THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer

LondonBrown

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Quick note on migraines...

Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.

I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.

Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.

You can have them, thank you.   

Reminds me, late last year when I was having my eye problems, I was having some serious headaches with it.  The eye doctor asked if this was the worst headache I ever had.  I thought about it a moment but said "its pretty bad, but no....I have had some sinus infections in the past where the headaches were worse.  With those, it felt like someone took a baseball bat and hit me squarely on the forehead. And that is what it felt like.  I suspect that migraines are a bit like that.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that our running game needs to be better EARLY in the game, but that's kind of tough when teams are probably selling out on the run in hopes of making us pass the rock.  Unfortunately, I think we're in a situation where we have to pass to set up the run.  Kizer needs to hit on some early passes, then Crow needs to hit on a couple of runs, and then the play-action game needs to hit the home run.  

I am so SICK AND TIRED of always seeing 3rd and a damn mile.  Some of that has to do with the running game completely sucking, and part of it has to do with penalties.  Regardless, we need to get in "3rd and manageable" or else Kizer is going to have yet another tough day.  Like I said in another post, don't be surprised if you see us running the ball some on 3rd and longs (if the game is close).  Sometimes punting isn't always the worst idea.  

I urge everyone not to be TOO down on Kizer.  He's played two very tough opponents, and we know he didn't play well.  Plenty of other rookie QB's started off just as poorly, so let's not hit the panic button too hard.  

True... order of establishment really doesn't matter in today's NFL. So long as one is established, the other becomes easier. Which is our chicken vs egg? Beats me... looks like we have two eggs at this point.

Agree on Kizer... too early to get down and we did go from tough to really, really tough Defense in first two weeks.

18 hours ago, Mudfly said:

.....that you must actually establish a running game, prior to abandoning it........

Bingo...

Here's the problem guys(one of them, at least).....we have no receivers who demand extra attention. Plain and simple.

ALL our guys are getting single man coverage, without any help(every play)......which allows teams to stack the box against the run and STILL have the capability of covering our receivers....this allows them to cover both sides of the field....every play....

Add one blind RB....a rookie QB.....and a vanilla offensive scheme and this is what you get.....

On 9/18/2017 at 11:45 AM, boo fagley said:

Like that time you had in the Exxon filling station rest room?

No, that ass fucking was actually an ass fucking, with a penis in my ass. The Colt's ass fucking will be a figurative one. Please, get your mind out of my ass, and back to football. Speaking of cock, can you imagine how nice Michelle Obama's cock is? How many times do you think "she" bent that Kenyan fuck hole over?

14 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Here's the problem guys(one of them, at least).....we have no receivers who demand extra attention. Plain and simple.

ALL our guys are getting single man coverage, without any help(every play)......which allows teams to stack the box against the run and STILL have the capability of covering our receivers....this allows them to cover both sides of the field....every play....

Add one blind RB....a rookie QB.....and a vanilla offensive scheme and this is what you get.....

Vanilla?  What?  Haven't you seen all the motion and movement Hue incorporates.....and all the trick plays that he constantly incorporates.....all of which has brought us so much success?

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:09 AM, boo fagley said:

For a team that wins 1 game, 8 wins is a huge leap.

Guess what? There are 31 losers every NFL season. Only 1 teams achieves what all 32 teams set out to accomplish. Steelers and Bungles are in the same boat. The Bungles find new ways to go 1 and done every post season and the Steelers for the last 8 years lose the next weekend. How would you like to have a HOF QB who is wasting away his years as a Steeler?

Yeah, im sure the other NFL teams are shaking their heads, A rookie QB in his first NFL start was sacked 7 times when he could have thrown the ball away on half of them

What the fuck?   This is a reach like no other. 

4 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Its true

Bens career is slipping away with only 1 super bowl to show for it.

Last time I looked....he was the starter in 2 SB wins...and the loser in another.   While in the first win, the Steelers won in spite of his performance, they still won.

Just setting the record straight.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:07 AM, hoorta said:

You got a short attention span. Bubby Brister and Kordell Stewart ring any bells for you? 

During Kordell Stewarts years as a starter in the 90's he led Steeler teams to 13-3, 11-5, 7-9, and 9-7, and the playoffs.

Brister was starting QB from 1988 to 90. ...9-7, 9-7, and 6-10.

The 80's,  considered by Steeler standards as their "down years" had only 3 losing seasons. They produced teams that made the playoffs 4 times including  losing to Denver in a divisional playoff game...a Steeler team led by the one and only  Bubby Brister.

...Denver who by the way  moved on to play the browns in the Conference championship....yet another thing you can hate the Steelers for, because they would have most likely beaten Bubby Bristers Steelers and been playing in the Super Bowl.

Since the formation of the new league in 1970 and the newly established Super Bowl era, the Steelers have had  only 9 losing seasons.

Nine losing seasons. That's really all you need to know.

Yeah Ghoolie is a bit harsh at times  but he owns you on this.

Some good info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger

Drop mic.

11 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

During Kordell Stewarts years as a starter in the 90's he led Steeler teams to 13-3, 11-5, 7-9, and 9-7, and the playoffs.

Brister was starting QB from 1988 to 90. ...9-7, 9-7, and 6-10.

The 80's,  considered by Steeler standards as their "down years" had only 3 losing seasons. They produced teams that made the playoffs 4 times including  losing to Denver in a divisional playoff game...a Steeler team led by the one and only  Bubby Brister.

...Denver who by the way  moved on to play the browns in the Conference championship....yet another thing you can hate the Steelers for, because they would have most likely beaten Bubby Bristers Steelers and been playing in the Super Bowl.

Since the formation of the new league in 1970 and the newly established Super Bowl era, the Steelers have had  only 9 losing seasons.

Nine losing seasons. That's really all you need to know.

Yeah Ghoolie is a bit harsh at times  but he owns you on this.

Some good info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger

Drop mic.

Ghoolie don't own nobody on this.  Any tool can cite the records.  Even you.

18 hours ago, Mudfly said:

YAWN. YWAN. DOUBLE YAWN. Seriously dude, you are a master of the obvious. The real thing is, I told you dickheads this before the draft, before the 2016 draft. I have been telling you all along. The D, the OL, EVERYTHING.........................depends on the skilled players. Without a challenging QB, TEs, WRs, RBs........................none of the other shit matters.

Hoorta came in his pants when he learned the Browns have the highest paid OL in the history of the NFL. Now he is shitting his pants because as yours truly pointed out.............Offensive Linemen are blubber ass, meaningless, dime-a-dozen fat-asses who can be interchanged at a moments notice.

Repeat after me and learn something about football....come on, all you dickheads,  stand at attention before me and repeat.........................

FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK EIGHT MEN 

Mud, really, funny ass post. You go through the draft, preseason and 2 shit games, blasting me................. only to come in here and throw up into your own bush, admitting that what I have been saying since 1999 is the problem with the Browns. If your skilled players cannot challenge the opposing D, they stay home..........they ignore ALL YOUR PLAY CALLING..................they eliminate the need for you to have an offensive plan or play book. Opposing defenses have TWO SCHEMES against the Browns.

Jam the LIne

Don't double cover unless ony a couple guys run deep patterns.

Iditiots. Browns fans are idiots.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Its true

Bens career is slipping away with only 1 super bowl to show for it.

What is slipping away is your fucking pea brain. Ben has played in 3 Superbowls. He has 2 wins and one loss. He is a HOF lock. 

Tom Flugel was giving Phil Sewage and Romeo the Doughnut manscapes and chanting "In Sewage We Trust" when the Browns passed on Ben.

The Steelers are so much a better franchise than the Browns, and this is ALL TIME, not just since 1999, it is sickening. As the stats Stinks pointed out, since the AFL-NFL merger, and this is the real start of the modern era of the NFL, the browns have been a joke. Worse however, are Browns fans. Browns fans are actually convinced that they understand football better than anyone else. Browns fans believe that what Cleveland does is cutting edge and that people like me are just too uneducated to see the vision.

Yeah...............the vision..................DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ACQUIRING PLAYMAKERS..........................Great fucking vision. How is that working out for you dickheads?

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Mud, really, funny ass post. You go through the draft, preseason and 2 shit games, blasting me................. only to come in here and throw up into your own bush, admitting that what I have been saying since 1999 is the problem with the Browns. If your skilled players cannot challenge the opposing D, they stay home..........they ignore ALL YOUR PLAY CALLING..................they eliminate the need for you to have an offensive plan or play book. Opposing defenses have TWO SCHEMES against the Browns.

Jam the LIne

Don't double cover unless ony a couple guys run deep patterns.

Yawn again. Only problem is a lot of times, the Ravens weren't rushing 8- they didn't have to. Because as Mud pointed out, and I've said when you weren't paying attention- Kizer was getting sacked waiting for our lousy WRs to get open. Well it's T-Minus 24 hours for Gordon to get out of rehab jail, we'll see what happens there. FYI, bang on Coleman all you want, but about every pre-draft publication had him as the best WR prospect in that draft. FWIW, I didn't like that multiple trade down either- I wanted Carson Wentz. 

I suppose you didn't bother to look at the DBN breakdown of every one of those 5 turnovers. Please notice the guy feebly attempting to get by Joe Thomas was an epic FAIL. Yeah- you can blame the qb. Both on one of the interceptions or the strip sack our GREAT offensive line gave Kizer plenty of time. In the case of one of the Ints, 4.5 seconds to be exact. So golly gee, your not so astute observation that Kizer hold the ball too long happens to be correct. The one in the endzone follows Hoorta's astute observation that Kizer isn't very accurate. He had Higgins open for a TD, and threw the ball 5 feet behind him. HIs first int was a poorly thrown ball to a wide open Duke Johnson for good measure.  Hogan's Heroes was feeling it, and threw his interception almost 10 yards short into triple coverage. So do the math genius. Those three plays cost the Browns 13 points at least- and considering the Ravens scored a last minute TD off of Hogan's turnover- I can make a case based on a make\miss scenario the Browns might actually have won that game. 

So repeat after me- YOU DON'T WIN GAMES IN THE NFL IF YOU TURN THE BALL OVER 5 TIMES

& LOL, OL doesn't make a difference? Toooo easy.   According to Pro Football Focus, Hoyer's two games are second only to Andy Dalton of the Cincinnati Bengals in terms of awfulness, but at least Dalton has the excuse of playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league this season (31 total sacks, hits and hurries allowed, fifth-most). Bungles OL - Whitworth and Zeitler = suckage + potential to get your QB killed. Now what was that about 11-5? 

Of course I did. How can you be a Browns fan and NOT be a dickhead. You dickheads are dickheads because you believe in bullshit. I am a dickhead because I believe there is hope for you dickheads. I guess I am the lead dickhead.

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Of course I did. How can you be a Browns fan and NOT be a dickhead. You dickheads are dickheads because you believe in bullshit. I am a dickhead because I believe there is hope for you dickheads. I guess I am the lead dickhead.

Finally,  Consensus!!!   Close down the Board!!:lol:

Here is a scary statistic I heard on our radio show:  Deshone Kizer is leading the NFL in passing attempts over 15 yards per game.  Do you have ANY idea how ridiculous that is when you consider we have a rookie QB AND we don't have the personnel to really go deep consistently?  One of the more frustrating aspects of the Ravens' game was that their offensive game plan looked EXACTLY like what ours SHOULD'VE been.  Flacco started off with quick, short passes, and then he also had several bootlegs and waggles that took advantage of our aggressiveness and gave him EASY throws to the TE.  High percentage throws that are easy to make...exactly what we needed.  So what do WE dial up?  Why, we dial up long pass, after long pass which leaves are young QB open to making errant passes and taking sacks.  I just can't understand it.  

I really think that if we're going to win, Kizer's stat line needs to look something like this:  15-24 for 165 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.  If he's going to pass it 40 times a game, I think we're in trouble.  It also goes without saying that our running game needs to come to life, and I think it will.  For some reason, I think we WILL open the game up with short, quicker style throws, and I think we'll actually use this quick passing game to set up the run game.  If you have Crow in fantasy, I'd really think about starting him this week.  Not only do I think he's going to have a solid day on the ground, I think we're going to pass him the ball quite a bit too.  Crow is a far better receiver than he's given credit for, and I can really see him being the bell cow both on the ground and in the air.  Crow and Duke will both have good games, as I don't believe we'll be forcing the ball down the field NEARLY as often this game.  

If you guys don't have access to the "all 22" view, consider yourself lucky.  On about the 21st offensive play of the day, we had an 80 yard touchdown to Corey Coleman.  I'm serious, you have no idea how open he was, and the reason you don't is because Kizer was sacked instead by Mosely.  So how did we miss an 80 yard touchdown?  Both Crow and Vitale mixed up their pass protection signals, and neither went to pick up Mosely, and BOTH went to the side of the pocket.  It was one of the most "Cleveland Brownsiest" plays of all time, and it's literally the difference between having a big play, versus just being us.  When I tell you that Corey Coleman was open and streaking down the field with NO DEEP HELP, I mean he was freaking open.  Kizer could've just lobbed the ball up in the air for a huge play, and any decent throw is an 80 yard touchdown.  

Listen, this next game is going to be ugly, and there's no way around that.  The Colts are a shit show, but they at least lost in OT.  Wouldn't that be nice right about now?  To actually lose in OT versus turning it over 5 times?  Well, maybe it wouldn't be nice, but you get the point.  I don't think the Cardinals are the bastion of talent and efficiency, but they aren't a total waste either.  The Colts KNOW they have to win this game in front of their home crowd, so we're going to get their A+ effort.  We only win if we change our offensive game plan to include more quick passes, some misdirection rollouts, a FAR better running game, and one or fewer turnovers.  We all know Kizer played terrible, so there's no real reason to go back over it.  Instead, let's focus on how he'll respond.  What does he do after playing the worst game in his life?  Will he hesitate?  Will he hold the ball LONGER because he's scared to turn it over?  Or will he respond favorably?  Don't forget Joe Flacco had a 5 interception game as a rookie (I think...I could be wrong).  Many rookies have shitty games.  Let's see how both Hue and Kizer respond, and let's see if we can actually start the game off QUICKLY for once.  

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

Some of you just don't get it.

All Kizer needs is better blocking.

Next draft we have to draft a Center, Right Tackle & Left Tackle of the future.

You forgot to put the sarcasm in pink. :)   

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Some of you just don't get it.

All Kizer needs is better blocking.

Next draft we have to draft a Center, Right Tackle & Left Tackle of the future.

Fucking fat ass offensive linemen....... DIME A DOZEN........................ and THIS is where this fuck hold team spends their money. Hey Hoorta....why don't you see if Joe Thomas will block for you at Wal Mart come Black Tarkenton Friday?

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

You forgot to put the sarcasm in pink. :)   

You ruined it!

I had the sympathy card all filled out, stamped and addressed to Ghoolie's wife.  I was sure it would bring on the BIG ONE...and you ruined it.  

On 9/20/2017 at 10:14 AM, The Gipper said:

Vanilla?  What?  Haven't you seen all the motion and movement Hue incorporates.....and all the trick plays that he constantly incorporates.....all of which has brought us so much success?

Trick plays??......I see excessive motion before plays(along with delay of game penalties)......Hues idea of a trick play is to move a bunch of guys, pre snap.....stupid shit that fools no one.....how about some creative "plays" Hue?.....how about some PA?.....how about plays that help your rookie team succeed?.....how about using the best tools you have....like 2 good RB's.....instead of leaning HEAVILY on your rookie QB and pathetic WR corps.....??????????????????????????????????????

44 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Trick plays??......I see excessive motion before plays(along with delay of game penalties)......Hues idea of a trick play is to move a bunch of guys, pre snap.....stupid shit that fools no one.....how about some creative "plays" Hue?.....how about some PA?.....how about plays that help your rookie team succeed?.....how about using the best tools you have....like 2 good RB's.....instead of leaning HEAVILY on your rookie QB and pathetic WR corps.....??????????????????????????????????????

It really is puzzling. Hue decides to start a very young, not terribly experienced rookie at QB but doesn't seem to do much to make it easier for him.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It really is puzzling. Hue decides to start a very young, not terribly experienced rookie at QB but doesn't seem to do much to make it easier for him.

"Huegottabelieve"/"Baby Steps"/"Trust me on this one"/"Hopefully will lead to success" https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/08/27/browns-rookie-quarterback-kizer-will-start-opener/105032476/ about paragraph 5..Hue"I think "It(Hue?)"will forward him the ability to run the offense as we move forward(?),which HOPEFULLY will lead to success" Edit--Does Hue reel in Kizer now after Ravens? HOPEFULLY>>>  

On 9/20/2017 at 1:31 PM, hoorta said:

Yawn again. Only problem is a lot of times, the Ravens weren't rushing 8- they didn't have to. Because as Mud pointed out, and I've said when you weren't paying attention- Kizer was getting sacked waiting for our lousy WRs to get open. Well it's T-Minus 24 hours for Gordon to get out of rehab jail, we'll see what happens there. FYI, bang on Coleman all you want, but about every pre-draft publication had him as the best WR prospect in that draft. FWIW, I didn't like that multiple trade down either- I wanted Carson Wentz. 

I suppose you didn't bother to look at the DBN breakdown of every one of those 5 turnovers. Please notice the guy feebly attempting to get by Joe Thomas was an epic FAIL. Yeah- you can blame the qb. Both on one of the interceptions or the strip sack our GREAT offensive line gave Kizer plenty of time. In the case of one of the Ints, 4.5 seconds to be exact. So golly gee, your not so astute observation that Kizer hold the ball too long happens to be correct. The one in the endzone follows Hoorta's astute observation that Kizer isn't very accurate. He had Higgins open for a TD, and threw the ball 5 feet behind him. HIs first int was a poorly thrown ball to a wide open Duke Johnson for good measure.  Hogan's Heroes was feeling it, and threw his interception almost 10 yards short into triple coverage. So do the math genius. Those three plays cost the Browns 13 points at least- and considering the Ravens scored a last minute TD off of Hogan's turnover- I can make a case based on a make\miss scenario the Browns might actually have won that game. 

So repeat after me- YOU DON'T WIN GAMES IN THE NFL IF YOU TURN THE BALL OVER 5 TIMES

& LOL, OL doesn't make a difference? Toooo easy.   According to Pro Football Focus, Hoyer's two games are second only to Andy Dalton of the Cincinnati Bengals in terms of awfulness, but at least Dalton has the excuse of playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league this season (31 total sacks, hits and hurries allowed, fifth-most). Bungles OL - Whitworth and Zeitler = suckage + potential to get your QB killed. Now what was that about 11-5? 

I never said the Ravens or anyone else rushed 8. Of course they don't have to.... KIZER BLOWS    HUE JACKSON BLOWS.   THE BROWNS HAVE NO SKILLED PLAYERS.

What I said was, the Defense stays home, they don't bite on play fakes.....FIVE MEN CANNOT BLOCK 8. The offensive line is next to fucking meaningless. The Browns have NO SKILLED PLAYERS. 

Colts win....Bengals Win

Enjoy your fucking all time high NFL paid OL. Means NOTHING.

Archived