss, but they did not. This time.

What their early use arguably did was make Indy more conscious of eating clock. After we burned our third TO they ran ten plays, seven runs and three passes. One of the pass plays ended in a sack and another was negated by penalty. Their going conservative aided our closing defensive effort.

Plenty to question about our closing effort... a weak on-side kick effort, fair catching their final punt, and some play calls. But use of the TOs early doesn't rank with them... IMO.

Archived