THE BROWNS BOARD

Looks like Jordan Leslie is coming back to Cleveland

Adoug319

7 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Which is unfortunate, as there is room on this roster for someone who can get open and catch......but scout team is what I expect too.....

With Glass Coleman out for a couple months, we needed another WR.  

On 9/20/2017 at 2:34 AM, hoorta said:

With Glass Coleman out for a couple months, we needed another WR.  

Give that man a Cupie doll!

Here ya go ya bunch of Leslie lezzies... yeah... it's Rappoport, but take what you can get.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

#Browns are expected to promote practice squad WR Jordan Leslie before Sunday’s game, source said. given Corey Coleman’s injury. Should play

Don't be surprised if Leslie leads us in receiving.  Higgins did it last week, and I could totally see Leslie breaking free for a long pass.  We're going to get a couple of opportunities to hit a deep one, and Leslie showed the ability in the preseason to make the plays.  Apparently Jordan Leslie has been trying for over three years to make a roster, and he's been sleeping on couches and working out lately in hopes to finally achieve his dream.  You don't want to bet against a guy like that.  

Something else for Higgins fans...the Colts are ranked dead last in guarding against slot receivers, and Higgins plays the majority of his snaps from that position.  Higgins could possibly have another nice game.  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Don't be surprised if Leslie leads us in receiving.   You don't want to bet against a guy like that. 

I won't be surprised... personally I'll be shocked. And I'd definitely lose any bet I'd make...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Here ya go ya bunch of Leslie lezzies... yeah... it's Rappoport, but take what you can get.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

#Browns are expected to promote practice squad WR Jordan Leslie before Sunday’s game, source said. given Corey Coleman’s injury. Should play

Am totally lost here now T :unsure: Unless some team is jumping at our WR PS?..Sammy Coats, Kasen Williams,Reggie Davis all picked up at final cut-downs.(3-4 weeks now, all holding active roster spots).With at least some NFL Experience. Where are we with building any com-rod-ity with any QB?.. New additions must be lost in a confusing playbook including Saunders dance steps to line up properly on every down? Britt & Louis own the Playbook but imo neither can get open using it nor Catch a Cold catching a ball..Duke Johnson has been our best Receiver of anybody. With still no swing or screen action with Dayes either. C.Coleman goes down & we bring back Higgins & J.Leslie to prove we are over thinking the passing game? Am I close or can you Pin the tail on the Donkey///(JaxA$$)  

So they promoted Leslie to the active roster and cut WR Reggie Davis....

2 thoughts....

1) Im glad they promoted Leslie and hope they play him. If they do, he will do better than Britt or Coleman have done so far....

2) And if he does well.....WHYTF are our 2 leading WR's both guys we just cut 2 weeks ago???.....I swear these guys have ZERO clue about how to pick the best players for their roster.....esp WR's.....

On 9/20/2017 at 1:44 AM, Tour2ma said:

What have we seen him play against? Third teamers?

Mostly...perhaps?.......I do think he got some valid reps in preseason, but cant say 100%.....I will say he can catch and that can been seen no matter who's he played against.....(did see one bad drop - looked away too soon)

I don't see churning 3rd team WRs as a problem.

As for "these guys", which I am interpreting as "ths FO"... The FO is only moving out players that are buried deep in the 53 at their position and the FO did not put them there.

I wonder if Davis ends up being resigned to the PS...

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't see churning 3rd team WRs as a problem.

As for "these guys", which I am interpreting as "ths FO"... The FO is only moving out players that are buried deep in the 53 at their position and the FO did not put them there.

I wonder if Davis ends up being resigned to the PS...

Im assuming "these guys" are the coaches.....Hue......would think they are the ones evaluating talent based upon practice/camp/preseason, which is how the final roster should be determined.....

Still strongly questioning Hues talent evaluation skills....on who plays and stays.....where they play.....and how they're to be used....

18 hours ago, Mudfly said:

So they promoted Leslie to the active roster and cut WR Reggie Davis....

2 thoughts....

1) Im glad they promoted Leslie and hope they play him. If they do, he will do better than Britt or Coleman have done so far....

2) And if he does well.....WHYTF are our 2 leading WR's both guys we just cut 2 weeks ago???.....I swear these guys have ZERO clue about how to pick the best players for their roster.....esp WR's.....

You probably saw where Hue " challenged" Britt to start  earning his money, and stop playing like Brittany.

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You probably saw where Hue " challenged" Britt to start  earning his money, and stop playing like Brittany.

Actually...no....I wasnt aware he had challenged him....

Listened to a Hue pressy just the other day and he was asked repeatedly to comment on Bratt....and wouldnt...(it was weak)

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Actually...no....I wasnt aware he had challenged him....

Listened to a Hue pressy just the other day and he was asked repeatedly to comment on Bratt....and wouldnt...(it was weak)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20778370/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-challenges-kenny-britt-step-up

"I have challenged our guys every day and I have challenged him that he needs to step up and make plays and I think he will, I really do," Hue Jackson said Thursday. (and if he keeps playing like crap, I hope you bench him) 

Archived