syd

Does Hue Panic

Ghoolie    384
1 hour ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Ghoolie, we both know it is not the Offensive Line.  IT IS THE LACK OF RUNNING BACKS.  We've had OLmen du jour since 1999 and the running game still sucks.  See a pattern here, folks

BINGO

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm probably the only guy in town that thinks Crowell is very overrated.. I just dont see greatness and heart in him like I saw in Mack and Byner... very average back IMO

I'm not a fan either. I think he's at best just slightly above average. 

He's not a gamechanger IMO. He's a guy who can be serviceable but shouldn't be the focal point.

wargograw    220
31 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

BINGO

Says the guy who has claimed to love Crowell. Good stuff. 

Tour2ma    1,428
15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

... 2 Going on Crow cus he can't see period in protection...

Not sure about one of them... the one where he and Zeitler both took the blitzing DB. I thought Zeitler had to look for the the delayed LB blitz by Shazier that came free. Simply better chance of Crow handling the DB. BUt have to look at the tape. Tretter may have had the better play to p/u Shazier if he was on a dbl-team.

14 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

I was surprised to see that the Texans did not stack and stop the JAX ground game.

22 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I'm not a fan either. I think he's at best just slightly above average. He's not a gamechanger IMO. He's a guy who can be serviceable but shouldn't be the focal point.

Crow has good burst, but questionable vision. Otherwise he is a complete back... but no, not a "gamechanger".

Tour2ma    1,428

And, no, Hue did not panic... PTG stuffed the run and contained Kizer in the pocket.

The only thing I saw that might have helped is if Kizer had kept the ball on a read-option or two. They really did not honor his keeping the ball. Needed to make them do so.

The Gipper    1,172
On 9/10/2017 at 8:44 PM, Ghoolie said:

WOW............ I really see the difference now that we have the highest paid OL in the NFL. FUCK.................Black Tarkenton only got sacked 6 times. SHIIIIIIIT.............I was wrong, we need MORE of the fatass offensive linemen.................Thank God we don't have Cam any more. The running game and the pass protection was so fucking phenomenal today. Oh my God what a difference this new OL makes. ONLY 6 SACKS..................I sure am eating crow today.

You should be because you have just made a completely off base analysis.  The OL actually DID provide some outstanding protection...however, the rookie QB made numerous mistakes in not getting rid of the ball...when he had plenty of time.  (Do you actually watch the plays as they actually happen....or do you just look at it and say" "oh, he was sacked 6 times...our OL looked shitty.  ANYONE who watched the game knows that was not the case. They know that the rookie QB held the ball way too long on most of those sacks.  Either you didn't watch it, or you can't tell shit from shinola about what you are actually seeing. 

• Like 1

The Gipper    1,172
5 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

To be fair, the steelers say the same thing about their team, but did even worse than the Browns in the run game. 32 yards and 0 TDs from a player that some consider to be the best RB in the league sets the bar pretty low. 

Fair point.   These ARE two of the best OLs in the game....and they couldn't ...or wouldn't run. 

hoorta    901
17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

WOW............ I really see the difference now that we have the highest paid OL in the NFL. FUCK.................Black Tarkenton only got sacked 6 times. SHIIIIIIIT.............I was wrong, we need MORE of the fatass offensive linemen.................Thank God we don't have Cam any more. The running game and the pass protection was so fucking phenomenal today. Oh my God what a difference this new OL makes. ONLY 6 SACKS..................I sure am eating crow today.

Says the guy.  "Kizer holds onto the ball too damn long". Honest Injun Hoorta say: Ghoolie speak with forked tongue out of both sides of mouth". 

Ghoolie    384
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Says the guy.  "Kizer holds onto the ball too damn long". Honest Injun Hoorta say: Ghoolie speak with forked tongue out of both sides of mouth". 

Hoorta, what are you smoking? I am 100% consistent. I told you jackoffs all along that there never was anything wrong with the Browns offensive line. No fucking OL can block 8 men.

• Kizer holds on to the ball too fucking long
  • We have no WRs who threaten anyone
  • We have at best, a C+ running game

The Fucking OL was never an issue. The same bullshit offensive problems the Browns had last year, they are having now. You got your fucking dream OL Larry. THe most expensive OL in the world. And you got 7 sacks to go along with.

Offensive Linemen are a dime-a-dozen. Cam "the turnstyle" will have a very good career now that he is out of shit town. I never saw a dumber bunch of football fans in my life. Cleveland is the only team that can win without a QB and without skilled players. Enjoy the Ravens. They are goint to destroy Black Tarkenton. This kid blows. He is Mike Pagel with legs. Horrible, horrible.

The Gipper    1,172
13 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Hoorta, what are you smoking? I am 100% consistent. I told you jackoffs all along that there never was anything wrong with the Browns offensive line. No fucking OL can block 8 men.

• Kizer holds on to the ball too fucking long
  • We have no WRs who threaten anyone
  • We have at best, a C+ running game

The Fucking OL was never an issue. The same bullshit offensive problems the Browns had last year, they are having now. You got your fucking dream OL Larry. THe most expensive OL in the world. And you got 7 sacks to go along with.

Offensive Linemen are a dime-a-dozen. Cam "the turnstyle" will have a very good career now that he is out of shit town. I never saw a dumber bunch of football fans in my life. Cleveland is the only team that can win without a QB and without skilled players. Enjoy the Ravens. They are goint to destroy Black Tarkenton. This kid blows. He is Mike Pagel with legs. Horrible, horrible.

To quote my Dad:  You(re opinions) are about as useless as tits on a boar hog.   Because you are so totally inconsistent and self contradicktory. Black is white, White is Black. 

maxresdefault.jpg

miktoxic    1,096
8 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

To be fair, the steelers say the same thing about their team, but did even worse than the Browns in the run game. 32 yards and 0 TDs from a player that some consider to be the best RB in the league sets the bar pretty low. 

shady mccoy? zeke? 

guess they addressed their OL needs. 

pittsburgh is holding on for dear life, holding onto a 7 story ledge with lenny brisoe comin over to step on their fingers.

Orion    125
2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I told you jackoffs all along that there never was anything wrong with the Browns offensive line.

And you've been wrong all along.

We no longer have to have Cam Erving playing on our OL.  Therefore the OL is better.

• Upvote 1

Mudfly    938

Tretter was garbage yesterday.....cant say I watch him specifically, but had no choice to notice when he was completely owned.....he's the sole reason for 2 of those sacks.....

Tacosman    14
23 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

jacksonville won 1 stinking game.  When they handed the ball to MJD a lot and tried that approach they were the nfl's worst team(the year led the league in carries and yards)

tiamat63    356
57 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

jacksonville won 1 stinking game.  When they handed the ball to MJD a lot and tried that approach they were the nfl's worst team(the year led the league in carries and yards)

Well the running game and defense has been the winning formula for Seattle the past 5 years.      Naturally I was being a bit of an ass but point being,  run first teams still have a place in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

miktoxic    1,096
1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Well the running game and defense has been the winning formula for Seattle the past 5 years.      Naturally I was being a bit of an ass but point being,  run first teams still have a place in the NFL.

well that takes a good OL and a RB with full field vision, physicality and speed.........and the browns....uh, no.

LondonBrown    171
6 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

well that takes a good OL and a RB with full field vision, physicality and speed.........and the browns....uh, no.

The Seahawks have a good OL??

miktoxic    1,096
Just now, LondonBrown said:

The Seahawks have a good OL??

don't know.....don't care.......

they prob have a good coach and good RBs.

when do we give up on the crow and duke experiment? all i do know is our OL and RBs are not 'special' (see dallas)

TexasAg1969    590
16 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

mik and London-see my comment under "Team Grades"thread

hoorta    901
1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

He's not a Zeke Elliott, but serviceable. 

miktoxic    1,096
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

yeah as a fullback.

when do you see that anymore in the NFL?

The Gipper    1,172
10 hours ago, miktoxic said:

don't know.....don't care.......

they prob have a good coach and good RBs.

when do we give up on the crow and duke experiment? all i do know is our OL and RBs are not 'special' (see dallas)

Actually, no, they have a bad OL and nothing to speak about at RB.  That is going to be a big problem for them.

Tour2ma    1,428
8 hours ago, hoorta said:

This...

He's a decent runner, receiver and pass blocker... a/k/a a complete back. Problem is he is not an exceptional runner... is not blessed with exceptional vision.