Jump to content
boo fagley

Ravens open @ 7.5 point favorites

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Mark O said:

 

And yet everytime you respond to him, it feeds the troll and gives him the attention the blowhard attention whore craves and needs.

And ever time anyone quotes him, what we have him on "ignore" to keep from reading gets posted by those who quote him. In the future just respond without quoting so people can keep the ridiculous off the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So....you seem to be saying you are basing your opinion on one single guy that has never played an NFL game.  If Garrett were here we would win, but since he isn't the Browns are going to get rolled.

I think you are being totally absurd.

I also think you place to much credit on the Ravens defense.  I think it is really about on par with the Steelers.

The only thing with any credibility in your entire post is the fact that Kizer may have "road jitters".  That could happen...just because it is his first time out there.   But that is about it.

 

You can think I'm totally absurd, and that's fine.  And yes, Garrett is a rookie, but there's a GIANT difference in being the #1 overall pick as a pass rusher, and being a rookie QB.  If you can't see the difference in that, well, you may be the absurd one.  The Ravens' defense gets their hands on a lot of passes, and they come down with a lot of picks.  If you want to deny that, everyone can have an opinion.  

It's MY opinion that Garrett is special, even as a rookie who hasn't played an NFL game.  His presence against the Steelers could've easily made the difference.  It's not worth arguing because there's obviously no way to know, but we need guys that can make PLAYS.  I believe Garrett is one of them, and he won't be in the game for a long time.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

BUT BUT BUT wait.................. I thought it was the D and the OL that wins games? How can the QB and a WR make that much difference? I mean, the Browns don't have either of those things, and we are really ding well.

The Steelers are loaded with talent. ESPN #1 Power Ranking as of today. THe Browns? In the shitter.

THe Ravens may very well end Kizer's season. THey will definately fuck him up. 12 sacks? Or will Hue have to bench him?

When the D and the OL are essentially equal...it IS the QB and WR that make the difference.   In the Browns and Steelers cases, their D and their OLs are pretty equal, thus...the Steelers HOF caliber QB and WR did make all the difference.  (If the DL and OL are vastly unequal...all that HOF skill talent won't matter)

Do the Browns have an HOF caliber QB and WR?  No....no one would say that.  (yet they only lost by 3 points on a special teams fuckup)

As far as power rankings are concerned...they are useless.   They are just one persons opinion and they tend to overrate teams based merely on reputation. (or underrate them).  If you don't know this then you are not as smart as I think you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

 

You can think I'm totally absurd, and that's fine.  And yes, Garrett is a rookie, but there's a GIANT difference in being the #1 overall pick as a pass rusher, and being a rookie QB.  If you can't see the difference in that, well, you may be the absurd one.  

Please, by all mean...explain that difference.  Just saying there is a difference doesn't cut it.  Tell us specifically how a #1 overall pass rusher is clearly, in your view far far more valuable than a #1 QB.

 

The Ravens' defense gets their hands on a lot of passes, and they come down with a lot of picks.  If you want to deny that, everyone can have an opinion.  

It's MY opinion that Garrett is special, even as a rookie who hasn't played an NFL game.  His presence against the Steelers could've easily made the difference.  It's not worth arguing because there's obviously no way to know, but we need guys that can make PLAYS.  I believe Garrett is one of them, and he won't be in the game for a long time.  

WHat affect on Kizer's game will Garrett have if he is in there?   If Garrett were to get a couple of sacks...you think that is the difference between winning and losing a game...be it the Ravens or Steelers game?  Yet, notwithstanding if Garrett gets a couple of sacks, if Kizer has the jitters and throws a few ints....you think a couple of sacks by Garrett would make up for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good try, jiggins...

14 hours ago, Mark O said:

And yet everytime you respond to him, it feeds the troll and gives him the attention the blowhard attention whore craves and needs.

In fairness to AKid...

  1. Phoolie makes it difficult to not respond, and
  2. he's a kid... apparently..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Good try, jiggins...

In fairness to AKid...

  1. Phoolie makes it difficult to not respond, and
  2. he's a kid... apparently..

 

1. It's easy to not respond when his posts are hidden unless someone quotes the blowhard.

2.  nicely done...  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark O said:

 

1. It's easy to not respond when his posts are hidden unless someone quotes the blowhard.

2.  nicely done...  :D

I don't know how to do that. But there's some shit he posts that isn't so bad. But he's pretty extreme on all of his posts. Lately he's been full of shit. Maybe because the season just started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alkid3 said:

I don't know how to do that.

Easier that ever...

  1. Place cursor over poster's screen name.
  2. Click on "Ignore" in pop up.
  3. Select among options to ignore.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Easier that ever...

  1. Place cursor over poster's screen name.
  2. Click on "Ignore" in pop up.
  3. Select among options to ignore.

Nice. Thanks. I'll keep this in mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Good try, jiggins...

In fairness to AKid...

  1. Phoolie makes it difficult to not respond, and
  2. he's a kid... apparently..

I'm 27. 🤣🤣🤣 I guess to some older people here I'm a kid. Alkid is my nickname. My real name is Alex. Fun fact of the day. Haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup... 65 (Friday) vs. 27? You're a Kid... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I'm 27. 🤣🤣🤣 I guess to some older people here I'm a kid. Alkid is my nickname. My real name is Alex. Fun fact of the day. Haha

 

48 myself and i've been married nearly as long as you've been alive....so yes you're a kid.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... 65 (Friday) vs. 27? You're a Kid... :)

65? Jesus and here I thought my baby sitting days were done.:P

Edit: And I've been married almost as long as Mark has been alive (47 years, 7 months today-yep-Valentine's Day). :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, long time since I've chatted with all of you. 

 

Was rooting for the Browns last week, Squeelers just barely got out of there with the W. 

 

As always, I have tons of respect for the Browns, it's almost always a tight contested game. I anticipate this being the same with home field advantage being the difference maker. I expect the Browns to fair a little better against our D than the Bungels did, as our pass rush will meet a pretty stout Browns offensive line. Flacco will probably play like garbage and turn the ball over early but string together a couple of touchdown drives to pull out a Ravens win. I'm thinking 20-17 Ravens. 

 

Had to chuckle as as I didn't remember how to log in, because Gip had changed my original username to this much more fitting one ... 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

65? Jesus and here I thought my baby sitting days were done.:P

Where you been? I've known that you are one of the oldest farts here for some time... Sir. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PurplePantyWaste said:

I'm thinking 20-17 Ravens. 

Had to chuckle as as I didn't remember how to log in, because Gip had changed my original username to this much more fitting one ... 😆

Pretty sure that would have been Zombo, our resident name-tailor...

Compared to me, you are expecting a scorefest.

 

On a serous note.... I was looking at your depth chart yesterday. Two QBs I get (although considering Flacco's back issues...), but two RBs? Seems to be asking for trouble.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Where you been? I've known that you are one of the oldest farts here for some time... Sir. :P

I've known you are just a babe in the East Texas woods for some time too............son.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty sure that would have been Zombo, our resident name-tailor...

Compared to me, you are expecting a scorefest.

 

On a serous note.... I was looking at your depth chart yesterday. Two QBs I get (although considering Flacco's back issues...), but two RBs? Seems to be asking for trouble.

AH, you're probably right. It's been over a year since I've posted here. 

 

It is asking for trouble, but I think we have a couple on the practice squad we can promote up. We had Woodhead marked for being the third rb mainly for use on pass plays but he is now out with a hammy for 4-8 weeks. 

 

I think Browns will capitalize some points off Ravens turnovers, plus your RBs no matter who they are often seem to do well against us, and there's usually a couple big plays downfield to be had on us. 

 

Browns are such a weird team to face. They scare the shit out of me despite only losing once I think since 2008. I always tell people not to sleep on you guys. Browns are always a good quarterback away from being legit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol... I'll take "weird" as a compliment...

See you after the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurplePantyWaste said:

Hey all, long time since I've chatted with all of you. 

 

Was rooting for the Browns last week, Squeelers just barely got out of there with the W. 

 

As always, I have tons of respect for the Browns, it's almost always a tight contested game. I anticipate this being the same with home field advantage being the difference maker. I expect the Browns to fair a little better against our D than the Bungels did, as our pass rush will meet a pretty stout Browns offensive line. Flacco will probably play like garbage and turn the ball over early but string together a couple of touchdown drives to pull out a Ravens win. I'm thinking 20-17 Ravens. 

 

Had to chuckle as as I didn't remember how to log in, because Gip had changed my original username to this much more fitting one ... 😆

I don't have anything to do with that.  I am not a board admin.   You need to talk to Zombo about that.

But, PurplePantyWaste is certainly an entertaining name for you.  What was it supposed to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 3:36 PM, StinkHole said:

LOL ok then,  what does say about the browns?

I would rather believe the browns had something to do with making the Steelers look average.

 

My feeling right now is that the Steelers are a way above average team, and the browns are not a joke anymore.

They are competitive and will win games this year.

The problem you are having Stinks, is that these dumb fuck Browns fans are trying to add 1 + 1 to get 3.  The Ravens spread has absolutely nothing to do with last week. There is no comparison here. Vegas doesn't lay odds by saying, " Gee the Steelers only won by 3, the Ravens (True Browns) aren't quite as good as the Steelers so the spread should be way less. Fucking morons.

The Steelers are rated as one of the best teams in football because of many factors. They have playmakers, they have one of the NFL's best ever QBs, they have a hitting, intimidating culture that wears a lot of teams down physically and psychologically, they have one of the strongest team cultures in the history of the NFL, and they have a coaching staff that is proven to adjust well, and more often than not, come up with solutions in the toughest situations.

The Steelers 3 point win over the Browns was accomplished without risking injury to Ben. It was accomplished without showing a lot of their playbook. It was accomplished without really putting their foot on the gas pedal. In a 16-game season, there is not reason to put the pedal to the metal for a team running on a 4 cylinder engine. The experts watching this game saw a Steeler team that was never in jeopardy of losing the game, handle the Browns with kid gloves and basically toy with them like a child in a playpen. I promise you, had this been a playoff game or one with playoff ramifications, the Steelers would have come out breathing fire and pulling out all the stops.

For the Browns, Sunday was a Superbowl. For the Steelers it was a chance to take an easy win, not risk injuries, and keep the playbook close to the cuff. The experts/oddsmakers know this.

The uneducated (dimwit) fan says to himself.........."we only lost by 3 to the Steelers, this means we are going to give the Ravens a hard time"

Here is the truth of the matter. The Steelers laid back and gave Kizer room to expose himself. In doing so, they let the Ravens and other teams see how easy he is to neutralize. I would expect the Ravens to benefit from the path the Steelers paved. Division rivalry games ore generally close, even when one of the teams is otherwise shit.

I believe you will be surprised at how little the Browns have actually improved. Again, if Gordon shines, then you have a 4 -5 win team, Otherwise, 0 - 16 might happen.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't have anything to do with that.  I am not a board admin.   You need to talk to Zombo about that.

But, PurplePantyWaste is certainly an entertaining name for you.  What was it supposed to be?

Hah, it's been so long I don't remember. I just remember I had a lot of colorful conversations with you and I thought you were mod or admin, but now I do remember it being Zombo. He changed the name and in good fun I didn't fight it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

The problem you are having Stinks, is that these dumb fuck Browns fans are trying to add 1 + 1 to get 3.  The Ravens spread has absolutely nothing to do with last week. There is no comparison here. Vegas doesn't lay odds by saying, " Gee the Steelers only won by 3, the Ravens (True Browns) aren't quite as good as the Steelers so the spread should be way less. Fucking morons.

The Steelers are rated as one of the best teams in football because of many factors. They have playmakers, they have one of the NFL's best ever QBs, they have a hitting, intimidating culture that wears a lot of teams down physically and psychologically, they have one of the strongest team cultures in the history of the NFL, and they have a coaching staff that is proven to adjust well, and more often than not, come up with solutions in the toughest situations.

The Steelers 3 point win over the Browns was accomplished without risking injury to Ben. It was accomplished without showing a lot of their playbook. It was accomplished without really putting their foot on the gas pedal. In a 16-game season, there is not reason to put the pedal to the metal for a team running on a 4 cylinder engine. The experts watching this game saw a Steeler team that was never in jeopardy of losing the game, handle the Browns with kid gloves and basically toy with them like a child in a playpen. I promise you, had this been a playoff game or one with playoff ramifications, the Steelers would have come out breathing fire and pulling out all the stops.

For the Browns, Sunday was a Superbowl. For the Steelers it was a chance to take an easy win, not risk injuries, and keep the playbook close to the cuff. The experts/oddsmakers know this.

The uneducated (dimwit) fan says to himself.........."we only lost by 3 to the Steelers, this means we are going to give the Ravens a hard time"

Here is the truth of the matter. The Steelers laid back and gave Kizer room to expose himself. In doing so, they let the Ravens and other teams see how easy he is to neutralize. I would expect the Ravens to benefit from the path the Steelers paved. Division rivalry games ore generally close, even when one of the teams is otherwise shit.

I believe you will be surprised at how little the Browns have actually improved. Again, if Gordon shines, then you have a 4 -5 win team, Otherwise, 0 - 16 might happen.

 

 

 

Cogent points. Looking at the schedule I see 4-5 possible wins...Indy which is a trainwreck, Cincy at home unless they turn their ship around, Jets in tank mode and possibly the Texans which are an unknown. Outside of that the schedule is brutal especially the back half. Maybe steal another win at home for 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Cogent points.

Looking at the schedule I see 4-5 possible wins...Indy which is a trainwreck, Cincy at home unless they turn their ship around, Jets in tank mode and possibly the Texans which are an unknown. Outside of that the schedule is brutal especially the back half. Maybe steal another win at home for 5.

Not sure about the cogent bit... apparently Tuitt and Wilcox didn't get the "don't-get-hurt" memo, but otherwise...

Reasonable take... I see at least one more... a "rise-up" on the road and even a late, Week 17, "doesn't matter to the opponent" gift. Texans? Going to be a tough test by the time mid-October rolls around. I'm convinced they were distracted, and drained, by Harvey's aftermath. I think we'll see more of what they are really like this Sunday in Cinci.

Anyway I'm feeling 5-6...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not sure about the cogent bit... apparently Tuitt and Wilcox didn't get the "don't-get-hurt" memo, but otherwise...

Reasonable take... I see at least one more... a "rise-up" on the road and even a late, Week 17, "doesn't matter to the opponent" gift. Texans? Going to be a tough test by the time mid-October rolls around. I'm convinced they were distracted, and drained, by Harvey's aftermath. I think we'll see more of what they are really like this Sunday in Cinci.

Anyway I'm feeling 5-6...

I'll be honest, Cinci looked worse than they are because not only was our defense suffocating most of the time, but Dalton looked like trash. Like , worse than when he was a rookie. I've never liked Dalton, but he usually plays better than how he played last Sunday. Time will tell if that was an off game or something else. 

 

What are your thoughts on Kizer? I've heard mixed reviews, I haven't had a chance to go back and watch that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PurplePantyWaste said:

I'll be honest, Cinci looked worse than they are because not only was our defense suffocating most of the time, but Dalton looked like trash. Like , worse than when he was a rookie. I've never liked Dalton, but he usually plays better than how he played last Sunday. Time will tell if that was an off game or something else. 

Cinci sucks.  Your defense is average.

 

What are your thoughts on Kizer? I've heard mixed reviews, I haven't had a chance to go back and watch that game. 

I suggest you go and read the about 100 threads on here  on this subject to get everyone's views.  Just don't pay one goddamn bit of attention to what Ghoolie has to say....because he is constantly disingenuous just in an effort to stir up bullshit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

 

Our defense is average? What's your reasoning?

Im not overreacting to one game. Even last year we ranked number one for most of year till injuries to our secondary caught up with us and our pass rush wasn't great. Both are improved this year. 

 

but even with disagreement there, their offense stalled because whenever the defense wasn't in Daltons face and blanketing their receivers, Dalton just looked awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PurplePantyWaste said:

I'll be honest, Cinci looked worse than they are because not only was our defense suffocating most of the time, but Dalton looked like trash. Like , worse than when he was a rookie. I've never liked Dalton, but he usually plays better than how he played last Sunday. Time will tell if that was an off game or something else. 

What are your thoughts on Kizer? I've heard mixed reviews, I haven't had a chance to go back and watch that game. 

Agree on Dalton... I'm afraid McCarron will be starting by Week 4. But for me it's their OL's losses to FA that have doomed them for 2017.

Kizer? He has a chance. The physical tools are there as appears to be the willingness to work at becoming a NFL QB. Question for me is can he process what he sees fast enough for the NFL. Right now the answer is a resounding "not yet." But I'm looking for positive signs...

17 minutes ago, PurplePantyWaste said:

Our defense is average? What's your reasoning?

Reasoning? I assume you mean objective reasoning... Gipper? lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree on Dalton... I'm afraid McCarron will be starting by Week 4. But for me it's their OL's losses to FA that have doomed them for 2017.

Kizer? He has a chance. The physical tools are there as appears to be the willingness to work at becoming a NFL QB. Question for me is can he process what he sees fast enough for the NFL. Right now the answer is a resounding "not yet." But I'm looking for positive signs...

Reasoning? I assume you mean objective reasoning... Gipper? lol...

Yeah. I'm wondering if our pass rush is drastically improved and just improved and their o-line just was overmatched. Browns will be a good early test for that. But our secondary is definitely improved and we have a fast and big front seven. We just don't have a bone-fide number 1 pass rusher. But we have I think a solid rotation plus interior guys who can push the pocket  

 

Eh, you don't need to be the fastest processor. If you can make good pre-snap reads or just play look for one and dump if he's covered lol. That's how Hue treated Joe his rookie year. Joe isn't lightening fast on his reaction but he's gotten better at pre-snap reads and extending plays with his feet. I'll be interested to see how Kizer progresses. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×