THE BROWNS BOARD

Next four games

LondonBrown

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we lost all four Hue is going to stay.

I see us beating the Jets and Texans, But Colts could be hard if luck is back.

Even if Hue went 0-16 Jimmy would keep him because at this point we're trying to "build" the team. We can't afford to get a new head coach and rebuild again at the point when we finally start playing lights out.

Just now, Browns149 said:

I think Hue is safe for the year. But if they lose all 4 and play like today. I wouldn't be too upset if he's gone. 

Not trying to defend him, but does he necessarily have a ton of talent to work with? The defense seems better, but what the heck do we have on offense? Kenny Britt? A Rookie QB? we can't run and defenses dare us to pass. Hue seems to be suffering from the same thing Pettine did. Lack of playmakers. It's sad at times I miss Brian f#$%ing Hoyer.

Anyways Hue can only work with the players the FO provides.

Just now, stillmotion said:

Not trying to defend him, but does he necessarily have a ton of talent to work with? The defense seems better, but what the heck do we have on offense? Kenny Britt? A Rookie QB? we can't run and defenses dare us to pass. Hue seems to be suffering from the same thing Pettine did. Lack of playmakers. It's sad at times I miss Brian f#$%ing Hoyer.

Hoyer sucks too.   Nice guy...career back up.  Like McCoy and Hogan

10 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I could argue that Hoyer gave us more than any QB of the past five years. Say he sucked all you want but the kid had heart.

sure he has heart...so does Colt McCoy.   Hell...Manzidiot had heart when he played.    Heart unfortunately can't make up for a lack of talent.

30 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

They spent all that money on O-line and they run 14 running plays for our rbs.  You can't win in the NFL doing that. Especially with a rookie QB. Run the ball Hue

The first 2 games it does look like we're improved, but the #1 thing we never seem to overcome is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Throwing 3 horrible picks, false starts, not getting the play to the huddle fast enough, running a QB keeper on 1st and goal with a QB that has a migraine, ...DAMNIT, just quit being STUPID.

So how many games of the next 4 can we win? I DON"T KNOW

There aren't going to be any 'easy' games for us.  

We went 4-0 in the preseason and we had guys, including the Ghoul, saying that THIS team seemed different, better, etc.  Well, the team IS better...but once the pizza makers leave the teams at the end of preseason and the starters take the field, all bets are off (and so are the gloves).  I commened that the preseason doesn't mean much...and was shunned for it (by some).  

We have the youngest team in the league.  They are going to have to LEARN as they go...and some are going to have to be replaced as we go forward.  

I don't think that any of us predicted that we would win either of these first two games of the season.  

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

The first 2 games it does look like we're improved, but the #1 thing we never seem to overcome is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Throwing 3 horrible picks, false starts, not getting the play to the huddle fast enough, running a QB keeper on 1st and goal with a QB that has a migraine, ...DAMNIT, just quit being STUPID.

So how many games of the next 4 can we win? I DON"T KNOW

It seems the talent might have improved. But the coaching and execution on the offense has not.

They have done the same stupid play calling and the same stupid penalties since Hue got here 

10 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

They have done the same stupid play calling and the same stupid penalties since Hue got here 

Have to agree, Hue needs to suck it and get help on the offensive side or he will hang himself

I hope we dont shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties on second and short.

I hope we have better play calling that doesnt always look so goddamn desperate.  First down...run... 2nd down holding/false start etc... 3rd and long....  50 yard bomb out of bounds.

Id rather play dink and dunk ball if it was in control

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Have to agree, Hue needs to suck it and get help on the offensive side or he will hang himself

He needs to RUN THE BALL. We have an expensive, veteran line and a rookie QB. 

But we run the Rbs 14 times and throw 42 passes with a rookie and a 2nd stringer/practice squad QB. 

That's HORRIBLE coaching. 

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

He needs to RUN THE BALL. We have an expensive, veteran line and a rookie QB. 

But we run the Rbs 14 times and throw 42 passes with a rookie and a 2nd stringer/practice squad QB. 

That's HORRIBLE coaching. 

I agree and I'm sure Hue the OC would too but Hue the HC seems a bit lost. For obvious reasons he's loathe to give up the play calling but he's going to hang himself if he doesn't get some help, he's trying to do too much.

9 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I agree and I'm sure Hue the OC would too but Hue the HC seems a bit lost. For obvious reasons he's loathe to give up the play calling but he's going to hang himself if he doesn't get some help, he's trying to do too much.

If he keeps going this way.  We will go 2-14. And he will get fired. 

Anyone who thinks he's safe, no matter what, is diluted. No coach can be that bad and keep his job

12 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Assuming Hue doesnt make it, who is available to be HC?

Sashi likely picks him.

Nick Saban. 

10 hours ago, Browns149 said:

It seems the talent might have improved. But the coaching and execution on the offense has not.

This all day^^..2 Delay of game,2 holds on Coleman(1 declined) & a false start to boot on Coleman. Along with Coats False start & A Ill.Formation on Devalve..Did look like Hue did try to expand playbook with Kizer, with far to long card verb-age for both ends to repeat.. than came my nightmare, For-mate it on the LOS another 10 seconds...3 sacks. Not one time was Dayes in game & not one damn time was a RB/FB ever put in pocket to Protect anywhere. On 40 something passes your not helping any young QB back there. But your showing your OL is still beatable. But hey, a 67 yard Punt,Duke came to play along with a long awaited Higgins site-ing..Coats & Williams will still seem lost in Saunders system, just like our other WR's for a while. But that's on the league's new final cut down system imo.(any other final cut-down WR's really doing anything?) .The wind came out of my sails yesterday.Not sure what Hue thinks of Zampese as OC? He may-not be still around after week 9 either? But Hue's offense looked unprepared as..to week 1.The Colts at home 0-2 will play like it's a playoff game..         

14 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If he keeps going this way.  We will go 2-14. And he will get fired. 

Anyone who thinks he's safe, no matter what, is diluted. No coach can be that bad and keep his job

Diluted? You mean like a drug sample. You mean like the beer the sell you at the stadium?    (or...did you mean deluded?...or better yet, delusional) :rolleyes:

Gruden? GTFO...

20 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans - How many will we win? They're all winnable.

Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

I can see 2-2... if I squint really hard.

0-4 would drive the noise level to record levels, but I doubt we see a HC change.

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Dont laugh but Rex Ryan.

Hard to laugh after just throwing up in your mouth.

I can take a lot of pain, but hiring that fat fuck in any capacity would end my Browns days.

Fortunately there is zero chance of that happening.

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

A lot of these HCs fail before they succeed. 

Pete Carrol

Shanahan

Coughlin

Marty was a damn good coach despite not going all the way.

Kubiak

Your point being?   What...Rex should have another chance? 

Archived