THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Future Predictions

stillmotion

When do you think the moneyball "plan" will start working?

When will the Cleveland Browns clinch the playoffs?

2-3 years in the future from now?

4-5 years from now?

After Big Ben and Flacco retire?

The Bengals look to be trending down, and at this point the Browns can get better.

Do you guys think we'll definitely find our franchise QB in the next 4-5 years? I think it'll be the key to success.

We definitely need to have another draft and get players with a lot of heart like the young Joe Haden and T.J. Ward.

It doesn't seem to be the line that's the issue, but playmakers. Every once and a great while you can find a diamond in the rough, but we need to take as many playmakers as we can the next couple years.

They were not going to pay a 3rd corner $12 million dollars

thats   Money ball

Zeitler was the best O-linemen available 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Then I suggest you read the book again, moneyball is just a term tossed around now, it's lost it's original meaning 

What's the original meaning 

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

What's the original meaning 

Huh? Undervalued players vs return I thought, not sure it applies to NFL anyway tbh. But what they paid Zetiler and Britt certainly weren't "moneyball" decisions, they were just paying who they think are good players, good money.

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Huh? Undervalued players vs return I thought, not sure it applies to NFL anyway tbh. But what they paid Zetiler and Britt certainly weren't "moneyball" decisions, they were just paying who they think are good players, good money.

Well if they thought Britt was a good player.  They need their heads examined

And I thought money ball was to not pay old players money when they aren't worth it. And that was Haden 3 years ago

7 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Well if they thought Britt was a good player.  They need their heads examined

And I thought money ball was to not pay old players money when they aren't worth it. And that was Haden 3 years ago

Open to interpretation now I guess, for me the original meaning was what I mentioned above from when I read the book

Moneyball is a term describing baseball operations in which a team endeavors to analyze the market for players and buy what is undervalued and sell what is overvalued. Unlike a common misconception, it is not about OBP, but whatever is undervalued at that time. It is most commonly used to refer to the strategy used by the front office of the Oakland Athletics. It derives its name from a Michael Lewis book of the same name.

So it applies to Haden for sure. He was overvalued and they "sold" him. 

Too bad they didn't see it 3 years ago like the fans all did 

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

When do you think the moneyball "plan" will start working?

When will the Cleveland Browns clinch the playoffs?

2-3 years in the future from now?

4-5 years from now?

After Big Ben and Flacco retire?

The Bengals look to be trending down, and at this point the Browns can get better.

Do you guys think we'll definitely find our franchise QB in the next 4-5 years? I think it'll be the key to success.

We definitely need to have another draft and get players with a lot of heart like the young Joe Haden and T.J. Ward.

It doesn't seem to be the line that's the issue, but playmakers. Every once and a great while you can find a diamond in the rough, but we need to take as many playmakers as we can the next couple years.

Define "working." It's already working. 

End of 2018 regular season. 

Yes, we'll find out QB. At minimum we'll have a Dalton/Alex Smith type on our hands. 

We're so accustomed to losing its sick.

Yeah, I'm pissed that they threw away a very winnable game yesterday.

Let's  see if they can clean up the penalties and play smart football the next 14 games. IF that is done, then there's true hope for the future. IF not, the damn thing could get blown up again.

Frustrating as hell but not the end of the world yet. They need a win this week real real bad or the wheels may fly off.

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

Our team is improving. And yes our record will improve. Sorry it hasn't shone through yet while playing against two of our toughest opponents. 

War don't you know we're supposed to roll over and play dead at the first whiff of difficulty?:ph34r:

Archived