THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

acidhead

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

No sh!t, but none of the Stooler fans bumped that thread on the Justin Gilbert deal to say the Pitt FO fucced up.

You guys swept that under the rug.

How did Pitt Shmuck up? We gave up a 6th round pick. I’d do it again to kick the tires if we could go back in time. I also didn’t start this thread, I bumped it and I bumped it based on the comments made in it before today.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

No sh!t, but none of the Stooler fans bumped that thread on the Justin Gilbert deal to say the Pitt FO fucced up.

I'm not so sure any of them actually sweep as they all just like to stew in their own filth, that and they just have bare, dirt floors.... Maybe "dropped it down the outhouse guest toilet" would be more appropriate. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That doesn't mean that the talent you have back there all of a sudden got great. I mean, I don't think that 90% of GMs in this league would trade their entire Defensive backfield for that of the Steelers.

Maybe what is happening is that in fact the Steelers are doing what they are known for doing:  coaching their players pretty well.   They may be making chicken salad out of chicken Shite.  I has been known to happen.

(plus....maybe the DL and the LBs have a lot to say about that in terms of how well they are pressuring the opposing QBs.)

OK if that's what you believe, but their talent level is not what I was arguing,

My reply was to you saying:

Your entire DB is a cause for major concern.

Again, being 5th in pass D is hardly cause for concern.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm not so sure any of them actually sweep as they all just like to stew in their own filth, that and they just have bare, dirt floors.... Maybe "dropped it down the outhouse guest toilet" would be more appropriate. 

Some devastating smack there kiddo.

16 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Some devastating smack there kiddo.

Thanks princess..... but I hate to take you away from your oh so fulfilling life of posting on another team's fan forum..... You must be the pride of the trailer park. 

PFF ratings of Steeler DB starters [or at least what Ourlads shows] as of this morning

Sean Davis S 41.9 / 73rd S
Mike Mitchell S 73.9 / 43rd S
Joe Haden CB 81.2 / 29th CB
Artie Burns CB 78.2 / 43rd CB

Is Joe Haden "done" as a top5 CB? Yes. He's no longer in the same universe as the money he was demanding from Cleveland. 

Can he contribute to a team? Of course!

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yeah I don't know how that was a screw up.  Marquez White was a 6th round CB pick last year.  They took a shot that maybe they could turn a first round pick into a return man or fill in.  Didn't work but it's not like they traded a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

30 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Yeah I don't know how that was a screw up.  Marquez White was a 6th round CB pick last year.  They took a shot that maybe they could turn a first round pick into a return man or fill in.  Didn't work but it's not like they traded a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Well, I seem to recall a yinzer or two claiming that the Steeler coaching staff will "coach up" Gilbert and the fault lied with the Browns coaching staff. We see how that played out.

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

Well, I seem to recall a yinzer or two claiming that the Steeler coaching staff will "coach up" Gilbert and the fault lied with the Browns coaching staff. We see how that played out.

No doubt about that, Justine was a turd no one could polish.  It was a short-coming on coaching but I think the trade was solid.

17 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

No doubt about that, Justine was a turd no one could polish.  It was a short-coming on coaching but I think the trade was solid.

Gilbert had a few watts missing in a 45 watt bulb.

Archived