Sign in to follow this  
Clevfan4life

Who was the best defensive player on the browns last sunday?

The Gipper    1,173
4 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Let's not overlook that watt had an interception also

A good play, sure, but again, the primary fault of the rookie QB.

Tour2ma    1,430
4 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Hard to... it was his most athletic play. Stretched to his puny 37"-vertical, short-little 33"-armed max...

Clevfan4life    282
13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

So wait..............you say that Kizer holds the fucking ball too long as a way to say the the Steelers edge rusher ( WHo is FAR FAR FAR better than Garrett) and this is good.

HOWEVER............... I say ( I said BEFORE THE DRAFT) that Kizer hols the fucking ball too long............... and I am trolling?

WTF is wrong with Browns fans?

I never questioned any assessment of urs regarding kizer, i never watched him in college so i couldnt have

Clevfan4life    282
17 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Nobodys overlooking watt dude. But if the steelers had the #1 pick do u honestly think garett would not be a steeler? Ofc he would be

• Upvote 1

Tour2ma    1,430

^ Good answer...

Love folks who say everything about everyone (usually couched in some qualifier) so they can be right at some point someday...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ummm... no.

Height, 40 time and splits, and standing broad jump were comparable... and TJ actually edged Myles in the 10-yd split (1.59 to 1.64). Everything else is heavily in Myles' favor...

And everything equals: bench (33-21), vertical (41-37) and 3-cone (4.57-4.76). Plus there's weight (272-252) and arm-length (35.25-33.125).

Injury-wise TJ appeared in all of 22 games at Wisconsin and only started his final year. So I have no idea on his injury history... and neither do you. But we know Garrett's... 3-year starter... 34 games... missed one start.

Data's a bitch ain't it?

myles 2016 season was plagued with an ankle injury that limited his production, myles had an unknown injury at the beginning of training camp and another ankle tweak mid preseason and another injury that is making him sit out for the next month. tj has had double knee surgery in his playing career and nothing since.

Myles is injury prone but has the physical skills and talent to overcome that in college, Not so much in the nfl. That is the current perception and is true UNTIL proven otherwise.

As to their physical traits being vastly different i refer to the fact both athletes are top 5 percentile edge rushers in the nfl currently. Myles with a Sparq of 149.3 and TJ with a Sparq of 142.0, Mathmatically a less than 5% difference. I'll also point out that they play different positions Linebacker and DE, Am I suggesting we screwed up by not taking TJ at #1 overall? Hell no! Myles has a ton of potential if he can catch a break and shake the injury bug. Am i suggusting we may have made a mistake not taking him at #27 rather than Njoku? Probably

The Gipper    1,173
37 minutes ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

myles 2016 season was plagued with an ankle injury that limited his production, myles had an unknown injury at the beginning of training camp and another ankle tweak mid preseason and another injury that is making him sit out for the next month. tj has had double knee surgery in his playing career and nothing since.

Myles is injury prone but has the physical skills and talent to overcome that in college, Not so much in the nfl. That is the current perception and is true UNTIL proven otherwise.

As to their physical traits being vastly different i refer to the fact both athletes are top 5 percentile edge rushers in the nfl currently. Myles with a Sparq of 149.3 and TJ with a Sparq of 142.0, Mathmatically a less than 5% difference. I'll also point out that they play different positions Linebacker and DE, Am I suggesting we screwed up by not taking TJ at #1 overall? Hell no! Myles has a ton of potential if he can catch a break and shake the injury bug. Am i suggusting we may have made a mistake not taking him at #27 rather than Njoku? Probably

So? Trubisky then?

Tour2ma    1,430

Probably a better reply than I deserved, but I don't speak "sparq"...

Position-wise... one is a 4-3 DE and the other a 3-4 LB. Watt may have the chops to play in a 4-3, but that's not a given. If I take a LB in place of Njoku, his name would have been Foster.

Again one injury in three years of college ball does not "injury-prone" make... and none in one does not make a player bulletproof. That we'll simply have to disagree upon...

• Upvote 1

TopDawg31    76

everybody making excuses for why watt had a great game and was named defensive rookie of the week, but if glass garrett had those stats we would be fitting him with a bronze bust in Canton already.

Tour2ma    1,430

Watt excuses?

TexasAg1969    593
5 hours ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Am i suggusting we may have made a mistake not taking him at #27 rather than Njoku? Probably

I'd have taken Foster over Watt any day  of the week.

Clevfan4life    282
3 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

everybody making excuses for why watt had a great game and was named defensive rookie of the week, but if glass garrett had those stats we would be fitting him with a bronze bust in Canton already.

Not if his sacks came on ben holding the ball as long as kizer did. Some of us have an eye for these things. 

Clevfan4life    282
50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd have taken Foster over Watt any day  of the week.

In hindsight schobert is so far proving himself.....but i agree why would we take a 3-4 olb'er?

TopDawg31    76

It pisses me off to no end when these teams at the bottom of the draft get these players that are better than what we take at the top of the draft.

PoeticG    182

I thought that Nassib did very good as he always has. I liked what I saw from Showtime, he's really impressing me this year. I liked him last year but I didn't like him as an outside LB. In the middle though?> Damn he's fire. 

Tour2ma    1,430
3 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

It pisses me off to no end when these teams at the bottom of the draft get these players that are better than what we take at the top of the draft.

It's only Week 1... better pace yourself.

TopDawg31    76
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's only Week 1... better pace yourself.

My first chance to vent, not sure I'm done yet.

Tour2ma    1,430

lol... we're not getting any younger...

TexasAg1969    593
1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

My first chance to vent, not sure I'm done yet.

You're venting over a player who has yet to play a game? Premature ejaculation still a problem? (there is more than one meaning to the word).:D

Clevfan4life    282

Look i like that watt kid, if we had stayed in the 3-4 i woyldnt have been adverse to taking him. But he's not his brother, not even close. So we need to calm down a bit. JJ in his prime was pretty much one of THE most physically gifted DL the NFL has EVER seen. This panic that the steelers got the next JJ is right now completely unfounded. He's a high motor kid line his brother so he's going to make scrappy plays if some dumbass qb holds the ball too long. He's not tearing through IL like his brother was from day one.

Last sunday nassib was far more in roethlisbergers vicinity than watt was in kizers. But because we have a rookie qb and a struggling OL when watt did get close he was able to make a play. On at least 4-5 plays off the top of my head i know that nassib was a cunt hair from grabbing hold of roethlisberger. Its bens pocket awareness that kept our pressure from sacking him, but he was still getting rid of the ball way earlier than he wanted. 

StinkHole    213
10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So you're saying TJ held Joe... I'll look for that when I grade our OL.

I'm not sure, maybe unnecessary roughness. He didn't have to flip him.

I was going to post the video, but felt it would get deleted.

But I'll give it a shot.

Also, not sure why this is a freeze frame video.

The lower black screen.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/12/check-out-t-j-watt-with-the-sweet-hip-toss-on-joe-thomas/

StinkHole    213
4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Look i like that watt kid, if we had stayed in the 3-4 i woyldnt have been adverse to taking him. But he's not his brother, not even close.

And who the fuck are you to make that call?

According to JJ his little bro is light years ahead of him at this point in his career.

wargograw    221
11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Probably a better reply than I deserved, but I don't speak "sparq"...

Position-wise... one is a 4-3 DE and the other a 3-4 LB. Watt may have the chops to play in a 4-3, but that's not a given. If I take a LB in place of Njoku, his name would have been Foster.

Again one injury in three years of college ball does not "injury-prone" make... and none in one does not make a player bulletproof. That we'll simply have to disagree upon...

That wasn't Garrett's only injury. They may not have kept him from starting, but he was/is most certainly injury prone. 

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

I'm not sure, maybe unnecessary roughness. He didn't have to flip him.

I was going to post the video, but felt it would get deleted.

But I'll give it a shot.

Also, not sure why this is a freeze frame video.

The lower black screen.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/12/check-out-t-j-watt-with-the-sweet-hip-toss-on-joe-thomas/

I see a guy that did absolutely nothing to contribute to his team there. Congrats.