boo fagley

Ravens open @ 7.5 point favorites

boo fagley    137

Am I reading that right? Flacco 9 completions - 17 attempts for 121 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT?

Pathetic and only Dalton had a worse day.

https://dwri.com/2017/09/cleveland-browns-vs-baltimore-ravens-schedule-odds-point-spread-nfl-week-2-preview-prediction.html

Tour2ma    1,427

Are you sure 7.5 is not the O/U?

• Upvote 2

The Gipper    1,169

I think the only question is:  Which of these mediocre teams is likely to win the division:  The Steelers or the Ravens.

I still think it is the Steelers because of two players:  BR and Brown, and Bell will help some, maybe.   The Rats don't have that.  Flacco is not as good as BR, and I don't think the Ravens have any WRs or RBs worth mentioning, do they?    

Ravens MIGHT have a better defense though.  They are being touted as being so great because they shut out the Bengals.

But, the fact is, the Bengals may indeed be in a fight with the Jets, 49ers, and Colts for the worst team in football. 

As for the Browns....they WILL continue to be competitive....and by no means end up as bad as the teams mentioned above.

StinkHole    213
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think the only question is:  Which of these mediocre teams is likely to win the division:  The Steelers or the Ravens.

Gee Gip, wouldn't your rather believe the browns were competitive against a damn good team on Sunday rather than a mediocre one?

LondonBrown    171

So the ravens get 7.5 at home but the Steelers got 10 on the road. Something there doesn't sit right with me 

The Gipper    1,169
13 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Gee Gip, wouldn't your rather believe the browns were competitive against a damn good team on Sunday rather than a mediocre one?

Yes, but I think I must be a realist, and I just don't think the Browns are there yet.  I think at this point they can be very competitive against the average teams...like Sunday, but they would not really be in it against a really good team.  The Steelers have 2-3 outstanding players that give them the edge against a lot of team.

As much as Ghoolie can be a schizophrenic dickhead......all things being equal, an outstanding set of skill players can make the difference in the game. The Steelers have a couple of those.  The Browns...to this point cannot be said to have skill players the equal of BR and AB.  

The Gipper    1,169
12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

So the ravens get 7.5 at home but the Steelers got 10 on the road. Something there doesn't sit right with me 

Well....I still think the Steelers are overrated....the national media thinks they are the next best challenge to the Patriots....that is one explanation.

But, I think they may believe the Ravens are not all that.  Which I do not think they are.  And maybe, just maybe they are giving the Browns a tad more respect.

Tour2ma    1,427
14 hours ago, StinkHole said:

We were... problem is you did not play like a "damn good team". And since the Week 17 rematch likely won't mean enough for you to play your starters... now it's see you next year.

It's going to be even more fun next year...

The Gipper    1,169
6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

We were... problem is you did not play like a "damn good team". And since the Week 17 rematch likely won't mean enough for you to play your starters... now it's see you next year.

I dont' know...it may be highly meaningful.   ..though I do think the Steelers will win the division.  (As bad as the Ravens beat the Bengals...I think that is more a sign of how bad the Bangles are...not how good the Ravens are).   While perhaps the Squibs will have the division rapped up.....they will be in a serious fight for seeding perhaps.  (though I fully expect them to come in at the #4 seed....with teams from the West/East/South all having better records. Still there could be  close race there)

jiggins7919    107

I'm going to completely shock everyone here by saying, "I don't have a good feeling about this game."  Ravens having 3 INT's really scares me, and they have to be licking their lips with a rookie QB coming to town.  Right now, I'm going with Sunday's game as kind of being a fluke.  I think the Steelers are quite a bit better than the score might indicate, and I don't think we're going to consistently contend that closely with playoff caliber teams.  

Sadly, I'd actually give us the winning prediction if we had Myles Garrett.  I think he's literally THAT important.  Although we played mostly coverage and didn't send a bunch of pressure last week, I think it's safe to say we're going to have difficulty getting sacks or pressure without our prized pony.  Not unless we send the house, and I'm not sure I like exposing our secondary like that.  In fact, I actually LOVED the "coverage" style defense we played, and we kept almost everything in front of us for the most part.  Now, we can't do that EVERY week because we'll get picked apart, but I think something similar against Flacco can work.  I can see him getting frustrated and taking some ill-advised chances.  

But Williams isn't going to do that in my mind.  No, he's going to unleash a multitude of blitzes, and I fear Joe Flacco's deep ball more than I fear anything else he can do.  Maybe I'm wrong, I sure hope I am.  Alas, I think we lose 31-13.  Kizer struggles mightily, and throws 2 INT's (one a pick 6), fumbles once, and has difficulty getting a rhythm.  The road atmosphere gets to him (like it does many rookies), and we get whipped royally in week 2.  

• Upvote 1

Tour2ma    1,427
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm going to completely shock everyone here by saying, "I don't have a good feeling about this game."

No shock here... I feel the same. I don't dread it, but I don't feel good about it.

Flacco is the question... and apparently Ravens fans think so as well. Just google "flacco news".

I joked earlier about whether the spread boo posted was the O/U, but I think this is going to be a low scoring game. You don't have to lose by a lot to be whipped...

The Gipper    1,169
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm going to completely shock everyone here by saying, "I don't have a good feeling about this game."  Ravens having 3 INT's really scares me, and they have to be licking their lips with a rookie QB coming to town.  Right now, I'm going with Sunday's game as kind of being a fluke.  I think the Steelers are quite a bit better than the score might indicate, and I don't think we're going to consistently contend that closely with playoff caliber teams.  

Sadly, I'd actually give us the winning prediction if we had Myles Garrett.  I think he's literally THAT important.  Although we played mostly coverage and didn't send a bunch of pressure last week, I think it's safe to say we're going to have difficulty getting sacks or pressure without our prized pony.  Not unless we send the house, and I'm not sure I like exposing our secondary like that.  In fact, I actually LOVED the "coverage" style defense we played, and we kept almost everything in front of us for the most part.  Now, we can't do that EVERY week because we'll get picked apart, but I think something similar against Flacco can work.  I can see him getting frustrated and taking some ill-advised chances.  

But Williams isn't going to do that in my mind.  No, he's going to unleash a multitude of blitzes, and I fear Joe Flacco's deep ball more than I fear anything else he can do.  Maybe I'm wrong, I sure hope I am.  Alas, I think we lose 31-13.  Kizer struggles mightily, and throws 2 INT's (one a pick 6), fumbles once, and has difficulty getting a rhythm.  The road atmosphere gets to him (like it does many rookies), and we get whipped royally in week 2.  

So....you seem to be saying you are basing your opinion on one single guy that has never played an NFL game.  If Garrett were here we would win, but since he isn't the Browns are going to get rolled.

I think you are being totally absurd.

I also think you place to much credit on the Ravens defense.  I think it is really about on par with the Steelers.

The only thing with any credibility in your entire post is the fact that Kizer may have "road jitters".  That could happen...just because it is his first time out there.   But that is about it.

Tour2ma    1,427

Had to go back and upvote jigs' post due to massive "credibility".

boo fagley    137
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, but I think I must be a realist, and I just don't think the Browns are there yet.  I think at this point they can be very competitive against the average teams...like Sunday, but they would not really be in it against a really good team.  The Steelers have 2-3 outstanding players that give them the edge against a lot of team.

As much as Ghoolie can be a schizophrenic dickhead......all things being equal, an outstanding set of skill players can make the difference in the game. The Steelers have a couple of those.  The Browns...to this point cannot be said to have skill players the equal of BR and AB.  

Actually Gip, the way the Browns are set up is not a bad thing.

In the Browns passing game who do you really have to shut down? Coleman? Devalve and Johnson would be the go to guys right now. Britt will come along. There really isnt any outstanding WR on the Browns to where if the other team takes him away the Browns are toothless. Just go to another WR. NE has won Super Bowls with nobody's playing WR. Troy Brown and David Patten. Branch and Givens.

For Pittsburgh, shut down Brown and you severely limit their offense.  Thats no easy task of course. If Brown gets injured Pitt has all their eggs in one basket.

boo fagley    137
55 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No shock here... I feel the same. I don't dread it, but I don't feel good about it.

Flacco is the question... and apparently Ravens fans think so as well. Just google "flacco news".

I joked earlier about whether the spread boo posted was the O/U, but I think this is going to be a low scoring game. You don't have to lose by a lot to be whipped...

Looks like a defensive battle for sure.

In the Browns favor, there is little film on Kizer for the Ravens to break down.

StinkHole    213
5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

LOL ok then,  what does say about the browns?

I would rather believe the browns had something to do with making the Steelers look average.

My feeling right now is that the Steelers are a way above average team, and the browns are not a joke anymore.

They are competitive and will win games this year.

The Gipper    1,169
1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

LOL ok then,  what does say about the browns?

I would rather believe the browns had something to do with making the Steelers look average.

My feeling right now is that the Steelers are a way above average team, and the browns are not a joke anymore.

They are competitive and will win games this year.

My feeling is almost the same....the Browns are not a joke....but the Steelers may indeed be average..by that I mean middle of the road.  3 Teams in AFCW may be better.   Two teams in AFCS.  1 team....and maybe another is close in the AFCE. I guess if you are the 6th or 7th best team in a 16 team division, that puts you somewhat above average. Browns are competitive, and will win some games....but they are still just awfully, awfully young.  33 of the 53 active players are in their first and second seasons. 

PoeticG    179

Browns will win this one. Hopefully. 1-1 

• Like 1

Ghoolie    384
On 9/11/2017 at 0:54 PM, The Gipper said:

I still think it is the Steelers because of two players:  BR and Brown, and Bell will help some, maybe.   The Rats don't have that.  Flacco is not as good as BR, and I don't think the Ravens have any WRs or RBs worth mentioning, do they?    

Ravens MIGHT have a better defense though.  They are being touted as being so great because they shut out the Bengals.

But, the fact is, the Bengals may indeed be in a fight with the Jets, 49ers, and Colts for the worst team in football. 

As for the Browns....they WILL continue to be competitive....and by no means end up as bad as the teams mentioned above.

BUT BUT BUT wait.................. I thought it was the D and the OL that wins games? How can the QB and a WR make that much difference? I mean, the Browns don't have either of those things, and we are really ding well.

The Steelers are loaded with talent. ESPN #1 Power Ranking as of today. THe Browns? In the shitter.

THe Ravens may very well end Kizer's season. THey will definately fuck him up. 12 sacks? Or will Hue have to bench him?

Ghoolie    384
On 9/11/2017 at 7:37 PM, Alkid3 said:

Nah we got this shit. We going to win this one.

LMAO. Yeah. No QB no skilled players....................... YEAH................. bring on the Lombardi