Jump to content

Recommended Posts

tiamat63    353

Made some big mistakes.  Did some good things and some things he did just 'ok'.  

Still gets locked into his primary at times, holds onto the ball and when the opportunity is there - doesn't use his legs like he should.  

Harder worker, smarter, more physical and mental talent than Manziel could ever dream of hence why I'm more than ok with giving Kizer time.  Also does what Quinn failed so many times at which is keeping his eyes downfield.     There's work to be done but the raw tools appear to be there.    Just need to get the running game working.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoolie    384
20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I can't wait to go into the next draft, with all of our picks, two good 1srs, and NOT need a QB. 

 

Trade back with some QB needy team. Damn. That'll be another major in flux off talent

Kizer won't be the Browns QB in 2018.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoolie    384
16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Kizer - 20 of 30 (66.7%) for 222  passing yards and 1 TD.and 1 INT

Ben - 24 of 36 for (66.7%) for 263 passing yards and 2 TD and 1 INT

Ben....2 Super Bowl rings

Ben... When his team needed plays, he made them. He used Greg WIlliams D from the Dawg Pound, to wipe his ass

Ben... Wins the game

Tarkenton... 7 sacks

NO fucking comparison. Kizer is a loser. 0 - 1. Steelers, 1 - 0  Suffering not one hard hit from thie supposed "BADASS" defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SD_Tom    7

Because it's totally logical comparing a rookie's very first start to a future HOF QB  on an expected SB contender with multiple pro-bowlers on offense.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Gipper    1,168
56 minutes ago, nickers said:

Anoint works but all the same.. I'm not putting all My eggs in his basket..  I just want to see a few games before proclaiming him the savior.

So....what makes you any different than any other single person that has posted on this site.  Most (save Flounder) have said that it was a "promising performance"....not that he was the "savior". 

What is it about that that you disagree?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Gipper    1,168
23 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Ben....2 Super Bowl rings

Ben... When his team needed plays, he made them. He used Greg WIlliams D from the Dawg Pound, to wipe his ass

Ben... Wins the game

Tarkenton... 7 sacks

NO fucking comparison. Kizer is a loser. 0 - 1. Steelers, 1 - 0  Suffering not one hard hit from thie supposed "BADASS" defense.

The ONLY thing you say here that has a smidgeon of merit is the fact that the defense did not hit BR hard.....but....it seemed to me that that was somewhat purposeful.   So often they were using just a 3 man rush rather than basically sending a blitz on frequent occasion.

I would like to hear some explanation of that.

(I do wonder though how you think that Kizer is supposed to have matched BR's two Super Bowls after having only played one game.  ....and the fact is, it was a Browns special teams fuckup that won the game for the Steelers.   And Antonio Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Gipper    1,168
24 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I agree. He IS special. He has the most expensive OL in the NFL and he still found a way to hold on to the fucking ball to long and get sacked 7 times. I have to admit, Quinn, Manziel, and Kessler never did that. Bravo....raise your glass and toast to the most sacked QB in the NFL. YAAAAAAYYYYYY   YIPPPIEEEEEEEE......I am shitting my pants with glee this fucking kid is so special.

 

KIZER BLOWS

Well, Brandon Weeden in his first game in the Pros through 4 interceptions.  So, I would rather have Kizer taking those sacks than throwing Ints.   But before too long Kizer is going to learn to throw the ball away or throw it to a checkdown receiver.

But here is a proposal...if this kid really does turn out to be something special....I think you should agree to eat the shit in your pants.....and do it with glee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickers    251
29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So....what makes you any different than any other single person that has posted on this site.  Most (save Flounder) have said that it was a "promising performance"....not that he was the "savior". 

What is it about that that you disagree?

All I'm saying Gip. Is one game doesnt make him a HOF'r.. I'm not sure what being different or otherwise has to do with it.. I'm just calling it as I see it.. You have the right to disagree with me... I understand he's a rook.. He played workman like.. I'll give him that...But he didn't light it up nor was i expecting him to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoeticG    177

Kizer needs to go back to the bench and learn a little longer. He needs time to develop. He threw a couple of passes that got our WR killed, he threw ball at the ground that required coleman to dig up to receive, he holds the ball too long, he takes sacks that cost us yardage, he doesn't protect himself while running... ect.

I wish Kizer nothing but the best but IT IS WHAT IT IS, Hogan should be our starting QB, but seems as how Kizer has been GIFTED the starter role and Hue is "together at the hip" with him and unwilling to go with the better QB, I hope they sink together so we can get a real head coach.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoeticG    177

You saw that last preseason game where Hogan LIT EM UP? That is called hitting your receivers in stride, throwing them open... it's something that Kizer can launch a ball down the field, it's just too bad he can't keep it in bounds... or within 10 feet of an eligible receiver.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Gipper    1,168
27 minutes ago, nickers said:

All I'm saying Gip. Is one game doesnt make him a HOF'r.. I'm not sure what being different or otherwise has to do with it.. I'm just calling it as I see it.. You have the right to disagree with me... I understand he's a rook.. He played workman like.. I'll give him that...But he didn't light it up nor was i expecting him to...

I don't disagree with you.  That is my point.  But it sounds like you are saying that a lot of people on here are "annointing" him.  And I don't think that is true.  They are simply saying his performance was cause for optimism.   Which it was.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Gipper    1,168
12 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Kizer needs to go back to the bench and learn a little longer. He needs time to develop. He threw a couple of passes that got our WR killed, he threw ball at the ground that required coleman to dig up to receive, he holds the ball too long, he takes sacks that cost us yardage, he doesn't protect himself while running... ect.

I wish Kizer nothing but the best but IT IS WHAT IT IS, Hogan should be our starting QB, but seems as how Kizer has been GIFTED the starter role and Hue is "together at the hip" with him and unwilling to go with the better QB, I hope they sink together so we can get a real head coach.

 

Sorry...but what you are trying to say sounds like the following to me.   Can you enunciate a bit better: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D Bone    552
38 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You saw that last preseason game where Hogan LIT EM UP? That is called hitting your receivers in stride, throwing them open... it's something that Kizer can launch a ball down the field, it's just too bad he can't keep it in bounds... or within 10 feet of an eligible receiver.

Yep, all those dudes he played against that are now sitting on the couch watching the games along with us were truly awesome. Hogan is destined for the HoF and I hope they are getting his bust ready as I type. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoeticG    177

I guess we'll never know because Hue has "his guy" now right... oh wait, I thought it was Kessler...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoeticG    177

Hogan outshined Kizer in Preseason and he wasn't even given the same opportunity as the other 3 QB's that were out there. 

It was supposed to be an open competition but it clearly wasn't. All I heard was it was a 3 way race for the starting QB. Oz, Kessler and Kizer... what about Hogan? Hmmm? 

 

I couldn't care less now really. I want to win fucking games. I don't care for coaches favorites if they are not the best on the field. Hue is going with his gut BUT to bad for us, his gut is wrong.

 

Should have kept Haden and started Hogan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boo fagley    137
2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ben....2 Super Bowl rings

Ben... When his team needed plays, he made them. He used Greg WIlliams D from the Dawg Pound, to wipe his ass

Ben... Wins the game

Tarkenton... 7 sacks

NO fucking comparison. Kizer is a loser. 0 - 1. Steelers, 1 - 0  Suffering not one hard hit from thie supposed "BADASS" defense.

Kizer - 1 NFL game.

Kizer - pulled the Browns within 3.

Kizer - wins vs the Ravens. 2017 KFC version of Ghoolie wont bet me because he knows that he will lose his ass. 2001 Ghoolie had balls and would step up and bet.

Dalton - 4 INTS, Flacco 121 yards passing, 

Steelers havent won a Super Bowl in 9 years. Some team you got there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D Bone    552

The 21yr old throws up an 85.7 in his very first start - against the Stoolers no less, and some of us just can't see it..... I'm so glad I'm not one of them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoolie    384
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The ONLY thing you say here that has a smidgeon of merit is the fact that the defense did not hit BR hard.....but....it seemed to me that that was somewhat purposeful.   So often they were using just a 3 man rush rather than basically sending a blitz on frequent occasion.

I would like to hear some explanation of that.

(I do wonder though how you think that Kizer is supposed to have matched BR's two Super Bowls after having only played one game.  ....and the fact is, it was a Browns special teams fuckup that won the game for the Steelers.   And Antonio Brown.

I am not the one who made the comparison of Ben to Kizer. Orion posted the comparison. I agree, it was an idiotic comparison to begin with. But once he made it, I responded. I never expected to compare the two. You might want to direct your question to the guy that made the comparison for our discussion.

Look, people can pimp this guy all they want, but he got sacked 7 times. SEVEN. Now, that's not good, no matter how you slice it. All off season long I had to listen to the Hoorta army talk about how bad last year's OL was. So what do you call 7 sacks? Building for the future? What future? Orthapedic joints?

People are projecting bullshit, all on a positive spion. Losing by 3 Sunday means we are on the verge of being better than the Steelers? No, it doesn't mean that. It doesn't mean jack fucking shit. he Steelers played a very conservative game. They took very few risks because they knew they didn't have to. he planned to play soft, easy and calculated knowing that the Browns don't have playmakers. The Steelers beat us last year, last game of the season, by 3 points.

Go back and look at the threads. People posting how THIS was an Omen. Conjecturing that with all the picks we have coming and the maturity of the young guys, we would pound the Steelers opening day. Bullshit, we lost by 3 then, we added all this talent? And we still lost by 3. The Steelers played us much like a big kid plays with a little kid. Let him get close, don't hurt yourself, don't give away your hand, and then squash them at the end.

If people here believe that 7 sacks is not the biggest issue of this team, then they are idiots. If this guy gets hit that many times every game, he isn't going to to last long. You know it, and I know it. The problem remains, the Browns have scarce talent at the most important positions on the field. QB, WR, RB and TE. Seven sacks is a problem. he Ravens could get 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orion    123
21 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am not the one who made the comparison of Ben to Kizer. Orion posted the comparison. I agree, it was an idiotic comparison to begin with. But once he made it, I responded. I never expected to compare the two. You might want to direct your question to the guy that made the comparison for our discussion.

umm...wasn't me.  

Perhaps you're thinking of boo fagley.

I don't think it's at all fair to Kizer to compare him to Ben.  Ben's been in the league so long everyone thought he was gonna retire.  Kizer's 21 years old and  thrust into the starting job of a 1-15 team.  Based on that, if ya don't think Kizer's performance was pretty good then....I got nothin' for ya.

I mean really, if anyone should be able to tell a decent young QB performance from a bad young QB performance, it should be us.  We've seen a ton of young QB performances.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SD_Tom    7

So sorry.... I guess we simply didn't get the memo that one game makes or breaks an entire NFL career. No QB (or any other position) in NFL history has ever made improvements after their debut. 

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/09/worst-debuts-by-rookie-quarterbacks-in-nfl-history/

 

Nobody expected them to win, or be instantly better than the Steelers... or even be a playoff contender this season. Kizer showed toughness, arm talent, and a lot of mistakes that will go away with experience and coaching. He seems to study his ass off and practice hard, and he's light years ahead of where anyone projected him to be at this stage.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cambridgeho    75

http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/gamelogs?season=2004

Big Ben was sacked 7 times in his 11th game of his rookie year and had a good line and some hall of fame players on his team, so he statistically turned out ok. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boo fagley    137
2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am not the one who made the comparison of Ben to Kizer. Orion posted the comparison. I agree, it was an idiotic comparison to begin with. But once he made it, I responded. I never expected to compare the two. You might want to direct your question to the guy that made the comparison for our discussion.

The guy who youre dodging to bet (ME) is the one who compared Kizers game stats to ugly Ben, your favorite.

 I was trying to highlight the 66.7% passing percentage which is very good. Kizer has Johnson, Coleman and Devalve to throw to and Ben has Brown, Bryant and James.

I was not proclaiming that a rookie QB with 1 game under his belt is the same as a top 10 QB thats been in the NFL 12 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LondonBrown    171

I compared Kizer to Roth when I viewed his game tape from college. He reminded me of him a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boo fagley    137
5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Kizer won't be the Browns QB in 2018.

 Maybe Paxton Lynch will sign with Cleveland in 2018 after the Broncos kick his ass to the road.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×