THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue and the offense

LondonBrown

6 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but he's (in my not so humble opinion) abandoning it too early when we're only down 1-2 scores.  I like Hue but I'd like to see him change his mindset here a little.

Exactly it's not like we've been 21 points behind in these games. The pass/run ratio with a rookie QB has been stupid. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have several issues with Hue as the OC;

1) Why does it take so long to get the play to the huddle?

2) When the play finally makes it to the QB, they're already short on clock, but Hue has them sidestepping & square dancing before the snap.

3) Why does Hue give up on the running game so quickly?

4) When the Browns have the ball 1st & goal inside the 5, he always tries one of those cute little WR bubble screens (that NEVER work).

My patience with Hue is wearing thin as it is, but he REALLY needs to hire an OC...cause basically he really sucks at it. 

Canton just completely nailed it with #4.  I've seen these work with OTHER teams, but I've NEVER seen it work with us.  Although it wasn't a bubble screen, that play call to have Kizer run it in from the 5 was such bullshit.  I don't mind the IDEA, but the play was so awful.  He's not fast enough to really get the edge on that, and where is the hole supposed to be there?  No, the PROPER play for Kizer to run it in would be a QB draw!!  How many times has that effing play worked against us?!  I know Dalton has done it like 3 times (at least), Ben probably has, and I'm guessing Flacco for good measure.  QB draw...not QB hesitate and lose 4 yards.  

I HATE our red zone offense.  Hate, hate, hate.  In fact, I'm going to make a new thread topic that revolves around this, but I don't have the time right now (I know you all can't wait!).

1 hour ago, 200lbMumford said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but he's (in my not so humble opinion) abandoning it too early when we're only down 1-2 scores.  I like Hue but I'd like to see him change his mindset here a little.

I said that it is plausible reasoning that he abandons the running game because the Browns always are following behind......BUT....I am not sure that is the actual reasoning Hue applies.   I think he just falls in love with his own play calling...because he thinks he is some kind of offensive innovator.

How about this for innovation:   Instead of having your players running around like chickens with their heads cut off, doing all this hairy high school horseshit with having the WRs, TEs, RBs and anyone and everyone going in motion on every play....you line up your OL and your TE...and you put a fullback in there...and you give the ball to your big fast strong RB....and you run the ball down the fucking throat of the defense.  Not on every play....but often enough to show that you can and will manhandle a defense.  You spent 100 million dollars on an offensive line to do just that....so fucking do it already.

Hue needs to get a clue, and stop sniffing glue,

hire an Offensive coordinator, who is tried and true..

Put together a team, that can win more than one game

And boost up our spirits, instead of always being lame..

Our Browns must win, and continue to fight

Do whats best for this team

Let's make it right..

Our history is rich.

but the expansion team has been bad

I want to be happy on Sundays

instead of always feeling mad..

We need cheerleaders

not some dude in a bone mask..

We need to stop being bottom-feeders

and get up to the task..

For its 1...2...3 and out disasters

turnovers, and penalties

that make us lose games faster

Clean this up Hue,

and make all of us proud

Because when it is gameday

We all get very loud..

4 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Hue needs to get a clue, and stop sniffing glue,

hire an Offensive coordinator, who is tried and true..

Put together a team, that can win more than one game

And boost up our spirits, instead of always being lame..

Our Browns must win, and continue to fight

Do whats best for this team

Let's make it right..

Our history is rich.

but the expansion team has been bad

I want to be happy on Sundays

instead of always feeling mad..

We need cheerleaders

not some dude in a bone mask..

We need to stop being bottom-feeders

and get up to the task..

For its 1...2...3 and out disasters

turnovers, and penalties

that make us lose games faster

Clean this up Hue,

and make all of us proud

Because when it is gameday

We all get very loud..

goldlaureate1-150x150.jpg

I didn't really read any of this thread but I can only assume it went something like this: 

someone stupid as fuck - "Hue should be fired, he sucks" 

Tour - "Not really, and here's a reason why you're wrong" 

someone else stupid as fuck - "FUCK YOU YOURE WRONG HUE SUCKS"

Ghoolie - "Paxton Lynch is good at football and I definitely don't have a tiny dick, have you heard about how successful I am at accordion"

a third person, also stupid as fuck - "This FO sucks, fire them all. We should have drafted Carson Wentz" 

Just now, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I didn't really read any of this thread but I can only assume it went something like this: 

Ghoolie - "Paxton Lynch is good at football and I definitely don't have a tiny dick, have you heard about how successful I am at accordion"

a third person, also stupid as fuck - "This FO sucks, fire them all. We should have drafted Carson Wentz" 

Lmao

5 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

It's the same dialogue.. Year in and year out!:wacko:

11 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

You discount the poetry?

3 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Well....Ive been on board for an OC since we hired Hue......they need one desperately.....

Me too, I’m against having a rookie QB throw 40 to 50 times a game to a bunch of substandard WR’s.

Yep we all sat thru the Shi$ Show we seen with Ravens. But as all football junkies would do? Most still watched GB at Atl..Put all the Playmaker on offense aside & just read the play by play of the plays ran by both Teams. Atl. has a new OC but knows situation football ..Proven in first drive from 14 yrd.line..All night both sides #1.would run ball out of Shotgun on 1st or 2nd down..#2. QB under center would throw short or medium routes..#3.2nd downs & under 4ish..Took a deep shot.#5.1st & 10-run a WR hand-off with Gabriel/Cobb off the end for 6-8yrds....We have a suppose'it better OL than both? We got some talented names on Offense? No not GB or Atl. names..But just get lined up..And quit being so damn predicable..   

14 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Well....Ive been on board for an OC since we hired Hue......they need one desperately.....

Ditto... it's a win win.

Hue can still participate in the game planning, but can spend Sundays as the HC while his OC calls the plays. Given his time in the league he has to know someone that is compatible scheme and personality-wise.

I'm pretty sure people on this board have spoken about this guy, but if you have 20 minutes, you're going to want this video in your life.  I found this on Youtube and I was laughing pretty hard, which I needed after the Ravens game.  It's a little dull until about the 6 minute mark, and then he picks up steam, LOL.  

Not adding any OC anytime soon.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/20/payday-browns-crowell-wants-ball-more-contract-extension/105817058/

From the article:  Jackson is 1-17 in his two seasons, leading some fans to feel he should give up his duties as offensive coordinator. "I don't think that is the case at all," he said. "Our situation is I know where we are. ... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I think we will get there."

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/09/5_reasons_hue_jackson_is_pulli.html  2 games in. 4 games with a chance? Hue's Ice Cream truck starts his Route this Sunday..Ching..Ching..Take 5 with sprinkles to start with..(ugh :wacko:.for some dumb reason page may not fully load? may want to load yourself off site cause #1 reason is why Huejax is not looking for a OC for answers? Blaming Mary Tyler Cabot is far to easy on this one)  

If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

Try and stop it.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

Try and stop it.

So much heresy. How can we win this year's draft playoff if we score in the redzone?

41 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Try and stop it.

Great players make the position coach look good.. it sure helped during Hue's time at Cincy that Chad Johnson was a starting AFC All-Pro WR.  Houshlakdyt;ai5yh was a complement but nothing more than above average [Yes, he'd be above Britt, but is that a bar to step over or a crack in the sidewalk..]

Archived