THE BROWNS BOARD

Some PFF grades

LondonBrown

A couple or so  observations:   

A, It seems to me that the Browns LBs have done the best job so far...in preseason/vs. Pitt.   Wonder why they would have had such a hard time of it yesterday.

B. If Britt was only 3rd worst on the team in PFF grade...who the hell was below him? Coleman maybe with his -0- catches in 5 targets? (would a broken hand have had to do with that?)

C. Looks like Tretter may have rebounded from a so so performance vs. the Squibs.

13 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Slowdown year for Joe T. How long do y'all wanna do this loyalty bit again?

That's the best physically & Health wise, T'sizzle Suggs has looked in 3 seasons..We can't go back & take Jack Conklin over C.Coleman..so wheres JT going with no back-up plan? No Where...

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

That's the best physically & Health wise, T'sizzle Suggs has looked in 3 seasons..We can't go back & take Jack Conklin over C.Coleman..so wheres JT going with no back-up plan? No Where...

Didn't Pittsburgh get after him too? 

Coleman and Johnson and the picks we get for the trade....

I believe JT was in the high 80's PFF score week 1?..PFF scores tells JT nothing/nor me when he/we already know his competition..Suggs earned JT's attention year one in league.. Per JT, that has not changed..Coleman/Johnson..HA!! that's not even close to Conklin in anybodies opinion..Can't believe the amount of true browns fans that would even phat-hum the idea of Trading JT now..What other great HOF LT you trading For? What playoff team late pick is worth JT? Your now in Njoku & Peppers Talent level..Go ahead take another swing at the JT pinata.. 

LB CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY, 23.1 OVERALL, LB JAMIE COLLINS, 38.7 OVERALL AND LB JOE SCHOBERT, 40.7 OVERALL

While the Browns secondary actually played fairly solid, and their defensive line was up and down, it was the inside linebacker trio of Kirksey, Collins and Schobert that really struggled for the Browns in this game. Flacco picked on them nearly exclusively in the pass game, working his receiver and tight end matchups any chance he could against them. The three combined to allowed 17 catches on 17 targets for 159 yards and a touchdown. They each missed a tackle and really struggled to escape blocks at the second level in the run game. None of them finished with a run defense grade above 40.0 on the game.

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Slowdown year for Joe T. How long do y'all wanna do this loyalty bit again?

Trolling I hope...

28 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I believe JT was in the high 80's PFF score week 1?..PFF scores tells JT nothing/nor me when he/we already know his competition..Suggs earned JT's attention year one in league..

Yes... 87 and change IIRC. And Suggs has always been Joe's toughest match up...

15 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

LB CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY, 23.1 OVERALL, LB JAMIE COLLINS, 38.7 OVERALL AND LB JOE SCHOBERT, 40.7 OVERALL

While the Browns secondary actually played fairly solid, and their defensive line was up and down, it was the inside linebacker trio of Kirksey, Collins and Schobert that really struggled for the Browns in this game. Flacco picked on them nearly exclusively in the pass game, working his receiver and tight end matchups any chance he could against them. The three combined to allowed 17 catches on 17 targets for 159 yards and a touchdown. They each missed a tackle and really struggled to escape blocks at the second level in the run game. None of them finished with a run defense grade above 40.0 on the game.

I was yelling "pick play" quite a bit yesterday. Lots of crossing patterns, and contact while the ball was in the air....no offensive interference on the Ratbirds at all per the refs.

Is Peppers even able to be graded?

I mean Williams has him lining up in another zip code relative to the line of scrimmage. If Peppers played that far off the ball in college he could probably be considered for a red-shirt season.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

With the safeties playing that far off the LOS, that gave a lot of open real estate for the Rat's TE's to roam.

Their OC exploited that big time.

Color me stupid, but it seems like we start plays on D with 9 guys....and two guys watching the game from the end zone.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Color me stupid, but it seems like we start plays on D with 9 guys....and two guys watching the game from the end zone.

Its like Williams thinks its 1935 and is expecting quick kicks before fourth down.

You draft Peppers because he's a versatile playmaker and relegate him to being the goalie for soccer game being played by 5 year olds.. I'm almost surprised not to see Peppers kicking his mitt and picking dandelions like his name is Timmy Lupus.

7 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I was yelling "pick play" quite a bit yesterday. Lots of crossing patterns, and contact while the ball was in the air....no offensive interference on the Ratbirds at all per the refs.

But they did Call Britt for Offensive PI..was it push off or Pick? can't remember?

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Trolling I hope...

Yes... 87 and change IIRC. And Suggs has always been Joe's toughest match up...

if there is a article that says JT,Ive read it..He loves the Professional competition with Suggs.. with all the trash talking included..per a Baltimore paper article.. Suggs asked JT yesterday "what U teaching that Coleman Kid"JT-"Did you just call me The Karate Kid" They did a set of downs with Kata yelps included..I'll try to post it if this top will let me..    

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You draft Peppers because he's a versatile playmaker and relegate him to being the goalie for soccer game being played by 5 year olds.

He was known for playing closer to the LOS than a lot of safeties.  A big hitter.  So what do we do?  We play him in punt formation.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Trolling I hope...

Not trolling. Let's ignore the validity of him slowing down and take it as a hypothetical. What if he's absolutely terrible this year? Would you guys still not take a first and change for him? 

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

With the safeties playing that far off the LOS, that gave a lot of open real estate for the Rat's TE's to roam.

Safeties somewhat sort of defending the deep ball had no bearing on our LB's being completely incompetent yesterday.. TE's were open because LB's couldn't stay with, period.  Flacco was 17-17 when targeting the 3 Ravens TE's.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Not trolling. Let's ignore the validity of him slowing down and take it as a hypothetical. What if he's absolutely terrible this year? Would you guys still not take a first and change for him? 

I'm not following your wierdness. Is this a buy low sell high thing? I don't fully understand what measureables go into a pff ranking, but he was top 5 in whatever those were.

Every team gets their Cal Ripken, and you just deal with it and hope for the best when shit happens. 

Bengals got Anthony Munoz. Reds got Barry Larkin. Yankees got Jeter. Lakers got Kobe. Yadda yadda...

Like a wise and perverted man once said, just let it happen.

15 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I was too. There was one end zone play where they just went together, the other ratbird wr picked off the defender...

touchdown. You let the Browns do that, they will call it every time. Seen this with the ratbirds and squealers often.

Makes money for certain refs maybe. Something stinks.

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I can't help but think that hopefully, this will be highly unusual.    And that Gregg Williams will not be happy at all with this.

Conspiracy! Great for breakfast, too...

On Peppers... has anyone gone deep on us?

15 hours ago, wargograw said:

OK... hypothetically... who offers a "first and change" for an "absolutely terrible" LT?

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Conspiracy! Great for breakfast, too...

On Peppers... has anyone gone deep on us?

OK... hypothetically... who offers a "first and change" for an "absolutely terrible" LT?

I don't know. That's what makes it a hypothetical. 

Archived