THE BROWNS BOARD

A Message from PoG

wargograw

Firstly, thanks man for the credit. I appreciate that. 

Secondly, man it's pretty obvious when Kevin Hogan enters the game we put up 10 points in a quarters worth of play. Had he played the whole game, taken starter reps all week, been supported by the F.O. and Coaching Staff- He could have put up 30-40 points today on the #1 Defense in the NFL right now. 

When the Browns want to win they'll start Hogan. Until then they're just spinning their gears. 

Haha! I admit, I'm sitting at the bar watching the game and see Hogan come in and march the team down to a TD and actually think: "Holy shit, PoG must be losing his mind!"

Then Hogan threw that dumb interception, which fit in nicely with Kizer's stupid interceptions. Ugh. What a crapfest.

That was a great pass for a TD, but you have to admit, Hogan has quite the windup before he throws. (Reminded me of Tim Couch) He needs to work on that.

Maybe, but let's be honest here, he was playing against the Ravens Defense and he completely got drilled on that pass that was intercepted. On his next series though, he continued to drive the team down for a FG. 

When he came in and scored I literally jumped out of one of my shoes! lol

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

but you have to admit, Hogan has quite the windup before he throws

Yep, a huge wind up and out flies a change up.......... I like the kid's toughness, but he is no more than Kess v1.125

I actually like the way Hogan throws the ball. It doesn't have to look the best as long as he gets the job done. Get the ball from point A to point B and move the chains. Hogan does that. 

I don't care if a guy can throw as hard as DA and break WR fingers when they try to catch the ball- if they are unable to catch the ball. 

Our offense comes alive when Hogan is in the game. Everyone said "don't rush Kizer into starting because he's going to need time to develop" and now here we are, being force fed this kid when we have a QB that is ready now. I guess we're gonna find out if headaches are contagious because he gave me one today. He should have just sat the fuck down and we might have won this game.

Just now, PoeticG said:

I actually like the way Hogan throws the ball. It doesn't have to look the best as long as he gets the job done. Get the ball from point A to point B and move the chains. Hogan does that. 

I don't care if a guy can throw as hard as DA and break WR fingers when they try to catch the ball- if they are unable to catch the ball. 

Our offense comes alive when Hogan is in the game. Everyone said "don't rush Kizer into starting because he's going to need time to develop" and now here we are, being force this kid when we have a QB that is ready now. I guess we're gonna find out if headaches are contagious because he gave me one today. He should have just sat the fuck down and we might have won this game.

Hogan deserves more of a chance. He takes the backseat to Kizer, but shows possibly more promise. PoG is right.

4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I told my brother PoG had to have popped a woody on the HOgan TD.  Guess we need to bring back T-rich now lol. In all seriousness Hogan made a couple big time throws. The offense did seem to spark with him in. 

Yes and like the Dullard he is.. Hue pulled him for his boy... Hue deserved to lose... Hue Asshole!

YAWN.....I said long ago.  HOGAN HAS THE QUICKEST RELEASE....but he is not the future.

The Browns FUCKED UP by not taking Trivial. Hue has no future prospect now.....only 2 games in.

Don t worry though....our fucking OK is fantastic

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

YAWN.....I said long ago.  HOGAN HAS THE QUICKEST RELEASE....but he is not the future.

The Browns FUCKED UP by not taking Trivial. Hue has no future prospect now.....only 2 games in.

Don t worry though....our fucking OK is fantastic

You're right about a lot of things dude, but what about Paxton (Clipboard Lynch)? Can you admit you were wrong about him?

LYNCH has not played as a starter yet. WYD are you idiots talking about Lynch for? I suppose Steve Young was a bust because he sat for so long?

I am not wrong about Lynch. Relay will play the did when he is ready to play him.

AFTER Lynch is the starter somewhere....then we can talk. 

Hogan provided a spark that made the game potentially close going into halftime, until he threw a boneheaded throw against his body that was intercepted. Hogan giveth, and Hogan taketh away.

He's got a long windup throwing motion and a mediocre arm. I question his long term upside as a starter. All this being said, if he gives the Browns a better shot at winning now, I'm all for starting him. I really didn't want Kizer starting so soon, and he's giving a textbook lesson why starting a QB so relatively inexperienced, who is so young, on a team so young, with Kenny Fucking Britt as a starting WR right off the bat is a bad idea. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

All this being said, if he gives the Browns a better shot at winning now, I'm all for starting him. 

That's a terribly short sighted view and not one any FO worth it's salt would go with surely? Especially if you think Kizer can be the one.

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

That's a terribly short sighted view and not one any FO worth it's salt would go with surely? Especially if you think Kizer can be the one.

I don't think Kizer has any business starting NFL games at QB at this time. He can't get the plays off on time. He is going to get himself killed by holding onto the ball way too long, when he isn't throwing interceptions that either: 1) Wasn't close to his target, or 2) Late in the play, against his body, to the middle of the field.

Front offices worth their salt put their players in a position to succeed. IMO, this isn't happening right now with Kizer. I'm not saying he's a bust already, not at all. I just didn't like the idea of Kizer starting so soon, and nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

I dont think Kizer is ready either and I doubt the FO does, is Hue giving him the best chance to succeed? He is barely running the football and I dont buy his defense it was because of the score either, not even running it at the goal line.

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Secondly, man it's pretty obvious when Kevin Hogan enters the game we put up 10 points in a quarters worth of play. Had he played the whole game, taken starter reps all week, been supported by the F.O. and Coaching Staff- He could have put up 30-40 points today on the #1 Defense in the NFL right now. 

When the Browns want to win they'll start Hogan. Until then they're just spinning their gears. 

I thought he looked really good. High confidence kid. 

16 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If Hogan is what you think he is, then it will still be a couple of years before things come to fruition for him.  This has happened before...see: Brian Sipe.

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If Hogan is what you think he is, then it will still be a couple of years before things come to fruition for him.  This has happened before...see: Brian Sipe.

Not to mention the fact that the Ravens didn't practice for him.  He was very lucky to get the ball down field.  I can guarantee that his luck was running out as he threw the interception.  

17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

... he completely got drilled on that pass that was intercepted.

Yup... seemed to short-arm that throw. I thought his intent was to go a level deeper into the D where the endzone replay seemed to show that there was another receiver who was single covered (Hope to see the all-22 to check this out). But in any case nothing in his other throws suggested that his field vision was anywhere near bad enough to throw that ball into a cluster of three Ravens.

As for Hogan's release... slow? He takes it back lower and further than Kizer does (likely an arm-strength compensation), but there's no loop I can see. Path looks straight back. If he takes an extra tenth or two to release, it is more than made up for by his processing speed. Clearly his ball doesn't have Kizer's zip, but not all successful QBs do.

QBs with limited gifts have to learn Quarterbacking if they are to be successful in college let alone the Pros. Whereas "gifted" QBs do not. Not sure how many times we've seen those that don't... Russell, Pryor, George... but there's long list. A gifted QB that does learn? Priceless...

Hogan is ahead of Kizer in QBing right now, but the experiment has to continue. We have to see if Kizer's QB-switch flips...

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

LYNCH has not played as a starter yet. WYD are you idiots talking about Lynch for? I suppose Steve Young was a bust because he sat for so long?

I am not wrong about Lynch. Relay will play the did when he is ready to play him.

AFTER Lynch is the starter somewhere....then we can talk. 

Hate to rain on your Paxton Parade, but he DID start two games last year. Look it up. I'll temporarily give him a pass because he's injured, but if he can't beat out Simian- it's all you need to know about his potential. 

Archived