acidhead

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

27 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Soooo shameless bump BUT Haden has been fantastic in our system. He isn’t trailing the number one and he is playing in mostly zone and it’s paying dividends. Eat some crow gipper.

looks like Hoorta needs to eat some too ;) tour as well. Crow fest! And not Isaiah.

I don't have to eat any crow....because I said that Haden still had something left...and that he would likely do better in that zone system.  Its just that he is certainly NOT the player he used to be...and that in fact in the Browns system the CBs they have are likely better than he.

Also....I have no doubt that you are completely overglorifying how Haden is doing in that system...and you usually do for any Steeler player.  He is probably doing OK...doing better than the shitstorm you had there before.....which is what you are measuring him by.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Vagitron said:

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, The Gipper said:

Your entire DB is a cause for major concern.  You are just too full of piss up to your eyeballs to see it.  You have a bad breakfast back there:  Burnt and toast. 

But, just to make you feel better....I also think that the Browns  CBs are not all that and a bag of chips.  It may be a priority position for them in the next draft.   It should be.

Perhaps now you will have some of that crow.

Steelers are 5th in the league in pass D.

Thanks to the Browns.

3 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Perhaps now you will have some of that crow.

Steelers are 5th in the league in pass D.

Thanks to the Browns.

That doesn't mean that the talent you have back there all of a sudden got great. I mean, I don't think that 90% of GMs in this league would trade their entire Defensive backfield for that of the Steelers.

Maybe what is happening is that in fact the Steelers are doing what they are known for doing:  coaching their players pretty well.   They may be making chicken salad out of chicken Shite.  I has been known to happen.

(plus....maybe the DL and the LBs have a lot to say about that in terms of how well they are pressuring the opposing QBs.)

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That doesn't mean that the talent you have back there all of a sudden got great. I mean, I don't think that 90% of GMs in this league would trade their entire Defensive backfield for that of the Steelers.

Maybe what is happening is that in fact the Steelers are doing what they are known for doing:  coaching their players pretty well.   They may be making chicken salad out of chicken Shite.  I has been known to happen.

(plus....maybe the DL and the LBs have a lot to say about that in terms of how well they are pressuring the opposing QBs.)

One of these days you will stop talking out of your butt. As it stands right now the Steelers have two first rounders and a second rounder in the defensive secondary plus mike Mitchell. (Haden being one of the first rounders)

you act like it’s a bunch of journeyman back there. You like pff (I think it sucks) try checking those ratings. You’ve also had negative things to say about the Steelers front seven but now “they have something to do with it” 

May I suggest you just finally admit you don’t know what you are talking about with football a majority of the time?

**chirp chirp**

Don't understand why you cut him this year but whatever he is no big loss.  Another great Browns contract, "overpaying players since 1999"

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

2 words...Justin Gilbert.

Queue the crickets.

Is no longer a steeler, we gave up a 6th.

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Is no longer a steeler, we gave up a 6th.

No sh!t, but none of the Stooler fans bumped that thread on the Justin Gilbert deal to say the Pitt FO fucced up.

You guys swept that under the rug.

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

No sh!t, but none of the Stooler fans bumped that thread on the Justin Gilbert deal to say the Pitt FO fucced up.

How did Pitt Shmuck up? We gave up a 6th round pick. I’d do it again to kick the tires if we could go back in time. I also didn’t start this thread, I bumped it and I bumped it based on the comments made in it before today.

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I'm not so sure any of them actually sweep as they all just like to stew in their own filth, that and they just have bare, dirt floors.... Maybe "dropped it down the outhouse guest toilet" would be more appropriate. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK if that's what you believe, but their talent level is not what I was arguing,

My reply was to you saying:

Your entire DB is a cause for major concern.

Again, being 5th in pass D is hardly cause for concern.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm not so sure any of them actually sweep as they all just like to stew in their own filth, that and they just have bare, dirt floors.... Maybe "dropped it down the outhouse guest toilet" would be more appropriate. 

Some devastating smack there kiddo.

16 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Some devastating smack there kiddo.

Thanks princess..... but I hate to take you away from your oh so fulfilling life of posting on another team's fan forum..... You must be the pride of the trailer park. 

PFF ratings of Steeler DB starters [or at least what Ourlads shows] as of this morning

Sean Davis S 41.9 / 73rd S
Mike Mitchell S 73.9 / 43rd S
Joe Haden CB 81.2 / 29th CB
Artie Burns CB 78.2 / 43rd CB

Is Joe Haden "done" as a top5 CB? Yes. He's no longer in the same universe as the money he was demanding from Cleveland. 

Can he contribute to a team? Of course!

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yeah I don't know how that was a screw up.  Marquez White was a 6th round CB pick last year.  They took a shot that maybe they could turn a first round pick into a return man or fill in.  Didn't work but it's not like they traded a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

30 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Yeah I don't know how that was a screw up.  Marquez White was a 6th round CB pick last year.  They took a shot that maybe they could turn a first round pick into a return man or fill in.  Didn't work but it's not like they traded a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Well, I seem to recall a yinzer or two claiming that the Steeler coaching staff will "coach up" Gilbert and the fault lied with the Browns coaching staff. We see how that played out.

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

Well, I seem to recall a yinzer or two claiming that the Steeler coaching staff will "coach up" Gilbert and the fault lied with the Browns coaching staff. We see how that played out.

No doubt about that, Justine was a turd no one could polish.  It was a short-coming on coaching but I think the trade was solid.

17 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

No doubt about that, Justine was a turd no one could polish.  It was a short-coming on coaching but I think the trade was solid.

Gilbert had a few watts missing in a 45 watt bulb.