THE BROWNS BOARD

Amazon deletes one star reviews on higgardly's stupid book "what happened" lol

calfoxwc

Dont u have to be a verified purchaser of any product on amazon to give it a one star? They do that to curb the competitor trolling/review manipulation. People often buy things on amazon based on avg customer review when you have a million choices for one product and yoy dont know a single company. Look up rifle scopes on amazon and you'll see what i mean. Ur getting excited again about nothing

If Amazon was concerned about the amount of negative reviews of the book and reasoned there could not have been that many people who read the book that quickly and give it bad reviews I can understand that. What I don't understand is why all reviews were not pulled then both good and bad. Did Amazon assume all the high star reviews of the book were from speed readers?

By deeming all the high star ratings as valid and the negative ones invalid is something Amazon needs to explain.

31 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dont u have to be a verified purchaser of any product on amazon to give it a one star? They do that to curb the competitor trolling/review manipulation. People often buy things on amazon based on avg customer review when you have a million choices for one product and yoy dont know a single company. Look up rifle scopes on amazon and you'll see what i mean. Ur getting excited again about nothing

No you don't. You can still review something but not all the reviews carry a verified purchaser tag.

For the record I would be a little bit leery of people who were not verified purchasers who gave it a bad review.

Then again I have not heard even the staunch Trump haters praise it.

WSS

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

By deeming all the high star ratings as valid and the negative ones invalid is something Amazon needs to explain.

Meh. I want this woman to disappear anywY, so the less attn the better. Let amazon make aspecial 10 starvrating for her book and let all her sychophant followers give it the full ten....i dont care, i just dont want her talked about anymore anywhere. 

On 9/16/2017 at 1:20 AM, jbluhm86 said:

On a side note, good to see you back, Axe. Hope you and yours weathered Irma without too much damage.

Thanks man, we got extremely lucky!! 

The eye passed about 20 miles to our east.

Bucket list. You guys need to experience one of these things outside under cover with your back to a strong building and the wind..   Trust me .. Well, w/o a ton of property at risk..:blink:  They shriek like a living entity.

7 hours ago, Axe said:

Thanks man, we got extremely lucky!! 

The eye passed about 20 miles to our east.

Bucket list. You guys need to experience one of these things outside under cover with your back to a strong building and the wind..   Trust me .. Well, w/o a ton of property at risk..:blink:  They shriek like a living entity.

1957 Hurricane Audrey. I'd like to do that again about as much as I want to "fly" close to the ground through canyons with nothing more than a wingsuit which is subject to downdrafts. Try Russian Roulette with two chambered rounds. The fear only lasts a few seconds rather than hour after hour.:ph34r:

Been through quite a few Typhoons while stationed on Okinawa.  Also got caught in a Typhoon while on board the USS OKINAWA (LPH-3).  We were inport Subic Bay, RP when a typhoon was headed towards us.  The Captain cancelled liberty and we got underway (maybe 2/3 of the crew made it, the others didn't).  We left too late and ended up going right into it.  We had marines on board and they were puking all over the passageways.  You had to tie yourself in your rack to sleep, otherwise it would throw you out.  Couldn't eat because it was too rough to cook.  The LSD which trailed us would totally disappear under the waves.  I'll never forget it.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Been through quite a few Typhoons while stationed on Okinawa.  Also got caught in a Typhoon while on board the USS OKINAWA (LPH-3).  We were inport Subic Bay, RP when a typhoon was headed towards us.  The Captain cancelled liberty and we got underway (maybe 2/3 of the crew made it, the others didn't).  We left too late and ended up going right into it.  We had marines on board and they were puking all over the passageways.  You had to tie yourself in your rack to sleep, otherwise it would throw you out.  Couldn't eat because it was too rough to cook.  The LSD which trailed us would totally disappear under the waves.  I'll never forget it.

That's amazing. All I've never known is a cruise in the Caribbean where our big cruise ship played slow motion teetertotter forhalf a day. Maybe one day we'll go visit Flugels down in Florida to watch a hurricane hit shore. Just kidding. But to be out to sea, that is scary stuff.

Archived