THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Going to be getting a NEW HC and QB if this crap keeps up. Kizer again went to hell after his INT

Just to keep some of the naysayers  at bay a bit....keep this in mind. Peyton Manning's 2nd career start: 21-33/188 yards/1 td/3 int.  Keep some perspective kids...

I'm starting to wonder if I have the "fan patience" required to watch a rookie QB play this season.  It's actually worse than I thought, and I figured we'd see some awful stuff, but then we'd see the positive aspects as well.  I gotta say, I didn't see many positives at all.  Kizer's first interception looked to be the receiver's fault, but they didn't really show the angle I wanted to see.  The pass appeared to hit our guy in the hands, and in typical fashion, the ball lands directly near the most ball-hawking safety on earth.  However, the other interceptions were beyond awful.  I mean they were BAD.  The one in the end zone wasn't even close, and he had an open guy.  The receiver would've been crucified, but he was open and Kizer threw the ball five feet behind him.  I mean...really?  Kizer makes that throw and it's a one score game and anything can happen.  He makes that throw and even if we lose, the fans are thinking, "Ok, we can build on this."  

But not many people are saying that now.  I've heard many people say you can't tell much from one game, but it's going to be a LONG week of practice.  The veterans on the team are not going to put up with throws like that, and they want to WIN.  They don't want to bust their ass every play only to see our rookie QB throw it to the wrong team over and over.  

The ONLY good news I can tell you is that the schedule gets a bit easier.  Starting off with the Ravens and Steelers was a very low move by the NFL, but next week we get a subpar Colts team, and we MAY have a chance there.  I wouldn't ever say, "The Browns are going to win", mainly because we can't really run the ball and we throw it to the wrong team all of the time.  But I do think we can keep it close and have the CHANCE to win.  

We all knew that we were going to struggle this season with a young team. But with stats like this I see a positive. It's plain and simple turnovers killed us. Again that is due to a young team. I believe in the future. 

TEAM STATS

CLE   BAL
First Downs 20   24
Total Yards 386   337
Passing Yards 293   201
Rushing Yards 93   136
Penalties (Yds) 11(65)   7(45)
Turnovers 5   2
Punts (AVG) 4(48)   5(43)
Time of Pos. 26:36  

32:56

The stats are a bit misleading though.  Kevin Hogan had the majority of all the nice passes, and he's not likely to play.  Additionally, a young team won't/can't win with turnovers like that.  Our defense got two more turnovers and we did NOTHING with either of them.  I think we have three turnovers forced, and we have an amazing ZERO points from them.  Conversely, we have about 8 turnovers, and other teams have probably 30 points off them.  

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Just to keep some of the naysayers  at bay a bit....keep this in mind. Peyton Manning's 2nd career start: 21-33/188 yards/1 td/3 int.  Keep some perspective kids...

Been Kizers MO since College throws a pick then falls apart same deal with preseason. When the game is on him he cant deliver. Kizer had 4 Turnovers on him today and the scary part is it SHOULD have been more!

our best WR today was on the practice squad 48 hours ago. and did peyton manning take a break because of a migraine? cmon man.

I really dont need to beat the dead horse that is Hue Jackson Offensive playcalling and clock management terrible as usual

Just now, Browns1216 said:

i feel old, and watching this team makes me feel even older.  i've lived in different places and tried to root for the teams there but keep coming back to the Browns.  someday they'll turn it around, right?

right........................................................................................................................................................................................... 

.........................................................................................................

?????????????

Yes, some day buddy.

Now, I agree with Hue Jackson's play calling.  What the HELL was up with that designed run with Kizer from the 4?  We lost 5 yards!  Jesus we go backwards more than any team on earth.  JUST RUN IT WITH THE RUNNING BACKS.  

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yes, some day buddy.

Now, I agree with Hue Jackson's play calling.  What the HELL was up with that designed run with Kizer from the 4?  We lost 5 yards!  Jesus we go backwards more than any team on earth.  JUST RUN IT WITH THE RUNNING BACKS.  

"Running backs? Wait what..we use running backs??"-Uncle Hue:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Some of Peppers angles and tackles have not been pretty the first couple games.

I like his aggressiveness but man he looked bad tackling and positioning on at least 4 plays that TV caught.

I thought Collins played well as did Higgins and Duke.

Other than that not much else to get excited about.  I keep waiting for Shelton to be a difference maker.

22 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I like his aggressiveness but man he looked bad tackling and positioning on at least 4 plays that TV caught.

I thought Collins played well as did Higgins and Duke.

Other than that not much else to get excited about.  I keep waiting for Shelton to be a difference maker.

I completely agree about Duke. He seemed a lot quicker and more decisive  in hitting the hole. Also he can catch exhibited by that one handed awesome catch he made it. 

I just can't wait to see what Garrett brings to the table defensively when he plays.  He may cause so much chaos that it frees up our linebackers and we get a lot more quicker pressure.

Higgins played awesome for his debut. I say we keep him and get rid of Britt.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Trying to think of any runs getting ripped off inside while charting snaps that he was in on.   Something tells me 1 to his backside?      But that's about it.  

I guess I'm expecting tackles but if I'm being honest I don't know what Williams' scheme expects from him.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Do the Ravens get credit for Kizer leaving the game?

Ghoolie predicted that that they would knock him out of the game.

Nostradumbass has predicted hundreds of negative things. Sooner or later one or two happen. Nostradumbass also thought Paxton Lynch was a FQB. 

Archived