THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Hue Panic

syd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to talk to myself what happened to are run heavy offense hue ? sure it was only  30 to 25  but sure as hell seemed to me that hue did not help out kizer with the lack of rushing attempts 

edit : add in the 7 sacks that makes it 37 to 25

New flash:  It's a passing league for a reason.  It's VERY hard to get anywhere running the ball.

Even the Steelers couldn't run the ball.  So they passed...even more than WE did.

actually, he ran on first down a lot more than I would have. I wanted Kizer to come out Bernie Kosar style, and launch

a long bomb way downfield to get their attention. Instead, they cheated up on the los, figuring that with his first start,

they would start off a bit conservative short game wise.

Did you notice the time that he ran on first down bringing up 2nd and 9...Then ran on second down bringing up 3rd and 8?  

They don't give ya 10 downs to make a first down.  And ya shouldn't keep running just to be pig headed about it.

wait ? what ? 10 downs for a first down sounds like a novel idea and I think I would have been pig headed about it as many times that kizer was getting sacked and putting us at a third and 25 compared to a third and 8 you just spoke of

18 minutes ago, syd said:

my god it doesn't mean you just stop trying 

edit:also I could give a rats ass as to what pittspuke did 

When you try to break a brick with your head multiple times to no avail you typically stop when your head splits open,......................lol just sayin'

Hues play-calling today was fine.. EXCEPT FOR THAT 1 miserable WR BUBBLE SCREEN that FOOLS NO-ONE..Tours right..Get Kizer to move the pocket, split the field in Half with receivers.Plus a bonus to get rid of it using sidelines..Ravens defense...Come on Hue

WOW............ I really see the difference now that we have the highest paid OL in the NFL. FUCK.................Black Tarkenton only got sacked 6 times. SHIIIIIIIT.............I was wrong, we need MORE of the fatass offensive linemen.................Thank God we don't have Cam any more. The running game and the pass protection was so fucking phenomenal today. Oh my God what a difference this new OL makes. ONLY 6 SACKS..................I sure am eating crow today.

29 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

WOW............ I really see the difference now that we have the highest paid OL in the NFL. FUCK.................Black Tarkenton only got sacked 6 times. SHIIIIIIIT.............I was wrong, we need MORE of the fatass offensive linemen.................Thank God we don't have Cam any more. The running game and the pass protection was so fucking phenomenal today. Oh my God what a difference this new OL makes. ONLY 6 SACKS..................I sure am eating crow today.

Ha..I knew sooner or later you'd get it wrong...Kizer was sacked 7 times! lol.

Twice from Steelers first round pick TJ Watt who also intercepted him.

That aside, the browns played one heck of a game. This type of game is the way I felt it would go when I predicted that the Steelers "should' win but wouldn't be surprised if the browns pulled it off.  The browns came close to winning this game.

pick your cherries dumb-arrsseS..if you'd watch tape. You'd see what the issue was? I'd hang 3 on Kizer holding it. 3 on the OL with 2 Going on Crow cus he can't see period in protection ..Rosenhouse can pay Crow for that effort today..

1 hour ago, syd said:

my god it doesn't mean you just stop trying 

edit:also I could give a rats ass as to what pittspuke did 

are you for real?  The nfl is a passing league.  We couldnt run the ball worth a shit today.  And we still ran it 20 times.  And got nothing out of it.  You arent going to win in the nfl in 2017 by lining up and running isiah freaking crowell(anyone) or  into the line....jesus christ.

4 hours ago, Tacosman said:

are you for real?  The nfl is a passing league.  We couldnt run the ball worth a shit today.  And we still ran it 20 times.  And got nothing out of it.  You arent going to win in the nfl in 2017 by lining up and running isiah freaking crowell(anyone) or  into the line....jesus christ.

I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

8 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Because Crowell averaged less than 2 YPC, probably.

Jesus

To everyone on here who said we have such a great OL and we are strong at RB position.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

told you so.

4 hours ago, miktoxic said:

To everyone on here who said we have such a great OL and we are strong at RB position.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

told you so.

To be fair, the steelers say the same thing about their team, but did even worse than the Browns in the run game. 32 yards and 0 TDs from a player that some consider to be the best RB in the league sets the bar pretty low. 

12 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Because Crowell averaged less than 2 YPC, probably.

Jesus

I'm probably the only guy in town that thinks Crowell is very overrated.. I just dont see greatness and heart in him like I saw in Mack and Byner... very average back IMO

35 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm probably the only guy in town that thinks Crowell is very overrated.. I just dont see greatness and heart in him like I saw in Mack and Byner... very average back IMO

While we disagree on Kizer you and I are in agreement here. Terrible vision and the worst balance of any back in the league. I'd love to see us grab Dion Lewis back from the Pats. 

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ghoolie, we both know it is not the Offensive Line.  IT IS THE LACK OF RUNNING BACKS.  We've had OLmen du jour since 1999 and the running game still sucks.  See a pattern here, folks

I'd say the only two things Hue probably wishes he had back yesterday was not kicking an onside kick when after the penalty he was kicking off from the 50 anyway, and calling that second time out before challenging the catch on Bell. 

Run game just wasn't there. No sense in beating your head against a stump. 

6 hours ago, miktoxic said:

told you so.

You also told us we'd be terrible and we're clearly not. Take your pick. 

1 hour ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Ghoolie, we both know it is not the Offensive Line.  IT IS THE LACK OF RUNNING BACKS.  We've had OLmen du jour since 1999 and the running game still sucks.  See a pattern here, folks

BINGO

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm not a fan either. I think he's at best just slightly above average. 

He's not a gamechanger IMO. He's a guy who can be serviceable but shouldn't be the focal point.

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

... 2 Going on Crow cus he can't see period in protection...

Not sure about one of them... the one where he and Zeitler both took the blitzing DB. I thought Zeitler had to look for the the delayed LB blitz by Shazier that came free. Simply better chance of Crow handling the DB. BUt have to look at the tape. Tretter may have had the better play to p/u Shazier if he was on a dbl-team.

14 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

I was surprised to see that the Texans did not stack and stop the JAX ground game.

22 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I'm not a fan either. I think he's at best just slightly above average. He's not a gamechanger IMO. He's a guy who can be serviceable but shouldn't be the focal point.

Crow has good burst, but questionable vision. Otherwise he is a complete back... but no, not a "gamechanger".

And, no, Hue did not panic... PTG stuffed the run and contained Kizer in the pocket.

The only thing I saw that might have helped is if Kizer had kept the ball on a read-option or two. They really did not honor his keeping the ball. Needed to make them do so.

Archived