THE BROWNS BOARD

Equifax Breach of Security

OldBrownsFan

A massive cyber security incident at Equifax — one of the largest credit reporting agencies in the United States — may have exposed private information belonging to 143 million people — nearly half of the U.S. population.

The breach, which was discovered July 29, includes sensitive information such as social security numbers, birthdays, addresses, and in some instances, driver's license numbers. The agency said 209,000 credit card numbers were exposed in the breach, which includes customers in Canada and the United Kingdom.

Adding to the scandal, three of the company's top executives sold Equifax shares just days after the breach was discovered. The breach was not publicly disclosed until Thursday, more than six weeks later.

John Gamble, chief financial officer; Joseph Loughran, president of U.S. information security; and Rodolfo Ploder, president of workforce solutions solutions, all sold shares days after the company was aware of the breach, according to SEC filings. Bloomberg, which first reported this, estimated the total value of shares sold to be $1.8 million.

And we find out this:

Equifax “Chief Security Officer” Susan Mauldin has a bachelor’s degree and a master of fine arts degree in music composition from the University of Georgia. Her LinkedIn professional profile lists no education related to technology or security.

This is the person who was in charge of keeping your personal and financial data safe — and whose apparent failings have put 143 million of us at risk from identity theft and fraud. It was revealed this week that the massive data breach came due to a software vulnerability that was known about, and should have been patched, months earlier.

Some people need prison time over this. 143 million American citizens have had their confidential information breached over the incompetence at Equifax. Then we find outr Equifax executives sold stock in the company right before the breach was disclosed .How convenient. The chief security officer was a music major with no professional credits to technology or security. Criminal negligence.

143 million Americans will now be at risk for identity theft for years to come over this.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/equifax-ceo-hired-a-music-major-as-the-companys-chief-security-officer-2017-09-15

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/speed-equifax-data-breach-scandal-49771561

DO NOT. go to their website and register to find out if ur shit was compromised. Why? Cause if u do the fine print says u agree to abdicate sny and future claims in a class action. Think about how dirty that is. And they'll get away with it. It doesn't matter.

this incident is exemplary of why ive grown to hate our culture. We're nothing but slaves to money and the people who control the financial instruments we've allowed to run our lives. There will be a long drawn out theatre show for our benefit and then when people dont give a shit anymore because american attn spans compete unfavorably with the common house fly, the case will be dismissed and ms theatre major will cash out a nice golden  parachute and go teach modern interpretive lesbian dance somewhere in the hills of oregon.

fuck this place. At this point if i had children i would essentially forbid them from entering the military. This shit is what  our troops traipse all over the world for? So that this country can keep going as the mecca of financial and economic corruption in the world? This is what dudes got their arms and legs blown off for? So they can come home and have some asshole in russia steal their identity and divert their military benefits to some offshore acct? Cause that will happen guaranteed what with 143 million americand exposed. Some military people may be specifically targeted just for trolls by the chinese or rooskies, whoever blah blah blah. 

Fuck this shit. And dont go to their website whatever u do

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

A massive cyber security incident at Equifax — one of the largest credit reporting agencies in the United States — may have exposed private information belonging to 143 million people — nearly half of the U.S. population.

The breach, which was discovered July 29, includes sensitive information such as social security numbers, birthdays, addresses, and in some instances, driver's license numbers. The agency said 209,000 credit card numbers were exposed in the breach, which includes customers in Canada and the United Kingdom.

Adding to the scandal, three of the company's top executives sold Equifax shares just days after the breach was discovered. The breach was not publicly disclosed until Thursday, more than six weeks later.

John Gamble, chief financial officer; Joseph Loughran, president of U.S. information security; and Rodolfo Ploder, president of workforce solutions solutions, all sold shares days after the company was aware of the breach, according to SEC filings. Bloomberg, which first reported this, estimated the total value of shares sold to be $1.8 million.

And we find out this:

Equifax “Chief Security Officer” Susan Mauldin has a bachelor’s degree and a master of fine arts degree in music composition from the University of Georgia. Her LinkedIn professional profile lists no education related to technology or security.

This is the person who was in charge of keeping your personal and financial data safe — and whose apparent failings have put 143 million of us at risk from identity theft and fraud. It was revealed this week that the massive data breach came due to a software vulnerability that was known about, and should have been patched, months earlier.

Some people need prison time over this. 143 million American citizens have had their confidential information breached over the incompetence at Equifax. Then we find outr Equifax executives sold stock in the company right before the breach was disclosed .How convenient. The chief security officer was a music major with no professional credits to technology or security. Criminal negligence.

143 million Americans will now be at risk for identity theft for years to come over this.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/equifax-ceo-hired-a-music-major-as-the-companys-chief-security-officer-2017-09-15

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/speed-equifax-data-breach-scandal-49771561

I was notifed by OPM a few years ago of the following:  Dear DieHardBrownsFan:  As you may now, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) was the target of malicious cyber intrusion carried out against the U.S. Government, which resulted in the theft of background investigation records.  You are receiving this notification because we have determined that your Social Security Number and other personal information was included in the intrusion.  As someone whose information was also taken I share your concern and frustration and want you to know we are working hard to help those impacted by this incident.  The Federal government will provide you and your dependent minor children with comprehensive identity theft protection and monitoring services, at no cost to you.  Since you applied for a position or submitted background investigation form, the information in our records may include your name, Social Security number, address, date and place of birth, residency, educational and employment history, personal foreign travel history, information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances, and other information used to conduct and adjudicate your background investigation.  Or records also indicate your fingerprints were likely compromised during the cyber intrusion.  Federal experts believe the ability to misuse fingerprint data is currently limited.  However, this could change over time as technology evolves.  Therefore, we are working with law enforcement and national security experts to review the potential ways fingerprint data could be misused now and in  the future, and will seek to prevent each misuse.    It goes on to say for 3 years (since July 2015) I have 'free' identity monitoring (which will expire next July).  

I'm already fucked, and probably again by equifax.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

our entire culture is your gripe because of this incident? seriously???

No, its the incidents that happen monthly that fly under ur radar. This is on peoples radar because of how big it is. But shit like this in various forms happens "constantly".  And its usually protected behavior unless its soooo big, ie equifax.

anerican people dont even feel the cock lodged in their rectums anymore. Its only when a 2nd much larger cock comes along for some dp that they go "hey wait a minute".

Our economic system has since its inception drained the avg american of his labor and syphoned it uphill in the form of economic capital that large financial entities can commoditize. This way they established the "money peddlets" in higher positions so that their labor is considered vastly more important and worthy of higher income than say police officers or military personnel that put their lives at risk vs some fat cunts sitting behind a desk dictating whete money flows.

if a good chunk of the military were able to conceptualize this the military would disappear overnight. I really dont understand why anyone joins the military. They salute you and make a big deal about it at football games......but break you off some real benefits for those limbs u lost.....ehhhh, maybe. Go for ptsd treatment, lose ur gun rights....wait for years to see a doctor etc,etc,etc

my nephews father went to vmi so liky he wont feel this way, but if i ever get a call from him saying he doesnt want to get drafted i will go and get him and take him somewhere they aint find him. 

24 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'd like to point out the need to raise consistency around here.   You can't be mad about this bitches lack of credentials and choose to be excusing of others for their lack of credentials as well.  

I was expecting to hear the consistency rebuttal of "complaining about too many regulations already in business". ;) 

Anyway who did you have in mind about the credentials? Wild guess Betsy DeVos?

Lifelock-got in a year ago after my wife's identity got stolen and bank account opened in her name with a quick $480 moved from our account to "hers" and then out the door to some bank in Chicago. Since we got Lifelock several attempts at opening credit cards for her and for me  have been squashed day one before they could be sent out. She is now n a 7 year credit "hold" with all three agencies since we proved she actually has hers stolen and used for fraud.

10 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I was expecting to hear the consistency rebuttal of "complaining about too many regulations already in business". ;) 

Anyway who did you have in mind about the credentials? Wild guess Betsy DeVos?

That's actually a solid name to throw out there.    So, yeah... let's go with that.  

Nonsense. Betsy Devos is far, far more qualified in her position that the woman who was in charge of security. And that is not good. And it's also nonsense to...wait, where is TexAg and his claim of defensive deflection? oh wait, tiam is a fellow liberal, so that is switched off. forgot for a sec there.... Betsy Devos is a danger to your credit? Your bank security?

btw, I clicked on the link to her linkedin page - it seems to be gone....unless it's private...

Profile Not Found

An exact match for susan-m-93069a could not be found.

The LinkedIn profile you're looking for isn't public or doesn't exist. To search and filter million LinkedIn members, log in or join LinkedIn today.

little tiamsies wet his pants again? still gay? what? your bitch, as usual, was stupid. You are stupid, making

it impossible for you to ever seriously aspire to be Tour's "little me" You make Woody look smart. That isn't good.

You don't impress me much, Tiamsies.

chris_rock_only_dumb_people_try_to_impre

• 2 weeks later...

Archived