THE BROWNS BOARD

Next four games

LondonBrown

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 5:19 PM, stillmotion said:

Even if we lost all four Hue is going to stay.

I see us beating the Jets and Texans, But Colts could be hard if luck is back.

Even if Hue went 0-16 Jimmy would keep him because at this point we're trying to "build" the team. We can't afford to get a new head coach and rebuild again at the point when we finally start playing lights out.

i think we are 1-22 in the last 23 regular season games. i think we lost the last 5 with pettine and rest with baby huey..Has anyone ever been that bad?..yikes...i don't think we beat the colts only because it is a road game...we stink on the road. we set another shameful nfl record with consecutive loses on the road...we ain't beating houston...the only beating i see in that game is our qb taking one..watt might put him in the hospital...jets i think we could win that...we ain't beating the bengals either. No matter how bad they are, they still have dalton and green and one fucking hell of a defense. they will be 0-3 when we play them...if they lose, lewis will probably be gone...go browns, to the cfl...please

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 10:56 AM, The Gipper said:

Reid failed in Philly?  Didn't he take that team to like 4 NFC conf. title games?

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 7:47 PM, boo fagley said:

OK

Belichick failed in Cleveland

Reid failed in Philadelphia

Carrol failed in NE and in NYJ

Jack Del Rio failed in Jacksonville

Coughlin failed in Jacksonville

i'd take any one of them right now except maybe coughlin....he's retired now but would have taken him during his earlier yrs...he was pretty bad toward the end there...

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM, boo fagley said:

Yes, the talent that he had produced little to nothing. The Eagles were one of the top drafting teams in the NFL.

When Ried finally did get over the hump and make it to a Super Bowl. His QB was huddling up with 46 seconds remaining down by a FG to tie. It took the Eagles 23 seconds to run the next play. Terrible clock management and coaching. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200502060nwe.htm#all_pbp

you'd be cumming in your pants if the fucking shitstain clowns even got to that point....moron...

19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If we could get #1 without losing the team that would be incredible. 

On 9/17/2017 at 5:00 PM, LondonBrown said:

Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans

How many will we win? They're all winnable.

Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

Ok, first things first:  Hue isn't going anywhere if we lose all four games, and I don't think that's the right move anyways.  Will things be getting a little uncomfortable for him?  Yeah, probably.  After all, we're not playing real powerhouses here, and it's about time we win a few games.  

I'm really not sure we're going to win this game Sunday, and as bad as the Colts have been playing, it's still a home game for them, and people need to remember just how difficult it is to win on the road.  NFL road games are notoriously hard, and it just seems like the ball doesn't bounce your way, you don't get the calls, and things don't work out.  The Colts aren't good by any means, but I have news for the world:  Neither are the Browns.  In fact, we're a LONG way from EVER being in the position of having "a sure win".  I mean, there's a chance Kizer comes out in "buttfuck mode", and throws it to the wrong team three times.  You have to figure his confidence is shaken, and he doesn't have his favorite receiver anymore.  

The perfect scenario would be for us to win this weekend, and also establish an identity.  The identity we really WANT to have is running the ball, keeping the 3rd downs to manageable, and playing kick-ass defense.  We could very well use that formula this weekend, and it can carry over for the other three games.  What Hue has to change is this "vertical passing game" nonsense, and figure out a way to get the ball out of Kizer's hands quicker.  Incorporate some bootlegs, some more draws, moving the pocket, and perhaps even some more read-option.  We're going to have a few opportunities with Njoku down the seam...I feel it.  I hope Kizer hits the throws, because I really feel like we'll get some decent chances for big plays.  

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ok, first things first:  Hue isn't going anywhere if we lose all four games, and I don't think that's the right move anyways.  Will things be getting a little uncomfortable for him?  Yeah, probably.  After all, we're not playing real powerhouses here, and it's about time we win a few games.  

I'm really not sure we're going to win this game Sunday, and as bad as the Colts have been playing, it's still a home game for them, and people need to remember just how difficult it is to win on the road.  NFL road games are notoriously hard, and it just seems like the ball doesn't bounce your way, you don't get the calls, and things don't work out.  The Colts aren't good by any means, but I have news for the world:  Neither are the Browns.  In fact, we're a LONG way from EVER being in the position of having "a sure win".  I mean, there's a chance Kizer comes out in "buttfuck mode", and throws it to the wrong team three times.  You have to figure his confidence is shaken, and he doesn't have his favorite receiver anymore.  

The perfect scenario would be for us to win this weekend, and also establish an identity.  The identity we really WANT to have is running the ball, keeping the 3rd downs to manageable, and playing kick-ass defense.  We could very well use that formula this weekend, and it can carry over for the other three games.  What Hue has to change is this "vertical passing game" nonsense, and figure out a way to get the ball out of Kizer's hands quicker.  Incorporate some bootlegs, some more draws, moving the pocket, and perhaps even some more read-option.  We're going to have a few opportunities with Njoku down the seam...I feel it.  I hope Kizer hits the throws, because I really feel like we'll get some decent chances for big plays.  

The Browns should use 2 TE sets, a fullback and play boring, 1985 Browns football. Pound the ball, use play-action to go downfield and play for 17-14 games.

The Browns offensive strength SHOULD be its OLine, then play to it and do what every OLine loves to do... get nasty and blow people off the LOS. Enough with throwing the ball all over the field.

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

If we do what you expect, things are way worse than expected?

Yeah, I know it sounds weird....but it is what it is....

Id say the "expectation" for this season has been 5-6 wins.....pretty much the consensus.....and, if we end up at 1-5(or worse) after these 4 games......then we are doing worse than expected....simple....

And I expect us to only win one....tops....

I never could get around to making a Browns prediction, and it looks like I was justified.  The sad thing is, it's a game we SHOULD'VE won, and you won't hear me say THAT very often.  Once again, we didn't force FG's, and once again, that's the difference in the games.  You can point to the turnovers, and you'd be somewhat right, but giving up TD's and not FG's is what killed us, and Gregg Williams said the same thing.  

We could go into the drops by our WR's, and that would be another solid factor, but there's no need.  We basically lost this game because it was a road game, and we saw what happens when you play on the road.  You're NOT going to get the calls, things WON'T go your way, and you're going to get a team's best effort (usually).  Winning on the road is difficult, just ask the Steelers.  It's the single biggest reason I couldn't make a Browns prediction in good faith.  The sad thing is, there's a good chance we don't score 28 points THE REST OF THE SEASON.  

At this early point in the week, I can't make a Browns prediction for Cincy game either.  Why?  Because they're winless.  They aren't USED to being winless, but they ARE used to beating us.  They're probably looking at this game as the point where they get "back on track".  Oh, and they get Vontaze Burfict back, naturally.  Do we "need" to win this game?  Yep.  Can I CHOOSE us to win?  Nope.  At least not yet.  I can see Andy Dalton lighting our asses up, and I can see Kizer throwing three more picks, and probably losing a fumble.  He's not throwing the ball away like he should, and he's still holding onto the ball WAY too long. 

There's a very good chance I don't predict us to win a game this season...that's how bad we are.  I expected Kizer to struggle with throwing INT's, but what concerns me is the lack of accuracy on some of his INT's.  That's not usually something QB's "learn".  

On 17/09/2017 at 10:00 PM, LondonBrown said:

Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans

How many will we win? They're all winnable.

Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

0-2 and counting 😔

Archived