THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL struggles in LA

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, miktoxic said:

texas doesn't want to secede and maybe one county wants to be a sanctuary which will change next election cycle (cuz they don't fuck around there.......i'm surprized that female county sheriffs's home hasn't been fire bombed yet). jerry brown, bill diblasio and emanuel are the biggest traitors living in this country at this time. i hope they all Fing get hit by a train, bus or airplane.

Oh, well.....I guess you don't read the news.  Texas too wanted to be cunts while Obama was President.  Where the hell were you?  And yes, any talk by Californians to secede is cuntish.  It is all so stupid. 

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

They had drive thru liquor stores. 

Drive-thru Liquor Stores? Hell we had drive-thru bars... still have one in my town.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:55 AM, Canton Dawg said:

L.A. didn't want an NFL team there...the NFL wanted a team there.

Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

New York City; New York
Los Angeles; California
Chicago; Illinois
Houston; Texas
Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
Phoenix; Arizona
San Antonio; Texas
San Diego; California
Dallas; Texas
San Jose; California

Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

13 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Texas has been threatening to succeed for decades. Texans really look down on the rest of us.

in 1979 when Yankees like me were moving there in droves, they wanted to pull the trigger on succeeding to keep us out. Texas really is its own little country. When I was there it was perfectly legal to drink and drive with a gun in the vehicle, you just could not drive drunk. They had drive thru liquor stores. 

We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Ice houses are still around too.

Hell to the yeah! But even Ohio has those...

Memo to self: Develop Drive-thru Car Wash/Ice House combo concept...

22 minutes ago, wargograw said:

We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

I seeeeeeeeee what you did there...

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

New York City; New York
Los Angeles; California
Chicago; Illinois
Houston; Texas
Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
Phoenix; Arizona
San Antonio; Texas
San Diego; California
Dallas; Texas
San Jose; California

Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

ur such the attorney. i'll let u know when i need ur help after shooting commies..........and a bunch of cunts.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The stadium will be a huge venue for the Olympics.  Kronke paid for most of the stadium as I understand it but then also got some concessions from the league in exchange for giving them office space there and the NFL combine will be held in LA once the stadium is done and there will be other events as well.   The new stadium is in Inglewood, right near the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play before Staples center) and its about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

The stadium will be a huge venue for the Olympics.  Kronke paid for most of the stadium as I understand it but then also got some concessions from the league in exchange for giving them office space there and the NFL combine will be held in LA once the stadium is done and there will be other events as well.   The new stadium is in Inglewood, right near the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play before Staples center) and its about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

nowhere near Compton........hmmmmmmm.

sanctuary state.

9 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

ur such the attorney. i'll let u know when i need ur help after shooting commies..........and a bunch of cunts.

So?  Suicide is an option for you? :o

Dont do it mik!

There are too many people who _________(insert one: love or hate)  you who will miss you if you go!

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

13 miles is hardly right next to each other.   That could take an hour to drive

Depending on time of day you bet... but I have to say Cali drivers are among the best I've been on the road with.

A year ago tooling around Sacramento over to the Bay Area and up to NAPA when traffic got a little heavy folks just slowed, stayed in their lanes and stayed reasonably spaced... for the most part... there's always a couple ass-hats, but far fewer than in Texas... or the NE, which is off the fuckin'-ass-hole charts... especially Connecticut.

Archived