THE BROWNS BOARD

Who was the best defensive player on the browns last sunday?

Clevfan4life

For me it was orchard and nassib. I know nassib got the only sack, but orchards stonewall on a big 3rd and short play stood out to me. I was dubious if orchards fit in our 4-3 since it looked like he was still in 3-4 olb'er form.....but he utterly blew up either their right guard or tackle and that orevented a gap from forming allowing the def to collapse on the run. Im sure the steelers had run plays schemed up specifically to run at orchard when he was in there being the smallest of our DE's. 

And nassib was his usual high motor self. Secondary flashed alot, who was it that stuck his hand out on that big 3rd down pass that ben tried to get to his TE? Calhoun? 

I Cheat...I got to give a whole front 4 vote..If you look at where the tackles came from? They came in Quick & Clean From everywhere..LB,FS,CB & even the Double S Kindred when they decided to leave Peppers on his own 3 miles off island :o    

so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

14 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

34 minutes ago, Orion said:

But wasn't he most effective in college playing close to the LOS?

O, am stuck in ACC country as a Buckeye Nut..so I did not watch a lot of Peppers games..His Pre-draft stuff I watched would say your right, more of a read LB Rover that would come or would drop into hot read coverage? I liked how Williams used Peppers..Seemed to keep Ben's eyes settling underneath? The Flacco plan has always included a couple "throw it up deep"..Guess will'll see if Peppers can hunt some down..      

20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

he still got player of the week what did glass garrett get? nothing not a fucking thing and that's probably how his whole season will go.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

So wait..............you say that Kizer holds the fucking ball too long as a way to say the the Steelers edge rusher ( WHo is FAR FAR FAR better than Garrett) and this is good.

HOWEVER............... I say ( I said BEFORE THE DRAFT) that Kizer hols the fucking ball too long............... and I am trolling?

WTF is wrong with Browns fans?

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

he still got player of the week what did glass garrett get? nothing not a fucking thing and that's probably how his whole season will go.

Just remember what the Ghoolie said.................. Garrett was the worst waste of a #1 #1 pick imaginable. Garrett is not only fraglie, but he is effeminate, honestly, he is most likely a homosexual who doesn't like to hit players, but rather grab them and wrestle them to the ground. The mere fact that the Steelers chose Watt shoudl make Browns fans puke, because it means he is a better player. The Browns simply do not out draft the Steelers. Watt is better? Sure,,,he has sacks,  our guy is nursing his badly waxed vagina.

Garrett reminds me of a well musicled, sissy type that you would see teaching Zumba classes. Like this guy.

Garrett.jpg

Kindred was a pleasant surprise, he was very "active"  - and his fellow 2016 4th round counterpart Schobert played great. Claiming Boddy-Calhoun last year was a great decision.

Lots of good on the defense overall, looking forward to seeing Garrett added to the mix.

Seems like Ogbah was awfully quiet, besides the play where Ben tried to twist his ankles

11 hours ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Watt tested about on par with Garrett physically and he was not injury prone 

Ummm... no.

Height, 40 time and splits, and standing broad jump were comparable... and TJ actually edged Myles in the 10-yd split (1.59 to 1.64). Everything else is heavily in Myles' favor...

And everything equals: bench (33-21), vertical (41-37) and 3-cone (4.57-4.76). Plus there's weight (272-252) and arm-length (35.25-33.125).

Injury-wise TJ appeared in all of 22 games at Wisconsin and only started his final year. So I have no idea on his injury history... and neither do you. But we know Garrett's... 3-year starter... 34 games... missed one start.

Data's a bitch ain't it?

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

The rookie also performed well against Joe Thomas...once hip flipping Thomas to the turf.

So you're saying TJ held Joe... I'll look for that when I grade our OL.

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

So wait..............you say that Kizer holds the fucking ball too long as a way to say the the Steelers edge rusher ( WHo is FAR FAR FAR better than Garrett) and this is good.

HOWEVER............... I say ( I said BEFORE THE DRAFT) that Kizer hols the fucking ball too long............... and I am trolling?

You are allegedly one of them...that is what's wrong.

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Uttter garbage.  Watts first sack took roughly 3 seconds, his second was 7.

The rookie also performed well against Joe Thomas...once hip flipping Thomas to the turf.

I wouldn't get all that excited.  Of the 7 sacks...definitely 5 were as a result of Kizer holding the ball way too long. I don't know if Watt had one of the "legit" sacks.   As for Watt getting the better of JT on one play....I would hold up on the scheduling the induction ceremonies just yet.  Watt will be a good player I am sure, but call us when he makes 10 consecutive Pro Bowls the way JT did. 

4 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Let's not overlook that watt had an interception also

Hard to... it was his most athletic play. Stretched to his puny 37"-vertical, short-little 33"-armed max...

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I never questioned any assessment of urs regarding kizer, i never watched him in college so i couldnt have

^ Good answer...

Love folks who say everything about everyone (usually couched in some qualifier) so they can be right at some point someday...

Archived