THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL struggles in LA

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not like the NFL didn't know that the fans in LA were apathetic.  The asshole owners didn't care about the LA fans, the San Diego fans, the St. Louis fans.  They.....particularly Jerry Jones, just saw dollar signs  being generated by the new stadium being built...and they wanted to be close to Hollywood so they could sniff the butts of Hollywood stars.  Plain and simple. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Its not like the NFL didn't know that the fans in LA were apathetic.  The asshole owners didn't care about the LA fans, the San Diego fans, the St. Louis fans.  They.....particularly Jerry Jones, just saw dollar signs  being generated by the new stadium being built...and they wanted to be close to Hollywood so they could sniff the butts of Hollywood stars.  Plain and simple. 

That's because LA needs just 1 team. And besides they are more of a Basketball Baseball city. 

4 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

That's because LA needs just 1 team. And besides they are more of a Basketball Baseball city. 

LA didn't need or really want 1 team let alone 2.  The Rams at least have some sort of following but for the 500th time, the Raiders are the most popular team in LA.  The Rams are a distant 2nd and the Chargers aren't even in the race.  Wait till that little soccer stadium is filled with fans of the opposing team to watch the Chargers.

35 minutes ago, Mark O said:

LA didn't need or really want 1 team let alone 2.  The Rams at least have some sort of following but for the 500th time, the Raiders are the most popular team in LA.  The Rams are a distant 2nd and the Chargers aren't even in the race.  Wait till that little soccer stadium is filled with fans of the opposing team to watch the Chargers.

Agree. Chargers should go somewhere else. Atleast Rams have somewhat of a chance to succeed.

12 hours ago, Mark O said:

Including Browns fans in December?

13 hours ago, Mark O said:

LA didn't need or really want 1 team let alone 2.

Oh they wanted them... both of them. They just won't support them...

55 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

L.A. didn't want an NFL team there...the NFL wanted a team there.

It all boils down to greed...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And Yes again.

I mean...is a new stadium in LA really going to make the NFL all that much more money (if at all) than having teams in SD or St. L?.

Not to sound redundant But, I think we can all agree a team is in LA is simply for greed #1.. Image #2.. And it becomes the NFL's personal love child so to speak.. The NFL will make sure they have a good team put together , regardless of what Krohnke does.. They will force him to do it.. Or force him to sell the franchise.

Edit: The NFL does not like being made a fool of...

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

L.A. didn't want an NFL team there...the NFL wanted a team there.

^^^

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And Yes again.

I mean...is a new stadium in LA really going to make the NFL all that much more money (if at all) than having teams in SD or St. L?.

Um, no. 

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Not to sound redundant But, I think we can all agree a team is in LA is simply for greed #1.. Image #2.. And it becomes the NFL's personal love child so to speak.. The NFL will make sure they have a good team put together , regardless of what Krohnke does.. They will force him to do it.. Or force him to sell the franchise.

Edit: The NFL does not like being made a fool of...

They're already being made a fool of in cities like San Diego and St Louis. They don't care. As the Bible says "pride goeth before a fall". The megaplex probably will draw fans for a year or two, but after that- lotsa luck. 

Screw the love child and screw (Missouri) Kroenke. It would warm my heart if the Lambs fall flat on their face in LA, playing to empty stadiums. Nothing lasts forever- and look for soccer to overtake the NFL- sooner rather than later.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

^^^

Um, no. 

They're already being made a fool of in cities like San Diego and St Louis. They don't care. As the Bible says "pride goeth before a fall". The megaplex probably will draw fans for a year or two, but after that- lotsa luck. 

Screw the love child and screw (Missouri) Kroenke. It would warm my heart if the Lambs fall flat on their face in LA, playing to empty stadiums. Nothing lasts forever- and look for soccer to overtake the NFL- sooner rather than later.  

Agreed.. But I'm not sure Zombo would like it..

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

This Board has taken a noticeable turn to the theological...

And I have stepped back from that since it usually leads nowhere worthwhile. At least on the political board Trump finally betrayed the Trumpettes with his embrace of Shumer/Pelosi. 30 pieces of silver anyone?^_^

Lived in the LA 'area' my whole life and couldn't care less about the local teams. In the 70s (I'm 49) I kind of liked the Goats as a kid, but soon fell in love with the Browns. There is just so much to do here all year long which allows a lot of us to outdoor stuff on Sundays, even in the "winter"..... It's just weird, no one really cares about going to watch a local NFL game. I of course have been to tons of games - mainly to watch the Browns, but all of my friends don't even know how to spell NFL much less go to a game. 

The Rams moving back I could see working - maybe, but moving the Chargers here was mind boggling. I don't care how many people live in the "#2 market", they/we just won't come. In 20 years either the Goats or Bolts, or both, will have been in their new home for several years.

25 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Lived in the LA 'area' my whole life and couldn't care less about the local teams. In the 70s (I'm 49) I kind of liked the Goats as a kid, but soon fell in love with the Browns. There is just so much to do here all year long which allows a lot of us to outdoor stuff on Sundays, even in the "winter"..... It's just weird, no one really cares about going to watch a local NFL game. I of course have been to tons pf games - mainly to watch the Browns, but all of my friends don't even know how to spell NFL much less go to a game. 

The Rams moving back I could see working - maybe, but moving the Chargers here was mind boggling. I don't care how many people live in the "#2 market", they/we just won't come. In 20 years either the Goats or Bolts, or both, will have been in their new home for several years.

I've always thought of LA as being a college market with USC/UCLA.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

I've always thought of LA as being a college market with USC/UCLA.

It is...considering both SC and UCLA get 80 or 90 thousand plus(maybe more) for all their home games and the Rams aren't even making all the seats available for their home games in the same stadium that nearly fills.

don't get me wrong.....i love the fans here from CALI but move the fuck out of state cuz i seriously do hope the Andreas Fault splits and your state floats west to the asian pacific. you want to secede from our union and be a sanctuary state.....????.... have fun when Kim Jong Un is your new dictator.

Just do us all a favor....take mexico and washington state with you when you go.

a fucking disgrace.

2 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

don't get me wrong.....i love the fans here from CALI but move the fuck out of state cuz i seriously do hope the Andreas Fault splits and it floats west to the asian pacific. you want to secede from our union and be a sanctuary state.....????.... have fun when Kim Jong Un is your new dictator.

Just do us all a favor....take mexico and washington state with you when you go.

a fucking disgrace.

And Texas too?

10 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

don't get me wrong.....i love the fans here from CALI but move the fuck out of state cuz i seriously do hope the Andreas Fault splits and your state floats west to the asian pacific. you want to secede from our union and be a sanctuary state.....????.... have fun when Kim Jong Un is your new dictator.

a fucking disgrace.

Sounds like someone needs an avocado veggie burger topped with sprouts.......................... 

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And Texas too?

texas doesn't want to secede and maybe one county wants to be a sanctuary which will change next election cycle (cuz they don't fuck around there.......i'm surprized that female county sheriffs's home hasn't been fire bombed yet). jerry brown, bill diblasio and emanuel are the biggest traitors living in this country at this time. i hope they all Fing get hit by a train, bus or airplane.

Archived