Jump to content
acidhead

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Whatever you say gipper lol. 

You say that Burns is your best cornerback.  I will leave it at that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vag... Did you just win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Vag... Did you just win?

I only agreed that Burns was likely the best CB on the Steelers.  Which may be true.  What other candidates are there? Joe Haden.  Vag thinks he is the second coming of Darrell Green or Deion Sanders.  When the fact is, he is, as I said....just "a guy".  

Why, what do you think of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Lane Adkins responds to La Cancera...

Who is Lane Adkins??? no idea, but I like his takes so...

https://twitter.com/therealla__/status/907644532149424128

 

He's one of the regular writers on the Orange & Brown Report. find him on scout.com http://scout.com/nfl/browns    the good stuff on OBR you gotta pay for,  to be an "Insider" just like ESPN.  

I should mention (going way back) this is an offspring of our old AOL Board. No one was better in the Dark Years at shooting down Baltimore trolls (hahaha we stole your team) than Barry McBride- aka Art Beitz. Since he had Internet skills- started a site called "The Ravens Suck Zone". Was so good at it Kosar noticed it and it became Bernie's Insiders, which begat the OBR. Barry's no longer involved with it- AFAIK. Need I mention- Ghoolie's permanently banned from their forums. Pure Football has a few guys there that really know their stuff, but I haven't visited in years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, Tour2ma said:

Vag... Did you just win?

Gipper knows zero about burns, id say thats as close to a win as gipper will ever allow. 

Burns will be a top 10 corner at some point in his career. I expect to see a big jump this season. The flawed but apparently used regularly here pff ranking gave him a 78 or a 79 for the browns game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be... but the better Burns plays, the busier Joe will be...

So far I've ID'd two plays where we had Joe beat deep... I'll update you as I go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Could be... but the better Burns plays, the busier Joe will be...

So far I've ID'd two plays where we had Joe beat deep... I'll update you as I go.

He wasnt signed to be a world beater. Id rather have him opposite burns than cockrell who we traded to the giants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

He wasnt signed to be a world beater. Id rather have him opposite burns than cockrell who we traded to the giants. 

Oh, I finally reviewed the pass to Williams where "Joe had safety help over the top". He was toast, and safety help got there late. Get ready for a lot of that Vag. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper knows zero about burns, id say thats as close to a win as gipper will ever allow. 

Burns will be a top 10 corner at some point in his career. I expect to see a big jump this season. The flawed but apparently used regularly here pff ranking gave him a 78 or a 79 for the browns game. 

 

I don't overeat burns the way you do overrated clap clap clap clap trap over read it clap clap clap clapI don't overeat burns the way you do overrated clap clap clap clap trap over read it clap clap clap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Oh, I finally reviewed the pass to Williams where "Joe had safety help over the top". He was toast, and safety help got there late. Get ready for a lot of that Vag. 

Its not his responsibility. Its the safeties job in that look to be there over the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't overeat burns the way you do overrated clap clap clap clap trap over read it clap clap clap clapI don't overeat burns the way you do overrated clap clap clap clap trap over read it clap clap clap

Wtf. You drinking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He wasnt signed to be a world beater. Id rather have him opposite burns than cockrell who we traded to the giants. 

Are you crawfishin' on us? Just a tad?

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Its not his responsibility. Its the safeties job in that look to be there over the top. 

So... that's two professed holes in your improved 2ndary. Do I hear a 3rd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Are you crawfishin' on us? Just a tad?

So... that's two professed holes in your improved 2ndary. Do I hear a 3rd?

Sean davis was a rookie last season with a limited amount of play time and mike Mitchell missed almost all of training camp. Working out the kinks. Hardly cause for major concern just as i think haden's decline has been overblown here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

... i think haden's decline has been overblown here. 

And.... he's back from his momentary lapse into objectivity... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Wtf. You drinking? 

You are overrating Burns simply because he plays for the Steelers. I was making fun of you for such idiocy.

Now do you understand?

The guy lives up to his name.  (maybe not so much from the Browns receivers...because they are not a good bunch...but most any other team)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Sean davis was a rookie last season with a limited amount of play time and mike Mitchell missed almost all of training camp. Working out the kinks. Hardly cause for major concern just as i think haden's decline has been overblown here. 

Your entire DB is a cause for major concern.  You are just too full of piss up to your eyeballs to see it.  You have a bad breakfast back there:  Burnt and toast. 

But, just to make you feel better....I also think that the Browns  CBs are not all that and a bag of chips.  It may be a priority position for them in the next draft.   It should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 11:14 AM, The Gipper said:

Your entire DB is a cause for major concern.  You are just too full of piss up to your eyeballs to see it.  You have a bad breakfast back there:  Burnt and toast. 

But, just to make you feel better....I also think that the Browns  CBs are not all that and a bag of chips.  It may be a priority position for them in the next draft.   It should be.

Our secondary is on the mend and should be vastly improved this season, especially with tuitt not missing extended time at defensive end.  Our entire defense is maturing and you  are underrating it but thats normal for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cOMj3.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo shameless bump BUT Haden has been fantastic in our system. He isn’t trailing the number one and he is playing in mostly zone and it’s paying dividends. Eat some crow gipper.

 

looks like Hoorta needs to eat some too ;) tour as well. Crow fest! And not Isaiah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Soooo shameless bump BUT Haden has been fantastic in our system. He isn’t trailing the number one and he is playing in mostly zone and it’s paying dividends. Eat some crow gipper.

 

looks like Hoorta needs to eat some too ;) tour as well. Crow fest! And not Isaiah.

I don't have to eat any crow....because I said that Haden still had something left...and that he would likely do better in that zone system.  Its just that he is certainly NOT the player he used to be...and that in fact in the Browns system the CBs they have are likely better than he.

Also....I have no doubt that you are completely overglorifying how Haden is doing in that system...and you usually do for any Steeler player.  He is probably doing OK...doing better than the shitstorm you had there before.....which is what you are measuring him by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Vagitron said:

 

 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, The Gipper said:

Your entire DB is a cause for major concern.  You are just too full of piss up to your eyeballs to see it.  You have a bad breakfast back there:  Burnt and toast. 

But, just to make you feel better....I also think that the Browns  CBs are not all that and a bag of chips.  It may be a priority position for them in the next draft.   It should be.

Perhaps now you will have some of that crow.

Steelers are 5th in the league in pass D.

Thanks to the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

 

 

Perhaps now you will have some of that crow.

Steelers are 5th in the league in pass D.

Thanks to the Browns.

That doesn't mean that the talent you have back there all of a sudden got great. I mean, I don't think that 90% of GMs in this league would trade their entire Defensive backfield for that of the Steelers.

Maybe what is happening is that in fact the Steelers are doing what they are known for doing:  coaching their players pretty well.   They may be making chicken salad out of chicken Shite.  I has been known to happen.

(plus....maybe the DL and the LBs have a lot to say about that in terms of how well they are pressuring the opposing QBs.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That doesn't mean that the talent you have back there all of a sudden got great. I mean, I don't think that 90% of GMs in this league would trade their entire Defensive backfield for that of the Steelers.

Maybe what is happening is that in fact the Steelers are doing what they are known for doing:  coaching their players pretty well.   They may be making chicken salad out of chicken Shite.  I has been known to happen.

(plus....maybe the DL and the LBs have a lot to say about that in terms of how well they are pressuring the opposing QBs.)

One of these days you will stop talking out of your butt. As it stands right now the Steelers have two first rounders and a second rounder in the defensive secondary plus mike Mitchell. (Haden being one of the first rounders)

you act like it’s a bunch of journeyman back there. You like pff (I think it sucks) try checking those ratings. You’ve also had negative things to say about the Steelers front seven but now “they have something to do with it” 

May I suggest you just finally admit you don’t know what you are talking about with football a majority of the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 words...Justin Gilbert.

Queue the crickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×