THE BROWNS BOARD

Yank ogbah for orchard next week....

Clevfan4life

Steelers got the edge on ogbah all day today. They didnt run for shit but when they did it was always to his fucking side. Maybe im wrong but i didnt see pgh get the edge once to their left, which means nassib and holmes did their jobs. 

Maybe nassib realized he was playing today for meaningful time in garetts absence and ogbah thinks his LDE spot is secure so lets not exert too much. Williams needs to light a fire under that ass. Nassib wasnt doninant by any means but he was flying all over the place and actually pushed double teams back a few feet. I saw nassib make a tackle on bell from the other side if the field after ogbah got sealed. I was critical of nassibs pre season but if this is what we got now he has to be in there with garett

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Garrett obviously revlaims his RDE spot but LDE is up for grabs now imo. Nassib and orchard outplayed ogbah today. If it were my def ogbah would back up garrett and nassib/orchard would rotate in on the other side. 

Williams is more concerned with keeping fresh legs out there always  running at 100%. Starters don't matter, team play does.

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Garrett obviously revlaims his RDE spot but LDE is up for grabs now imo.

I'd actually like to see Garrett work at LDE some. See what he can do vs. RTs who have more speed issues than their LT brethren...

19 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Our d gassed a bit toward the end, we really missed garett....ben had too much time to throw in that final quarter

I saw our defense doing an awful lot of just 3 man rushes.  I didn't think that was the way Gregg Williams operated. It seemed that overall BR had way to much time on his hands to throw usually.

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Garrett obviously revlaims his RDE spot but LDE is up for grabs now imo. Nassib and orchard outplayed ogbah today. If it were my def ogbah would back up garrett and nassib/orchard would rotate in on the other side. 

The intent of this defense was always to have some kind of a rotation by bringing fresh players in and out of the game.  All 3 of the guys you mention, plus Garrett, will get a lot of time on the field.

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I'd actually like to see Garrett work at LDE some. See what he can do vs. RTs who have more speed issues than their LT brethren...

I think this plays into the hands of Williams looking for scheme versatile matchups/players.      If you can get Miles some work on a RT that happens to the be the weakside and (god willing) no chip help - I think you'll see him destroy a QB.  

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I get the whole rotation thing but obviously starters get the most snaps. Id like to see ogbahs snaps reduced in favor of nassib and orchard

I will leave that decision to the coaches that are paid to make those decisions.   I don't care who starts or who substitutes. I just want all of them to play good.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I will leave that decision to the coaches that are paid to make those decisions.   I don't care who starts or who substitutes. I just want all of them to play good.

I agree but when guys step up and play better they ought to be rewarded with more onfield time. Ogbahs also forgotten how to maintain edge control so theres multiple variables here that dictate less snaps for og. 

Archived