THE BROWNS BOARD

Next four games

LondonBrown

22 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans

How many will we win? They're all winnable.

Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

All four are winnable if the self-inflicted wounds are kept to a minimum, but after that the schedule is brutal. However, I think that one more win after mid-season is possible if they gain some momentum and confidence with a string of wins. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Rex took the Jets to consecutive AFC Championship games. Went into Foxboro, Mass in the post season and took down the Patriots.

Rex never had a good QB in NY or Buffalo.

Rex took an ascending team in NY, road it to a crest then put it into a nosedive bouncing once before then piloting it straight into the ground.

He took an ascending team in Buffalo and immediately turned it around. No QB? Odd in that case that the Buffalo brass did not give him more time. Unless you take into account that he's a self-promoting asshole of a head coaching cancer... just like his daddy.

Can he coach D? Yup... just like his daddy. Two great examples of the Peter Principle...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't think of anyone that would be a worse match with the youngest team in the NFL than Jon Gruden. Dude hated young players.

Yeah but they're GRINDERS, man! I love it, man! Spider 2, Y-banana, man!!!

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

OK

Belichick failed in Cleveland

Reid failed in Philadelphia

Carrol failed in NE and in NYJ

Jack Del Rio failed in Jacksonville

Coughlin failed in Jacksonville

Reid failed in Philly?  Didn't he take that team to like 4 NFC conf. title games?

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Browns149 said:

If he keeps going this way.  We will go 2-14. And he will get fired. 

Anyone who thinks he's safe, no matter what, is diluted. No coach can be that bad and keep his job

I agree, It's not like Haslam has shown a great deal of patience in the past.

Just now, boo fagley said:

Yes, the talent that he had produced little to nothing. The Eagles were one of the top drafting teams in the NFL.

When Ried finally did get over the hump and make it to a Super Bowl. His QB was huddling up with 46 seconds remaining down by a FG to tie. It took the Eagles 23 seconds to run the next play. Terrible clock management and coaching. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200502060nwe.htm#all_pbp

Well, then you're an idiot.

Just now, boo fagley said:

Well, youve been an idiot long enough to know.

Well, I have dealt with idiots long enough to know anyway.

How about this:  take a poll.....see how many people agree with you that Andy Reid's tenure as HC in Philly was a failure.

By your way of thinking, Marty Schottenheimer's coaching career is a failure. Dan Reeves, Chuck Knox, Marv Levy, Bud Grant, George Allen etc. etc. etc. must have all also been failures as head coaches.

This is what being a spoiled chowderhead gets you.  Just because BB has been successful, you think anyone that has not measured up to that is a failure.

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

Take a poll. I dont care. Reid was asked to pack his bags. Thats not success. Every team is spending millions to bring a Lombardi home and not just have a nice season. In this regard Ghoolie is correct. Pittsburgh excepts no less than a world championship every season. Great teams like the Celtics, Yankees and Canadians were the exact same way.

Tom Landry then was not succesful.  Jimmy Johnson in Dallas was not successful.  Don Shula was not successful in Miami or Baltimore since they were all asked to pack their bags and leave the team. 

28 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

They always say hang around with dogs and get fleas.

Your customers have rubbed off on you.

Take a poll. I dont care. Reid was asked to pack his bags. Thats not success. Every team is spending millions to bring a Lombardi home and not just have a nice season. In this regard Ghoolie is correct. Pittsburgh excepts no less than a world championship every season. Great teams like the Celtics, Yankees and Canadians were the exact same way.

Paul Brown was asked to pack his bags.  Tom Landry was asked to pack his bags. Bill Belichick was asked to pack his bags.  Lots of successful coaches were asked to pack their bags.  Only a dumbass would say that you have to have won multiple titles, plus be allowed to retire gracefully to be a successful coach.  If that is the case....then there have been only the number of successful coaches in the history of the NFL that you can count on one hand.

18 hours ago, boo fagley said:
  1. Belichick failed in Cleveland
  2. Reid failed in Philadelphia
  3. Carrol failed in NE and in NYJ
  4. Jack Del Rio failed in Jacksonville
  5. Coughlin failed in Jacksonville

First, hard to see what your "success" criteria is.

1. No... his methodical rebuild was paying off when it was undone by his owner.
  2. No... failures don't keep their job for over a decade.
  3. Yes, spectacularly with the Jets. Modestly with the Pats.
  4. Yes... very erratic record
  5. No... tied for fastest to take an expansion team to the Playoffs.
17 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Debatable...

If it wasn't, then we wouldn't be debating.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

First, hard to see what your "success" criteria is.

1. No... his methodical rebuild was paying off when it was undone by his owner.
  2. No... failures don't keep their job for over a decade.
  3. Yes, spectacularly with the Jets. Modestly with the Pats.
  4. Yes... very erratic record
  5. No... tied for fastest to take an expansion team to the Playoffs.

If it wasn't, then we wouldn't be debating.

The Jaguars franchise started in 1995.  They made the AFC title game in 1996 and again in 1999 under Coughlin.  They made the playoffs every year in between...97 and 98.  

Such a failure that Coughlin was....not even counting the 2 Super Bowls he won with the Giants.

20 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

No, moron you miss the whole point.

Its not that a successful championship head coach was asked to leave. 

No....YOU missed the whole fucking point.  A HC does not have to have won a championship to be considered successful.  It helps, but it is not mandatory.  To think it is mandatory is what we refer to in this country as:  moronic.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

They won championships. So, no.

Winning championships shouldn't be the all inclusive metric when calling a HC "successful".

With that mindset, guys like George Siefert and Barry Switzer just joined your club.

No need on poll or debating Andy "Ho-Ho" Reid(at least yet)..They just lost Mitch Morse as there starting Center & if Andy thinks Cam-smella Erving fits anywhere on that OL? Andy is a complete Buffoon..   

On 9/17/2017 at 6:00 PM, Browns149 said:

They spent all that money on O-line and they run 14 running plays for our rbs.  You can't win in the NFL doing that. Especially with a rookie QB. Run the ball Hue

A. You have a rookie qb with no star dynamic wr's

B. You don't have a star big, fast rb.

C. Therefore, good defenses are loading up vs the run and trying to put  pressure on Kizer on third and long.

D. Running again and again a lot, when they are doing that, and do not respect the intermediate/long passing game     just plays into the defense's hands.

E. Solutions - establish a balanced attack, and do what Bernie Kosar loved to do with the first offensive play of the game-    throw way downfield and scare the living daylights out of them that you mean business and they can't just sit there     and have you be conservative so they can shut down your running game first.

F. Just my farqing opinion, but when the hc calls a first down run often, to hopefully gain good yards and take the pressure  of your qb... and the defense is selling out to shut down the run and put pressure on your qb... what we have is a failure to understand the concept "stalemate". That ends up in third and long passing situations too often.

G. Therefore, I propose the first offensive play - throw long to Higgins, Louis or Devalve and let them know we mean business      NOT as usual.

http://wdtn.com/2014/11/05/browns-bengals-play-biggest-ohio-game-since-1986/

" CINCINNATI (AP) — The Browns and Bengals were playing for first place late in the 1986 season. Bernie Kosar set the tone on the first play, throwing a long completion to Reggie Langhorne at Riverfront Stadium. "

9 hours ago, boo fagley said:

1 Eh, the drafts were nothing special. He did a poor job handling the media and Belichick will tell you that.

2 Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak lasted 7 seasons.

3 Carrol took over a NE Super Bowl team after Parcells. Ran a country club playing pick up basketball with the players. No respect.

4 I would say he has learned a thing or two.

5 .Im sure that trophy is right next to his Lombardis.

Are you incapable of sticking to an argument you make or addressing one someone else makes? You discard them like a snake sheds skin...

13 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I missed nothing.

In your world winning a championship is not required for success. Success in your definition is different than my definition of success. Marv Levy and Bill Walsh are not the same to me, but they most definitely are to you. 

I didn't say they were the same......but I would say they were both "successful" NFL Head Coaches.  Certainly there are increments of success.

I tell you what Im going to do. Let you win before this spirals out of control with the name calling and so forth. Im not someone who puts up with anyone's shit and that includes you. Its a shame too. Things were going so well and we were making progress. I was planning to buy you a beer in Houston and now you have resorted to your old self. Cant teach an old dog new tricks.

I am not sure "Let" is the right verb"...but I will take your beer.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:32 PM, Browns149 said:

Nick Saban. 

A little late to the party but- Just no, and here's why. He has lifetime job security at Alabama, makes $4 million more then Belichick (highest paid NFL coach) and he's 65 years old. Zero reason to give up the college gig. 

On 9/18/2017 at 7:58 AM, boo fagley said:

I think that he would threaten Sashi's job for total control.

That too....   

Archived