THE BROWNS BOARD

Sincere Apology

jiggins7919

Well everyone, I wanted to humbly apologize for my behavior in the Ravens game thread, and that's not the fan I want to be now or ever.  The entire game unfolded EXACTLY as I predicted the entire damn week, yet here I am like a petulant little child during the game spouting off like an immature brat.  That's unacceptable and I'm sorry.  Anybody that reads my posts know that I TRY to be optimistic and insightful, if not redundant and long-winded.  Something happened during the game that just made me "snap", and it's no excuse, but that's what happened.  All of the losing seasons, all of people making fun of me, all of the ridiculous losses and things you just can't make up...somehow came together and made me temporarily insane.  

I watch every game, every year, and have done so for quite some time now, despite living in Florida since I was 4.  I've spent untold thousands flying to games, driving to others, and of course the money needed to purchase the damn Sunday Ticket and watching at bars.  All week long I told anybody who would listen that the Ravens game would be an unmitigated disaster.  I think I predicted 27-13 Ravens, with Kizer throwing 2 picks and fumbling once.  I was pretty close.  Yet despite knowing this information in my heart, I still went ballistic.  Say what you will about Andy Dalton, but the guy has a shit load of wins in the NFL, and you don't get those by accident.  Everyone saw what the Ravens did to HIM, so why in the world would it be ANY different with a rookie?

I think what completely crushed me is despite all of the turnovers, WE ACTUALLY HAD A CHANCE THAT GAME.  I mean, think about it.  What happens if Kevin Hogan just takes the sack instead of throwing that absurd pick?  Christ, the game is 14-7 going into half, right?  

When we made the decision to start a rookie QB with a history of not being so accurate, we HAD TO KNOW it would be like this, yet for some reason, that doesn't make it any easier.  I'm not sure I have the required patience needed to make it through another season like this, and while it's only been two games against stiff competition, there are still things I need to see on a weekly basis.  I need to see people catching the ball.  I need to see touchdowns in the red zone.  I MUST see better clock management and play-calling.  I MUST see a team that doesn't turn it over ALL of the time.  

My biggest concern is that Kizer doesn't have what it takes.  At this point, I consider him to be "our QB of the future", and I really think he can be the guy we've needed for 20 years.  I remind myself that Peyton Manning had a hundred INT's his rookie year, and I remember he said he learned the most about football when he was down 30 points as a rookie.  Kizer faced two VERY tough teams that are both 2-0, and he finally gets an easier match up this week.  Of course, he won't have Corey Coleman who broke his hand again, but hey, what else is new?  Even though it's only week 3, it's safe to say that Kizer needs a better game or things will start to come apart.  Hue Jackson can only say "We'll learn from this" so many weeks in a row before shit turns ugly inside the locker room.  I still believe in Kizer, and I fully believe he and our team will have a better performance come next weekend.  In fact, I'm close to predicting a Browns victory, but I want to study the Colts a bit more.  

So in typical Jiggins fashion, I made a very long post with a very short message, and that's to say, "I'm sorry".  Being a childish asshole isn't my style, and it won't happen again.  We're going to look better this week against the Colts, and it wouldn't surprise me if the running game busted loose, and Kizer has the kind of day where he only throws about 18 times.  My unofficial score is 17-13, Browns, with Kizer going 9-18 for 140 yards, with 1 pick and 1 TD.  

If there's anything remotely "good" about Coleman getting hurt, it's that we'll have no choice BUT to keep Josh Gordon if/when he gets reinstated, LOL.  Our WR's are pretty bad, so it'd be insane to cut/trade the guy.  Regardless of how many times we've tried with him, right?  LOL  

If that ain't some silver lining bull crap, I don't know what is.  

I wasn't bothered so much by Kizer's play---he's a rookie and he looked like one.

What makes me scream at the tv is the dropped passes. Lord, the drops. Can anyone on this team catch the fucking ball?!? It's tough enough for a rookie quarterback but when you throw in no running game and receivers who constantly drop the ball, it's damn near impossible to be successful.

Second---stupid penalties. I'm talking about shooting ourselves in the foot before the ball is ever snapped. Making manageable situations (3rd and 3) tough or tough situations (3rd and 8, illegal motion, now it's 3rd and 13) damn near impossible to overcome. Still. After years upon years, with a revolving door of coaches and we still can't get the play off on time or without someone jumping before the snap.

Say what you will about Ghoolie, but he is right---our receivers are shit.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Costly game 2.

Browns lost

Collins- concussion

Kizer - Pussy!!

Coleman - hand

Jiggins -  game thread rant.

Fixed!

Say what you will about xxxxxxx, but he is right---our receivers are shit.

really? how about Higgins, finally getting his big chance? you think he stunk up the joint? wr's didn't have much of a day vs the ratbird secondary last week either. the ratbird defense was dominant all preseason. Right now, I'm

unhappy with Britt - he's worse than Gregg LIttle. Little would BLOCK.

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Say what you will about xxxxxxx, but he is right---our receivers are shit.

really? how about Higgins, finally getting his big chance? you think he stunk up the joint? wr's didn't have much of a day vs the ratbird secondary last week either. the ratbird defense was dominant all preseason. Right now, I'm

unhappy with Britt - he's worse than Gregg LIttle. Little would BLOCK.

Britt looks like the lost puppy someone brought home who shits on the laundry after he tears it up. Then he just grins and says, "Don't you just love puppies!"

Total Yards

• CLE 386
  • 337 BAL
Rushing 93 136
Rushing Attempts 21 32
Yards per rush 4.4 4.3

The Browns had 300 yards catching passes, the ratbirds only had 217. The ratbird top receiver was Ben Watson.

He was 8 receptions for 91 yards. Higgins was 7 for 95. 95 > 91.

jiggins, don't worry about it. We're all frustrated as hell.

The Ratbirds got a gift victory, no doubt about it. The big tease is the Browns moved the football fairly well and imploded themselves. The Ratbird D is improved, but hey, I think they lose that game yesterday to 60% of the NFL.

Regarding the running game, I have to agree we should have ran more. Dayes should have been involved more as well, he's a pretty shifty back. Crowell hasn't really gotten it going, but 14 carries isn't enough anyway.

Colts are on deck, and it appears to be an even game on paper. Will the Browns keep shooting themselves in the foot? Will they use the astroturf to their advantage and get Duke and Dayes more involved? Njoku too...guy's got speed, his hands are questionable.

Wasn't in the thread during the game, so no apple-a-gee required here either.

That said... yours wasn't a very good one. Good ones don't include a continuation of the offending comments offered as a rationale for the offense...

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I had a buddy had migraine problems that put him out of commission for days.

Did it all start with Man-stril Cramps?

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

So in typical Jiggins fashion, I made a very long post with a very short message, and that's to say, "I'm sorry".   

Jigs I L'dMAO :lol:..Remembering a Mud post about a pack of smokes & a pot of Coffee to read some post..Rule 1.It's a game trend, quick post & on to next play.#2.we all watch the next play, not read Tavern...#3. Be on the look out for the same 10 word & under Play card/Tavern Card I sent Hue/Jiggs.:o.Get the play off on time Jiggins..we will throw yellow emoji flag's next Game & no you cannot never throw challenge flags in a tavern;)     

On 9/18/2017 at 8:14 AM, boo fagley said:

Costly game 2.

Browns lost

Collins- concussion

Kizer - migraine

Coleman - hand

Jiggins -  game thread rant.

Game 1 basically lost on a recovered ball in the end zone, game two again turnovers.

And it's only game two.....only 14 freakin games to go. :wub:

37 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Are you home yet?

Its going to get better one way or the other.

Oh yeah they finally after 65 days cut me loose on 8/30, nice I'm watching the Indians in LAA right now. 

On 9/18/2017 at 8:33 AM, Dste Ace said:

I wasn't bothered so much by Kizer's play---he's a rookie and he looked like one.

What makes me scream at the tv is the dropped passes. Lord, the drops. Can anyone on this team catch the fucking ball?!? It's tough enough for a rookie quarterback but when you throw in no running game and receivers who constantly drop the ball, it's damn near impossible to be successful.

Second---stupid penalties. I'm talking about shooting ourselves in the foot before the ball is ever snapped. Making manageable situations (3rd and 3) tough or tough situations (3rd and 8, illegal motion, now it's 3rd and 13) damn near impossible to overcome. Still. After years upon years, with a revolving door of coaches and we still can't get the play off on time or without someone jumping before the snap.

Say what you will about Ghoolie, but he is right---our receivers are shit.

Thanks for the props, but if I am going to take kudos, let's at least set the stage for the rest of the "Ghoolie Told Us" posts that will be following in the coming weeks.

1) I called for Hue to be fired after the first 2016 preseason game, and now you see rumblings of dissent. How did I know Hue would never be a success? SIMPLE...While it takes time to build a team, it only takes one training camp for a team to show vast improvement in reduced penalties. We have seen no change O or D. So let's remember, Ghoolie called this before anyone.

2) I said repeatedly that adding fatass OL would make no difference, and it hasn't. And it won't. Neverdoes. Why? 5 men cannot block 8. Without a great QB, RBs, TEs and WRs, the defense has the advantage. With shit skilled players, the OL is helpless. The D won't bite on play fakes, and are much more likely to camp out in the box. his wears down the OL, discourages the entire O, and causes the defense to play too many downs, thereby getting tired, and experiencing injuries.

3) I didn't just say that Kizer was Black Tarkenton, a run-first QB who would never amount to shit in the NFL. I ALSO guaranteed that Hue is going to be sweating his nutsack off and in the middle of a QB controversy. Hogan is the best, quickest release of the turds we have. but he is not a guy that the team can be built around. Building, right? That's what we are doing? Kizer holds the fucking ball too long and he is cockeyed. He is going to get hurt. Be reasonable and think about it. He is taylor made for a big, nasty hit. I hope it is a concussion and not a season ending leg injury, but just watch, the kid is going to get fucked up.

4) Greg Williams is a coffee fetcher. I told you he would make no difference and his D would be no better than Horton's Without skilled players to score, motivate the team AND rest the D, the 2017 D will be perhaps worse than last years.

5) Garrett is a Zumba Instructor.Nothing more. Soft, fragile, weak and dumb. BUST,

Finally, the Colts will win Sunday with a 4th QTR overtaking. Their QB is better than ours, their D is better, and they have better skilled players. Gore will put on a clinic.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah they finally after 65 days cut me loose on 8/30, nice I'm watching the Indians in LAA right now. 

Good game until ump missed three strikes to one batter Shaw faced.

But all's well that ends well...

Archived