Tour2ma

What do all these double-digit, Week One losers have in common?

Tour2ma    1,425
  • BLT 20 CIN 0
  • JAX 29 HOU 7
  • LAR 46 IND 9
  • MN 29 NO 19
  • DAL 19 NYG 3
  • honorable mention SEA...

Their OLs suck... biggly...

Just saying...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Gipper    1,169

And it doesn't look like some of their defenses are all that good either.

Tour2ma    1,425

Some is not all...

bbedward    448

Whitworth and Zeitler both got 80s from PFF. Both top 15 at their positions for week 1

Their replacements in Cincy didn't fair too well. 40 for ogbuehi, 32 for Hopkins and an injury

Gonna be a rough year for Dalton.

D Bone    552
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  • BLT 20 CIN 0
  • JAX 29 HOU 7
  • LAR 46 IND 9
  • MN 29 NO 19
  • DAL 19 NYG 3

Just saying...

You like banging your head against that wall T? I'm sure this will fall on deaf - but mostly dumb ears.  

Tour2ma    1,425
42 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Who was it that the pgh NT walked back into kizers dick multiple times? Tretter7?

IIRC that was Hargrave. When we signed Tretter I reported he had anchoring issues. He has to turn any head on rush to handle it.

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

Whitworth and Zeitler both got 80s from PFF. Both top 15 at their positions for week 1

Their replacements in Cincy didn't fair too well. 40 for ogbuehi, 32 for Hopkins and an injury. Gonna be a rough year for Dalton.

I really want to see our Aggie go against their Aggie Week 4...

Read that both Tretter and Bito graded out pretty low. Guess that leaves Shon Coleman around middling...

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

You like banging your head against that wall T? I'm sure this will fall on deaf - but mostly dumb ears.  

Love it, D!  Just afraid of CTC long-term...

tiamat63    353

Worth pointing out the Hawks only kept it close with a late TD meanwhile their Oline routinely let Wilson take shot after shot. 

Seattle is only going to go as far as their defense will take them.   No Beast mode to slam between the tackles 30 times and wear down defenses late.       Russel won't make it a full season.

hoorta    900
4 hours ago, bbedward said:

Their replacements in Cincy didn't fair too well. 40 for ogbuehi, 32 for Hopkins and an injury

Gonna be a rough year for Dalton.

But-but-but......   The never wrong Ghoolie knows OL are dime a dozen.  AND those stellar playmakers the Bungles have (Green and Mixon) are going to make them a great team. I told the Gouhl before the season started losing Witworth and Zeitler was gonna decimate their OL, because the replacements weren't very good.....   Said Dalton should up his life insurance. BTW, the Dayton Daily sports reported Green was so po'ed he tossed his helmet on the sidelines. You can't complete passes flat on your back.

mjp28    156
6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  • BLT 20 CIN 0
  • JAX 29 HOU 7
  • LAR 46 IND 9
  • MN 29 NO 19
  • DAL 19 NYG 3

Just saying...

It always starts upfront OL or DL. ;)  

Franchise QB always nice, franchise OT, OG, C also nice.

Dutch Oven    61

Not coincidentally, the Browns should be looking HARD at Left Tackles in the upcoming draft.

• Upvote 1

Canton Mike    604

Folks have criticized OUR "high priced" OL for the sacks by Peeburgh, but I maintain a number of them were on our rookie QB not getting rid of the ball. As far as the OL goes, regardless of talent, they must gel as a cohesive unit. Their play will improve throughout the season as well as Kiser's. There is a lot to look forward to with our young Browns.

Mike

• Like 1

gumby73    300
4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

IIRC that was Hargrave. When we signed Tretter I reported he had anchoring issues. He has to turn any head on rush to handle it.

Hargraves is a tonka truck..Tretter may not see much better..But somewhere in that tape Tretter does Pancake that truck? did you find it?

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Seattle is only going to go as far as their defense will take them.   No Beast mode to slam between the tackles 30 times and wear down defenses late.       Russel won't make it a full season.

Maybe not a Lynch banger but they do get Rawls back this week..agree R. Wilson will need some help back there, but the way Seattle practices am not even sure Rawls will be around long? Says my Fantasy Football GM..

tiamat63    353
38 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Hargraves is a tonka truck..Tretter may not see much better..But somewhere in that tape Tretter does Pancake that truck? did you find it?

Brandon Williams next week.  

gumby73    300
23 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Brandon Williams next week.  

Ouch..Honestly I thought they lost him during FA period..But now I see he got paid..Carolina kid Hargraves at 305 lbs. got Tretter on spin moves & swims ..damn hope 340 lbs. can't spin..thanks

Tour2ma    1,425
4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Worth pointing out the Hawks only kept it close with a late TD meanwhile their Oline routinely let Wilson take shot after shot.

Thus the honorable mention... I really thought they might have fixed their OL this off-season. But no.... and then there's their general lack of offensive weapons.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

But-but-but......   The never wrong Ghoolie knows OL are dime a dozen.

Then there are some teams that need a shitload of dimes...

Tour2ma    1,425
2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not coincidentally, the Browns should be looking HARD at Left Tackles in the upcoming draft.

Possibly... Joe looked pretty damn good Sunday tho. We'll know more this week as Suggs usually gives him as much trouble as anyone.

Dutch Oven    61
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Possibly... Joe looked pretty damn good Sunday tho. We'll know more this week as Suggs usually gives him as much trouble as anyone.

Not a comment on his playing ability, but this is his 11th pro season. It would be nice to not have to scramble for a LT when he does pack them up.

Ghoolie    384
11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  • BLT 20 CIN 0
  • JAX 29 HOU 7
  • LAR 46 IND 9
  • MN 29 NO 19
  • DAL 19 NYG 3

Just saying...

YAWN.

TexasAg1969    589
14 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Folks have criticized OUR "high priced" OL for the sacks by Peeburgh, but I maintain a number of them were on our rookie QB not getting rid of the ball. As far as the OL goes, regardless of talent, they must gel as a cohesive unit. Their play will improve throughout the season as well as Kiser's. There is a lot to look forward to with our young Browns.

Mike

I agree Mike. And our D showed out to be as real as we thought they might be from preseason. 14 points total given up and all without Garrett in the rotation and Shelton back in after a lot of preseason out.

Tour2ma    1,425
13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not a comment on his playing ability, but this is his 11th pro season. It would be nice to not have to scramble for a LT when he does pack them up.

Got ya... but given other needs so long as a healthy Joe says, "I'm good for one more", then drafting a LT heir early is not going to compete IMO.

Also have to consider Coleman's development. His college tape showed me starting LT potential. And so far at RT he's been OK...