THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Hogan

domcucch1994

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

^@ 1:10 in Hogan throws a ball 60 yards through the air. Actually overthrows the WR by like 5 yards. Put a little too much on it. :P

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it.   I mean...it seems to me that Hogan proved that he was every bit as capable of throwing interceptions as anyone.

Just as capable as Joe Flacco apparently as he had one. 

However Kizer excels at INTs as he threw 3 and lost a fumble AND failed to put ANY points on the board. 

Hogan's was on a series that was somewhat botched by the coaching staff and also rushed trying to put points on the board before halftime. 

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Just as capable as Joe Flacco apparently as he had one. 

However Kizer excels at INTs as he threw 3 and lost a fumble AND failed to put ANY points on the board. 

Hogan's was on a series that was somewhat botched by the coaching staff and also rushed trying to put points on the board before halftime. 

Please quit with the masturbation over backup players.  Your estrogen is overflowing.

Hue Jackson was so completely pissed off by Hogan's interception that he actually said in his presser, "And that's why Hogan is the backup QB."  He continued on to say if Hogan DOESN'T make that atrocious pass, and he just lets the time expire, we're down 14-7 at half time and the game is completely different.  It was one of the worst passes I've ever seen, and when you do that, typically more awful shit happens next, and of course it did.  I thought it was interesting that Hue would say, "that's why he's the backup" when Kizer basically did something equally as awful, and threw the ball 6 feet behind Higgins in the end zone.  That was ALSO one of the worst passes you'll ever see.  I don't have ANY idea how Kizer could miss a guy that badly, and that pass more than ANYTHING really scares me.  We're not talking about Kizer getting tricked into new coverage scheme, or the ball getting deflected and then picked, or the receiver losing a joust.  No, we're talking about an extremely inaccurate pass...and THAT terrifies me.  It's the exact pass that victimizes us time and time again.  How many times has a team had the ball in the red zone and their QB fires a dart across the end zone for a TD?  Conversely, when is the last time WE'VE done that?

Perhaps the biggest reason we need to play Kizer is playing is the ONLY way he's going to get better.  For about the past 4 weeks, I've said Kizer is our future QB.  It's the first time I can ever remember saying that.  We don't need to get into the reasons now, or else we'll have another "Long-Winded Jiggins Post", and nobody has time for that nonsense.  It's safe to say that everybody knew going into the year that Kizer was going to have some of those games like he did against the Ravens, but it somehow didn't make it any easier to swallow.  Perhaps because despite ALL of the atrocious playing, we were still technically in the game (until Kizer threw that abysmal end zone pick, ugh).  

No, the kid has to play.  I don't think he's going to "blow up" this weekend, but I also don't think he's going to shit the sheets, either.  I have a vision of the game in my head, and it looks like an ugly mess of a game that we'll have a chance to win late in the 4th.  In fact, I believe it'll look remarkably similar to the Colts' last game against the Cardinals.  Low scoring, lots of punts, multiple turnovers for both sides, and FG accuracy will be the difference.  I see our running game coming alive, and it wouldn't surprise me to see us actually running the ball on a few 3rd and longs.  We won't get booed because it's a road game, and Kizer won't be throwing awful INT's against a dime defense with the ball on the ground.  Also, don't be surprised if you see some gadget plays, such as a fake punt, onsides kick, reverse pass, or maybe something featuring Jabril Peppers on offense.  This is our best chance to win, and we'll have something up our sleeve...I guarantee it.  

With the injuries we sustained last week, I'm not quite ready to predict a Browns victory.  I will say that I'm somewhat leaning towards that direction, but with Coleman out (again), AND Collins probably out, we could be in trouble.  

Kevin Hogan has EARNED his shot at playing. He has done more in his football career than Kizer has. He outplayed Kizer and defeated Kizer when they played against each other in college. 

Hogan has been on the big stage, he's played in the big games, he's made the big plays. He is the leader that the Browns need. Hogan lost his father to cancer before his final season, he's faced and thrived in the face of adversity.

He was drafted late by the Chiefs, then cut, then signed to the Browns practice squad(to my delight) and a month later to the active roster. He didn't get much time last season. We wasted most of the year on RGKnee and Kessler. 

He continued to work and get better, actually beating out Osweiler and Kessler, imo even Kizer - as the 4th string QB in a three horse race. He stepped in with minimal reps when Kizer's coochie hurt him and led us to our only points in the game. 

Hogan hasn't been given anything. Hogan has earned everything he has.

Hogan is the ANSWER.

Kizer is project that just leads to more questions.

Was there something funny in what I just said? :huh:

If we give Hogan the chance he can be OUR Derek Carr... and that's money in the bank.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No....it is all so pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Its pretty sad actually.

The most popular guy in town is the backup QB. :)  Yes, I like what I saw out of Hogan, not enough to make him the starter.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

The most popular guy in town is the backup QB. :)  Yes, I like what I saw out of Hogan, not enough to make him the starter.

the popularity that Beetlejuice is giving him is closing in on the creepy stalker territory.   He's probably already not allowed within 1000 yards of Josh Gordon....how long till he has to stay away from Hulk Hogan as well.

22 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

So.. what do you guys make of his performance?

I think he looked good. Strong arm, accurate. Had some mistakes, but he looked promising.

Kizer holds the ball too long... But maybe he can change that..

Hogan is a good backup who might be a diamond in the rough here..

Jeez, who was it that told you before the cocksucker even suited up that he holds the ball too long? WHo was it that told you before the preseason that Hogan has the quickest release of any of our QBs.

Problem? The Browns are supposedly building for the future. Hogan goes on Medicare in 8 months.

26 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Problem? The Browns are supposedly building for the future. Hogan goes on Medicare in 8 months.

G, Hogan is 24 years old. We should sit Kizer's baby ass on the bench and let him learn for a long, long time and see what we have in Hogan. Anybody remember Tom Brady was a 6th round pick? He and Hogan are in that same boat, only difference is apparently the Patriots can identify talent when it bites them in the ass. 

Keep dreaming on what Kizer "might" turn into one day instead of what he actually is - a turnover machine.

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Kevin has an excellent NFL arm. Kevin can make mistakes. Kevin will win. 

Jimmy like Kevin. Jimmy is Kevin's friend.

We are wasting our time playing with Kizer. 

The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

We are wasting our time playing with Kizer. 

The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division. 

Please- you're hallucinating about wins with Hogan... Kizer keeps having 4 turnover games with a 20 something qbr- you'll get your wish- eventually. 

& when I was looking up Kizer's stats on nfl.com- the first play on the screen was Hogan's pass that Duke Jonson had to make a highlight reel catch on with one hand falling backwards. I'm glad we have Kevin- if Hogan is as good as you think he is, and Kizer continues to be an inaccurate, turnover prone arm cannon type of guy- Hogan will get his chance to start. I'm not willing to call Deshone a bust after 2 games, and about no one else is either. 

But, with about 3-4 top level qbs likely in the 2018 draft, we HAVE to see if Kizer is the QBOTF. 

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Please- you're hallucinating about wins with Hogan... Kizer keeps having 4 turnover games with a 20 something qbr- you'll get your wish- eventually. 

& when I was looking up Kizer's stats on nfl.com- the first play on the screen was Hogan's pass that Duke Jonson had to make a highlight reel catch on with one hand falling backwards. I'm glad we have Kevin- if Hogan is as good as you think he is, and Kizer continues to be an inaccurate, turnover prone arm cannon type of guy- Hogan will get his chance to start. I'm not willing to call Deshone a bust after 2 games, and about no one else is either. 

But, with about 3-4 top level qbs likely in the 2018 draft, we HAVE to see if Kizer is the QBOTF. 

You could've stopped after hallucinating...because we all know he's living in some warped fantasyland where Richardson is Marshawn Lynch and Kevin Hogan is Joe Montana and someday Puffy Gordon is going to come back and play for the Browns.  

Hogan is what he is....he's Colt McCoy and he's Cody Kessler.   Nice guys to have around as a backup but he aint the long term answer.   Kizer may not be either but you're right, can't make that decision after only 2 games against 2 really good defenses.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Jeez, who was it that told you before the cocksucker even suited up that he holds the ball too long? WHo was it that told you before the preseason that Hogan has the quickest release of any of our QBs.

Well....I think that is a big fat lie.  I don't think you "told us" any such thing.  You are just trying to say ex post facto that you told us when you didn't. Provide a link to any post you made before the preseason where you claimed that he held the ball too long.   (and, yet...again...even if you do...so what? He really should just be a fucking Junior in college now.. not starting for an NFL team.  He can grow out of it.)

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Keep dreaming on what Kizer "might" turn into one day instead of what he actually is - a turnover machine.

Well, we don't have to dream about what YOU might turn into one day....as it has already happened.  I am just trying to find the right word for it:.

All I can say is that it is kind of in the Norman Bates, John Hinckley, Annie Wilkes shit.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well....I think that is a big fat lie.  I don't think you "told us" any such thing.  You are just trying to say ex post facto that you told us when you didn't. Provide a link to any post you made before the preseason where you claimed that he held the ball too long.   (and, yet...again...even if you do...so what? He really should just be a fucking Junior in college now.. not starting for an NFL team.  He can grow out of it.)

Gip, I did notice- and posted about it when Deshone was at ND, that I didn't like his accuracy, and poor decision making. If he can grow out of those two flaws, we're going to have a real long term qb. His arm strength is not debatable, but that's not going to get you to the HOF. Reference: Weeden, Brandon. Anderson, Derek. 

Wonder if it's ever crossed Ghoolie's mind- maybe the reason Kizer is holding onto the ball too long is because he's looking for an open, or potentially open WR and can't find one from our stellar (NOT!WR crew.   :)   

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Gip, I did notice- and posted about it when Deshone was at ND, that I didn't like his accuracy, and poor decision making. If he can grow out of those two flaws, we're going to have a real long term qb. His arm strength is not debatable, but that's not going to get you to the HOF. Reference: Weeden, Brandon. Anderson, Derek. 

Wonder if it's ever crossed Ghoolie's mind- maybe the reason Kizer is holding onto the ball too long is because he's looking for an open, or potentially open WR and can't find one from our stellar (NOT!WR crew.   :)   

Accuracy issues and decision making...yes, those were issues that many (not necessarily gh.) had stated. Holding the ball to long? Never heard that by anyone.  Yea, he may be holding the ball too long because our WRs are shite and can't get open...and because he has not yet learned he has to anticipate most of his throws...and because he does not read the hot or checkdown guys. 

53 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I like Hogan's arm and confidence better than Kizer's. I love Kizer's pocket presence though. 

The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games.  Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face.  The team will get better down the road and he will play better.   Also the Oline will get better as well.  

Archived