THE BROWNS BOARD

Double Duty Houston Tailgate??

The Gipper

As all of you may know, aside from the London tailgate  (which I cannot attend....have a great time guys).....a lot of people from this board are gathering for an away tailgate at the game in Houston vs. the Texans for that game on October 15th. 

But....guess what....that could in fact be a DOUBLE TAILGATE party.....for both Browns vs. DATs and   the Indians vs. the Astros!!

Assuming both the Tribe and the Astros made it that far and both teams have to win to get there....

making certain assumptions, those being that the Indians take the #1 seed and the Astros take the #2 seed....then you have the following:

The #1 AL seed would play the Wildcard winner on the following dates:  Oct 5/6/8/9/11  (if the series went all 5 games)

Then....The #1 seed (assume Indians) and the #2 seed (assume Astros)  would play the following dates:

10/13 in Cleveland,  10/14 in Cleveland,  Monday 10/16 in Houston, Tuesday 10/17 in Houston,  Wed. 10/18 in Houston,  10/20 and 10/21 in Cleveland.

Then the Party in Houston could be double duty.  While my plans call for leaving Houston on the morning of the 16th.....but at least the parties that weekend can be epic!!

Yes, of course, cautionary tale....this is a big assumption.  Asshole teams like the Yankees or Red Sox could fuck this all up.  Lets hope not.

Sounds like fun fun fun. 

I'm trying to make different arrangements now, as hurricane Harvey closed Stephen F Austin State Park (we were going to camp there). No worries, we'll still be there, and my son has our tickets. 

Good news is I'm 3-0 in career road games (wins at Buffalo in '86, St. Louis 2007, and Oakland 2006). 

On 9/17/2017 at 8:36 AM, wargograw said:

If you had some real stones you'd adjust your flight, Gip.

I plan to attend both.

Well, actually, note this:   If by chance the Astros take the top spot, and the Tribe is the #2 seed, then the games in Houston would be on Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th!!....When we would all be there.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:43 AM, Tour2ma said:

Long way to go, but thay would qualify as hellacool...

Is the 2017 NBA schedule out yet? ;)

Cavs don't start play until Oct. 17th....here at home vs. Celtics.   Their one road game in Houston vs. Rockets is, I believe, on November 9th.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, actually, note this:   If by chance the Astros take the top spot, and the Tribe is the #2 seed, then the games in Houston would be on Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th!!....When we would all be there.

Yeah, don't root for that. 

Already planning a watch party with my Houston friends on Friday night and I would expect that the ALCS will be on the tube at the Browns Backers bash on Saturday, It's going to be a hell of a weekend in Houston.

19 hours ago, wargograw said:

How much can I except to pay for CS tickets in Houston?

Upper hundreds for sure for a seat... it's been a long dry spell for the Astros... And Minute Maid is a fairly small park.

Not sure how much less for SRO on the porch... which if you can get on the rail gives you a pretty good view over the Crawford boxes in left field.

Archived