THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North... Revised,Balance of the Division Edition

Tour2ma

Even in normal times Zombo has forgotten to crank up the thread , his thread, when a Thursday nite game involves one of our four. So imma give my man a leg up...

image.png.4e9df936baefc4979f16774ec0036bde.png

Got off to a reasonable start going 2-2 both straight up and vs. the spread in a pressure-packed, double-double Week 1. Now that we;'re warmed up let's see if we nail a three game Week 2 with one double... which we'll get to in a day or so. For now just focusing on tonite...

HOU @ CIN (-6.5) Thu 09-14 7:25 PM

Both teams stunk up their openers. HOU had the distractions of a 500-year, flood event. What was CIN's excuse? That they missed Burfect? Does he play Offense, too?

I said at the end of FA that CIN could be headed for our cellar. You can't lose your two best OL and operate an Offense that lacks elite skill players everywhere else. Just having AJ ain't enough. Then there's the D... a D that falls short of fearsome even if whole. A D whose main force got his ass suspended because he couldn't pass up a cheap in frickin' pre-season. Such a waste of talent... but that's their problem.

The Texans should settle in... at least on the D-side of the ball. They will miss Cushing and his apparently P.E.D. fueled play, but they were embarrassed last week by JAX. They owe Houston a positive distraction and all of Houston will be watching this one.

And on the O-side? Who knows? With three of three rostered TEs dinged up look for HOU to spread it out... wide... 4 wide. Then with Watson making his first start I'm looking for a dose of read-option early and often. Watson may run for more yards than he passes, but Miller will run for more yards than Watson.

I don't think this one is going to be pretty... or close...

Prediction: HOU 27 CIN 13

Hope everything is going well, Z... Thinkin' of you, buddy...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mark O said:

These teams both suck giant donkey balls

fastball down the middle or hanger over the plate? Lindor will hit it, we go 2-2 top 10..EDIT-TRIBE WIN..TRIBE WIN!! 3-2 bottom of 10..E.ORE  Jay BRUUUUCE has got a pair with a big double!! we found A lucky Donkey  

2:00 warning...

Looks like I got the "not pretty" part right... and Watson is HOU's leading rusher, but need a late TD by HOU's D to make it "not close"...

Sweet we could move to 2nd place in the division if we can beat the Ravens on Sunday. 

Even the one great catch by Green was in triple coverage and more often than not it's gonna be intercepted. And in the redzone he kept locked on Green in double coverage, never looking for a better alternative from the getgo. Looked like a rookie QB.

ONE MAN'S OPINION FRIDAY EDITION - ORIGINAL BROWNS vs NEW BROWNS 2017 G1

There is not a single above average player at the skill positions. That’s true for Cleveland – and Baltimore. The Browns have the better offensive line, too, thanks to Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and the additions of guard Kevin Zeitler and center J.C. Tretter. Baltimore’s retooled defense does look strong. Shutting out Cincinnati on the road opening week is impressive. 

But the Ravens’ defense can’t carry such a weak offense when an inflated spread is involved like it is for this division matchup. Joe Flacco is working his way back from skipping preseason. He might be missing running back Danny Woodhead, who suffered a hamstring injury this past Sunday. The Ravens are 8-1 SU the past nine times hosting the Browns, but only 5-4 ATS. The Browns are improved from those sad sack past editions. 

This is rookie DeShone Kizer’s first road game. He’s far more athletic than recent Cleveland QB disasters such as Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn and Cody Kessler. Kizer also isn’t afraid to take shots downfield unlike previous Browns dink-and-dunk passers. Isaiah Crowell is the best runner on either team. Kizer can rely on Crowell to ensure the Ravens at least respects Cleveland’s ground attack.....So?

What do you mean so, take CLE +9 and run with it!

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Even the one great catch by Green was in triple coverage and more often than not it's gonna be intercepted.

Watching Ben do it with Ant Brown(5'10).Seems like a weekly high point the ball play, With height or vertical jump? AJ(6'4",got us many times),Julio(6'3").Hopkins(6'1"),OBJ(5'11) in all shapes & sizes too..I know you like Kirk at 5'10", but whats your early thoughts of SMU-Courtland Sutton at 6'4"? another big name in top 25 is Calvin Ridley, that I have not seen..

Courtland is not a superfast WR like some of the others, so it depends on what you're looking for. Kirk is going to be more like some of those NE receivers that can get open using their quickness and run best ATC in the open field. Ridley is just another fine receiver out of Bama. I could live with either pick after we get our "Zeke".^_^

Edit: Interesting that Walterfootball has us taking them this way as well (found after my comment)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

the Bengals have not scored a TD in 2 games now to start the season. I'm not saying Dalton has ever been elite but that's gotta be a huge concern in Bengal land right now.

Those last gasp passes in their last real possession were nowhere near their targets. Just when the situation called for aggressive, "nothing to lose" play, the ginger went conservative.

Not long to AJ time...

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ridley is just another fine receiver out of Bama.

Saw him in their opener and thought, "Cooper V2.0"... ten or twenty pounds lighter, but still growing.

HOU @ CIN (-6.5) Thu 09-14 7:25 PM

Prediction: HOU 27 CIN 13

FINAL: HOU 13 CIN 9 - W/W

Bit off in the finer points, but a win is a win...

image.png.d2d07aaa65f1f46d4432ac139a648c09.png

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

ONE MAN'S OPINION FRIDAY EDITION - ORIGINAL BROWNS vs NEW BROWNS 2017 G1

There is not a single above average player at the skill positions. That’s true for Cleveland – and Baltimore.

Well....I would certainly rate Flacco "above average" when compared to all the other QBs in the league.

The Browns have the better offensive line, too, thanks to Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and the additions of guard Kevin Zeitler and center J.C. Tretter. Baltimore’s retooled defense does look strong. Shutting out Cincinnati on the road opening week is impressive. 

Or not...given how piss poor Cincy's offense is.  But...I guess any shutout has to be given credit.

But the Ravens’ defense can’t carry such a weak offense when an inflated spread is involved like it is for this division matchup. Joe Flacco is working his way back from skipping preseason. He might be missing running back Danny Woodhead, who suffered a hamstring injury this past Sunday. The Ravens are 8-1 SU the past nine times hosting the Browns, but only 5-4 ATS. The Browns are improved from those sad sack past editions. 

This is rookie DeShone Kizer’s first road game. He’s far more athletic than recent Cleveland QB disasters such as Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn and Cody Kessler. Kizer also isn’t afraid to take shots downfield unlike previous Browns dink-and-dunk passers. Isaiah Crowell is the best runner on either team. Kizer can rely on Crowell to ensure the Ravens at least respects Cleveland’s ground attack.....So?

What do you mean so, take CLE +9 and run with it!

+9?    Yea, someone is smoking something.  If you are anywhere near Vegas....put money on that.

4 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Yup. Red rifle more like water gun. That throw on 4th down was to who exactly? Haha. 

It looks like the Bungles are once again the Bungles. Not many QB's have the wits to throw the ball away on 4th down to avoid the INT. Marvin Lewis' picture is in the dictionary under "Deer-in-the-headlights."

Archived