THE BROWNS BOARD

Dude in seattle wearing swastika gets "rocked"

Clevfan4life

Ask and u shall receive steve....

"Now, the tropical fruit has shown up as as instrument in another disturbing event. According to Seattle alt-weekly The Stranger, on Sunday, a man wearing a red swastika armband was being "belligerent" and "Alex Jones-style yelling" at a crowd of people on the street. After an unnamed bystander told the unnamed neo-Nazi to "get the fuck out of our city," the neo-Nazi reportedly responded by calling the man "an ape" and throwing a banana at him."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

1) You and ur boys here have no leg to stand on when it comes to sources. You dumbfucks will cite ammoland on climate change articles sooooo....yeah.

2) if you processed information like normal people, you'd have caught this sentence...."According to Seattle alt-weekly The Stranger"

51 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

Hate to say it but DailyCaller isn't much better than Vice as a source.  Both of them are slanted hot garbage.  But then again, people only like to read and believe what they already believe.

I have no problem with a site that has a political slant as long as the reporting at least sounds credible. This particular backstory did not. Did you read the disjointed slapdash account of somebody with a banana on a bus? That sound like solid reporting to you?

For instance if somebody posts a video I assumed that the incident actually took place. Even if what led up to it is conveniently missing.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I have no problem with a site that has a political slant as long as the reporting at least sounds credible. This particular backstory did not. Did you read the disjointed slapdash account of somebody with a banana on a bus? That sound like solid reporting to you?

For instance if somebody posts a video I assumed that the incident actually took place. Even if what led up to it is conveniently missing.

WSS

Don't get me wrong.  As soon as someone quotes an article without the source I will assume the source is Alex Jonesian.  I also agree that bathing in the love of watching someone get beat up isn't helpful to any sort of discourse.  But I will also go back to my point that any website that has nothing but clickbait titles and complete slant doesn't deserve an an ounce of my time or energy.  WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WILL LEAVE YOU SPEECHLESS!  THE REPUBLICANS LOSE THEIR MINDS!  LIBERALS ARE TERRIFIED!   

It's garbage.  

Neither side wants to even bother anymore trying to understand each other.  It's name calling and partisan politics.   Democrats are now just as big, if not bigger, warmongers than Republicans.  Republicans have been come less fiscally responsible than most Democrats.   The two party system is broken and all of these slant websites on both sides do nothing but divide and distract while we start more wars and spend more money on non solutions.

My rant is over about it.  Because let's face it, no one from either side is going to listen to me anyway.  People just want to get their panties in a bunch.

Have a great day.  B)

38 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Are bananas racist now? Because I love bananas. As a side note when has anyone here actually seen a monkey eat a banana? I've seen any number of monkeys eat poop but never a banana. 

If you don't see the racial implications of throwing a banana at a black person then you're just being willfully obtuse to prove a point.  I'm all for not attaching meaning where this none, but the other side of that coin is then admitting when the implication is obvious.  

So let's say that's true, and that the banana is now elevated to the same status as the Confederate Battle Flag or a statue of Robert E Lee.. And remembering the admonition to read this shit story we know there were no Witnesses. And yet someone made the proclamation that this Nazi threw a banana. Not at a negro but supposedly at the white person who assaulted him. Just asking any of you guys who are so skeptical about most shit if that rings true with you?

PS was there any evidence of that on the video?

WSS

3 hours ago, 200lbMumford said:

If you don't see the racial implications of throwing a banana at a black person then you're just being willfully obtuse to prove a point.  I'm all for not attaching meaning where this none, but the other side of that coin is then admitting when the implication is obvious.  

Who the fuck are you? 

Yeah I get it, partially, but in the same token it's people like you that give rise to incredible bullshit like this

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/451013/banana-peel-frightens-ole-miss-fraternity-retreat-canceled-mississippi

4 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

And this 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/19/hobby-lobby-cotton-decor-triggers-customer.html

Hobby lobby had a decoration of cotton and black people were offended because, reasons, never mind that they most likely wear cotton seven days a week.

I'd say it's important to distinguish between "black people" and a black person.   One idiot can be offended, sure.   But just pouring through comments you have a large amount of black people on there calling that pure idiocy.   

You're painting the picture that black folk everywhere are running around CVS telling management to pull cotton swabs off the shelves.  No bueno.  

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'd say it's important to distinguish between "black people" and a black person.   One idiot can be offended, sure.   But just pouring through comments you have a large amount of black people on there calling that pure idiocy.   

You're painting the picture that black folk everywhere are running around CVS telling management to pull cotton swabs off the shelves.  No bueno.  

It's all over the news and Facebook so I'd say it caused more of a reaction than a single person being offended 

On 9/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, Westside Steve said:

So Nazis are bad because, well you know, World War II and shit. How about Muslims? How many people have died in Terror attacks in the last week month year decade? Do you support attacking them on the street?

WSS

Only difference is the universal and binding belief structure of the Nazi's and that, last I checked, my neighbor Saman hasn't attacked anybody.   Actually he's a pretty decent dude, aside from the fact he's a cowboys fan.  

I don't support attacking anyone on the street.   However I'm also of the mindset - play stupid games, win stupid prizes.     You want to talk about "macho boys", well you've got this wanna be hardass slapping a swaztika on his arm, parading around the street and calling out black people.     I guess I don't mind seeing him catch the pimp hand.  In fact, I found it kind of funny.   Stupid games, stupid prizes.   

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

It's all over the news and Facebook so I'd say it caused more of a reaction than a single person being offended 

Of course it's over the news.    You're going to have one idiot claiming offense,  people doing exactly what you're doing - claiming the whole of black people are in arms about this,  then the fake outrage crowd, etc etc.   

It's a non issue receiving attention it doesn't deserve.   Nobody in their right mind worth listening too agrees with the sentiment and you saying the days of somebody walking up to you while eating a piece of fruit and calling it racism is pure fear mongering.       Even then I'll entertain you because as I said, nobody in their right mind,  i.e.  mentally stable - would say that shit.    So if somebody does,  then who fucking cares? Clearly they need some type of evaluation.        Attempting to further some monolithic idea that this is the new norm and the future come calling with such nonsense is... disingenuous at best.     I can't think of a single black person I know that agrees with this hobby lobby thing let alone what you've proposed.    One of those people I'm sure I can speak for is a BLM organizer based out of Nashville that I went to school with.     Anybody that extreme is mentally unstable. Period.  

24 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Who the fuck are you? 

Yeah I get it, partially, but in the same token it's people like you that give rise to incredible bullshit like this

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/451013/banana-peel-frightens-ole-miss-fraternity-retreat-canceled-mississippi

Who the fuck am I?  :lol:  

So I bring up a point and your immediate response is to question the validity of my argument based on me being a relative unknown here?  

My point was that pretending the situation (if it's true, yes WSS, I'm not saying it is) wouldn't have racist implications is either obtuse or willfully ignorant.  At no point did I extrapolate it to the point you did of "where does it stop" rhetoric.  

Not pointing at you specifically with this next statement, but this is what I'm talking about from both sides.  There's this us v. them mentality and you assume that I'm a them because I disagree with you on a point.  And instead of just talking about something you machine gun post more articles to argue a point I wasn't even trying to make.

I was hoping for honest discourse and discussion.  But I can see that isn't going to happen.  I'll mosey back on to the Browns forum.  Have a great day.

You can't presume to speak for anyone. 

It's not disingenuous because it's happening. Fraternity trips are being cancelled because someone saw a banana peel. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/451013/banana-peel-frightens-ole-miss-fraternity-retreat-canceled-mississippi

Portland principals are raising questions about how fucking peanut butter and jelly is racist 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1874905

Civil war monuments are being taken down. Colombus day is supposed to be "indigenous people" day. 

Fuck em. Fuck em all. 

I'm tired as fucking shit about worrying about people's feelings.

4 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

Who the fuck am I?  :lol:  

So I bring up a point and your immediate response is to question the validity of my argument based on me being a relative unknown here?  

My point was that pretending the situation (if it's true, yes WSS, I'm not saying it is) wouldn't have racist implications is either obtuse or willfully ignorant.  At no point did I extrapolate it to the point you did of "where does it stop" rhetoric.  

Not pointing at you specifically with this next statement, but this is what I'm talking about from both sides.  There's this us v. them mentality and you assume that I'm a them because I disagree with you on a point.  And instead of just talking about something you machine gun post more articles to argue a point I wasn't even trying to make.

I was hoping for honest discourse and discussion.  But I can see that isn't going to happen.  I'll mosey back on to the Browns forum.  Have a great day.

If you're going to be a butthurt pussy that's fine. "Have a great day" you passive-aggressive twat. There's only room for aggressive-aggressive people here. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

If you're going to be a butthurt pussy that's fine. "Have a great day" you passive-aggressive twat. There's only room for aggressive-aggressive people here. 

You're not worried about peoples feelings but you seem to freak out about some frat canceling their trip?  Their business if they choose to cave to bullshit.      Also I love how you post an article regarding one person being offended at something very stupid, yet claim that many must be because... well, fuckin' reasons of some kind.  Then say I can't speak on behalf of friends I've known for the better part of 20 years.    Fuck sake,  you're pure comedy.  

Food isn't racist and normal people recognize the insanity in it.   Confederate monuments being taken down? Tough titty.    There needs to be statues erected to soliders on both sides or they simply need to be in a museum.     Because if you believe in the "you lost get over it crowd" - then A) The South lost         If you believe in the "The democrats were the ones that put them up back then"  which means B )   I'd say they have every right to take them down and   C) .... refer to A.   We don't do participation medals around this bitch.  

New poster comes in and gives a completely respectful and well thought out response and your discourse is to try and be a fucking hardass?   

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

And yes before your butthole pours blood, I get throwing a banana at a black person saying "here you fucking monkey have a banana" 

But how long until you're just eating a banana and some douche comes walking up, apoplectic, screaming about racism? It's on the way. 

No, it isnt on the way. Nobody thinks eating a banana is racist, throwing a banana at black people is racist. It happens all the time in euro soccer league accompanied by racial epithets

Archived