THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North... Revised,Balance of the Division Edition

Tour2ma

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Until now.:lol:

Get home ok?

I'm home, still beautiful. All the landscaping got a shave and a haircut. 

Many without power still (Including my home, staying with my girlfriend) and parts of Bonita Springs still under water. Lot of mobile homes ruined.

But we'll be better than ever.

Zombo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'm home, still beautiful. All the landscaping got a shave and a haircut. 

Or...a bikini wax?

Many without power still (Including my home, staying with my girlfriend) and parts of Bonita Springs still under water. Lot of mobile homes ruined.

But we'll be better than ever.

And wait for Maria to arrive to hammer you once again? GTFOutta Dodge.  Or actually....go to Dodge...City.  Nice town actually, I was there earlier.  No hurricanes.  Just the occasional tornado.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Good to read, Z... expecting a business boom?

If he goes into construction he should.

Though the smart thing would be to just let the swamp reclaim all those homes and for him to move to like Ohio. Or, back to Pa....where he can hammer Steeler fans all day and all night.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If he goes into construction he should.

Though the smart thing would be to just let the swamp reclaim all those homes and for him to move to like Ohio. Or, back to Pa....where he can hammer Steeler fans all day and all night.

Nope, don't live in a swamp, never going to live up North, and the Real Estate market will be booming by November.

We live in paradise. We know the cost: Three hurricanes in 100 years. You buy insurance, and then lock up and go. Knoxville was fun.

Zombo 

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Nope, don't live in a swamp, never going to live up North, and the Real Estate market will be booming by November.

We live in paradise. We know the cost: Three hurricanes in 100 years. You buy insurance, and then lock up and go. Knoxville was fun.

Zombo 

Reclaimed swamp?.  Naples may be nice....a place I do want to visit someday....but I do not think I would ever want to live in the southeast.  The Sweat Belt.  The Southwest?  Perhaps. 

I have threatened to retire to southern Ireland.  The climate is quite mild there. Do you know that Palm trees grow there? ( I would actually have the legal right to do so....as my mother was an Irish citizen...but, I would not likely leave the US...since my kids and family are here...but I have threatened it.)

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/palm-trees-in-ireland-36548780/

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have threatened to retire to southern Ireland.  The climate is quite mild there. Do you know that Palm trees grow there? ( I would actually have the legal right to do so....as my mother was an Irish citizen...but, I would not likely leave the US...since my kids and family are here...but I have threatened it.)

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/palm-trees-in-ireland-36548780/

I always piss my wife off when I tell people, "When one of us dies, I'm moving to the Caribbean because no way will she go with me now.":P

I also tell my kids I want my ashes scattered in the Caribbean, "because it's the only damn way I can get her to go there." For some reason she doesn't get mad about that line.:D

36 minutes ago, Zombo said:

So fucking glad I won't run into you on my Beach.

16473739_10210364997154889_3348807355543

Look what the Venezuelans did to my beach. I lived in Palma Sola just down the beach to the left of this area and hiked to this point which had a pristine white sandy beach and a reef on that point that came into the beach and allowed for clear, calm waters. There was nothing but a coconut plantation where they built that power plant. Now  google map shows what happened to that point. At least they made a national park further to the west where we had the best snorkeling.

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.5001473,-68.160739,1551m/data=!3m1!1e3

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I always piss my wife off when I tell people, "When one of us dies, I'm moving to the Caribbean because no way will she go with me now.":P

I also tell my kids I want my ashes scattered in the Caribbean, "because it's the only damn way I can get her to go there." For some reason she doesn't get mad about that line.:D

The Paradise I am looking for is the one by the dashboard light.  :o

44 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Nothing special about that at all.  Looks like Edgewater park.

Image result for Edgewater park beach pics

Nope. Nope, it doesn't.

White sand, sea oats and palm trees. Unbroken miles of natural beach.

All props to that beach, but it looks like brown sand that was trucked in and fully clothed folks dipping in a cold lake.

Do you have a February picture?

Zombo

Just busting Z's chops.   I look forward to some day walking on the Naples Beach.  (but I will have to take steps to avoid overexposure to the sun...been there, done that...and it ain't fun).

And, despites the dangers in Naples Fla. from Hurricanes....that other Naples (Italy) is actually in far more danger. When Vesuvius blows, and it will blow, it will take Naples with it.

tour-of-mt-vesuvius.jpg

Naples... the home of "sugar" sand...

30 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

See? Steel gray beauty, with 'white' sand and a little mist.

lmao... Could be homie's best ever.

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Reclaimed swamp?.  Naples may be nice....a place I do want to visit someday....but I do not think I would ever want to live in the southeast.  The Sweat Belt.  The Southwest?  Perhaps. 

Me and Tour visited there before the trek to Miami for the Dolphin's game. Nice enough. Z will have to eventually give me a report on how the place I stayed at (Cove Inn on Naples Bay) fared.  Agreed on the 90 degrees, 90% humidity  you get in Florida every day in the summer. Was in Tampa in October for the wife's cousin's wedding. It felt like a bad summer July day in Ohio. No thank you. I'm not a hot weather beach kind of guy.  My biggest let down in life? Seeing the ocean for the first time. A big SO WHAT? Once you can't see the other side (Lake Erie) doesn't matter if it's 100 or 2,000 miles away. With unlimited resources, Florida November to March and Anchorage in the summer would be my scenario. 

Florida wimps get their blood thinned out by that constant heat. True story- I was down in the Keys one January for the Winter Star Party, that's astronomy, not Bogie and Bacall. About 2AM thought- it's getting a little cool, maybe I should put on a sweater. Saw two guys from Miami wearing parkas and gloves. Had to restrain a good laugh. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Florida wimps get their blood thinned out by that constant heat. True story- I was down in the Keys one January for the Winter Star Party, that's astronomy, not Bogie and Bacall. About 2AM thought- it's getting a little cool, maybe I should put on a sweater. Saw two guys from Miami wearing parkas and gloves. Had to restrain a good laugh. 

That happens here as well.   As much as y'all think I'm a wuss for not liking cold weather, you should see the people here in their gloves and ski hats big jackets when its in the high 50's

12 minutes ago, Mark O said:

That happens here as well.   As much as y'all think I'm a wuss for not liking cold weather, you should see the people here in their gloves and ski hats big jackets when its in the high 50's

Ditto... first year in Houston (moved down in July and was met with a string of 95+ deg days with 90% humidity... Florida ain't got shit on Houston) the heaviest thing I wore thru the Winter was a fleece lined windbreaker. Natives were in longjohns when it hit 50 deg.

Winter #2? I was pretty much with them. The bitch about humidity is that it makes heat hotter and cold more biting... It just ain't fair.

Then there's London... I've walked around that city in every season and it's always the same... I end up cold and sweating.

On 9/20/2017 at 11:07 AM, The Gipper said:

Just busting Z's chops.   I look forward to some day walking on the Naples Beach.  (but I will have to take steps to avoid overexposure to the sun...been there, done that...and it ain't fun).

And, despites the dangers in Naples Fla. from Hurricanes....that other Naples (Italy) is actually in far more danger. When Vesuvius blows, and it will blow, it will take Naples with it.

tour-of-mt-vesuvius.jpg

I went to Italy 2 years ago on a family trip.. Touring the Pompeii ruins was the best. it was a great trip all the way around.

Archived