Jump to content
acidhead

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, hx214 said:

How many of those yards came off those two deflected passes that went right to him though?

I would say quite a few.

I can't stand Antonio Brown, but he's one of the best WR's in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I guess we will find out. He didnt do anything bad and hes not being paid 11 hes being paid 7. I think the steelers are going to get their moneys worth. 

If getting burned  a few times....and getting lucky that he wasn't burned more due to some inaccurate passes to you isn't "bad" then I guess we can say that the Browns DBs vs. AB didn't "do bad".

(but...of course, they did...and so did Haden).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Not really. . .

CB BRIEAN BODDY-CALHOUN, 84.2 OVERALL GRADE

While teammate Jamar Taylor had his hands full with Brown (33.3 coverage grade), Boddy-Calhoun enjoyed a strong afternoon, much of it spent in the slot. On three throws into his coverage he surrendered just one catch for six yards, also breaking up a pass. He notched three total defensive stops and no missed tackles on the day.

I agree...I thought it was Taylor who had a pretty piss poor game.  On at least 3 occasion Brown (or some other Steeler WR), caught a ball in front of Taylor....then ran right by him for many more yards than they would have gotten had he made the tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He also wasnt tested with bryant shaking off the rust. You should have led with taylor seeing as ben really only threw to jesse james and brown that game. 

Uh...um, duh.   He threw to those two because they were the ones open.  Why? Because the other guys were probably covered.  Taylor did a bad job, yes, in my opinion.  (how many players have ever just out AB...from any team?) The two players that are the difference between the Browns and Steelers....BR and BRown...are the ones that made the difference in that game.  But you overrate your other receivers.  Bryant has been good at times in the past...but who knows about now  (be it "rust" or be it perhaps he ain't all that good).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If getting burned  a few times....and getting lucky that he wasn't burned more due to some inaccurate passes to you isn't "bad" then I guess we can say that the Browns DBs vs. AB didn't "do bad".

(but...of course, they did...and so did Haden).

If Haden was playing a zone, it looked like a prevent zone. He was beaten on that bomb that went out of bounds. An accurate throw by Kizer + catch = TD. Joe's closing burst is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Haden could do well in zone coverage, man to man I think he is going to struggle he was getting beat in the preseason in man against lesser WRs so zone I think he will be fine and has the smarts to do well there, man coverage will be a crap shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The steelers are running a mix. Haden allows them to do it more freely. If tuitt dodges a bullet with his bicep injury im not worried about tom brady as much as i used to be, if tuitt is done things get morr interesting. Burns can man up with the best of them, haden despite what people here think should be fine too, especially as the 2 and not the one. 

Burns?   That guy lives up to his name.  (In fact...I think the announcers on yesterday's game said that he was the most penalized DB in the NFL last year.   He holds and interferes because he can't cover). 

And face it:  The Browns are considered to have one of the worst receiving corps in the entire NFL.  and they did pretty well vs. the Squibs secondary. If not for a few inaccurate passes by a first game ever rookie QB...things would have been much worse.  And you know where they might get worse?

Here (hear) is what you said:  "I'm not worried about Tom Brady".    Here is the appropriate reply:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Gipper said:

Burns?   That guy lives up to his name.  (In fact...I think the announcers on yesterday's game said that he was the most penalized DB in the NFL last year.   He holds and interferes because he can't cover). 

And face it:  The Browns are considered to have one of the worst receiving corps in the entire NFL.  and they did pretty well vs. the Squibs secondary. If not for a few inaccurate passes by a first game ever rookie QB...things would have been much worse.  And you know where they might get worse?

Here (hear) is what you said:  "I'm not worried about Tom Brady".    Here is the appropriate reply:

 

Artie burns is an animal. Im not sure who you are talking about but it isnt burns. He goes against brown every day but game day and he holds his own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

 

That was different... that was "trail technique"... :)

Says a lot that the Browns were targeting Haden.

Haden is all done. You have to wonder what Flacco and Dalton are going to do to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree with "done", but he certainly hasn't flirted with "elite" for a couple years now. Hidden in a zone I think he'll be serviceable... make some plays... nab a pick or two... but zone was never his strength and the O/U on games missed due to injury has to be around 3.0... and that's only considering the protocol factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Artie burns is an animal. Im not sure who you are talking about but it isnt burns. He goes against brown every day but game day and he holds his own. 

And they say that De-Lusion is just a brand of light bulbs.  What Burns is is just another in a recent line of mediocre or below Steeler draft picks at DB.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And they say that De-Lusion is just a brand of light bulbs.  What Burns is is just another in a recent line of mediocre or below Steeler draft picks at DB.   

Do you just randomly decide that you are going to talk out of your ass or is this a weak troll attempt? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Do you just randomly decide that you are going to talk out of your ass or is this a weak troll attempt? 

I am just pointing out that you are being completely delusional in some of your opinions.   In the words of former Patriots coach:  Ron Meyer  Artie Burns is "Just another guy".

Show me anything anywhere that rates this just another guy in the top echelon of defensive backs in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am just pointing out that you are being completely delusional in some of your opinions.   In the words of former Patriots coach:  Ron Meyer  Artie Burns is "Just another guy".

Show me anything anywhere that rates this just another guy in the top echelon of defensive backs in the NFL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/8/3/16081498/year-two-steelers-cornerback-artie-burns-looks-like-brilliant-shrewd-draft-pick-opinion-analysis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I thought you had the market cornered on the bag of dicks? Dont you hand feed them to cal and diehard? 

Don't worry will have a fresh supply for you. One of the great things about cornering the market.

 

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haden is kind of like Carlos Baerga , Part Deaux!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Its isn't really either a "brilliant or a shrewd" draft pick.   The Steelers were a wasteland in the defensive backfield.  It was an absolute NO brainer that they would draft a DB.  This is the guy they chose.   

Eli Apple would in fact have been a better pick as he is a better player.  Who on earth has he impressed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Its isn't really either a "brilliant or a shrewd" draft pick.   The Steelers were a wasteland in the defensive backfield.  It was an absolute NO brainer that they would draft a DB.  This is the guy they chose.   

Eli Apple would in fact have been a better pick as he is a better player.  Who on earth has he impressed?

Artie burns was better than eli apple last season. Did you read the article? The knock was he was raw. Hes come into his own now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Artie burns was better than eli apple last season. Did you read the article? The knock was he was raw. Hes come into his own now. 

He has come into his own...now?  You mean like just during yesterday's game?  So last year he was raw....and now he is ripe? (Is that why he stunk up the joint?)  A ripe crabapple is still a crabapple.  Its not like it becomes a Golden Delicious (Eli?) Apple  just because it has been sitting around the bowl awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He has come into his own...now?  You mean like just during yesterday's game?  So last year he was raw....and now he is ripe? (Is that why he stunk up the joint?)  A ripe crabapple is still a crabapple.  Its not like it becomes a Golden Delicious (Eli?) Apple  just because it has been sitting around the bowl awhile.

He was something like a 79 last year via pff as a rookie. Did you read the article? Frankly which is usually par for the course you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to other teams in the league. He finished strong last season and had a great camp. Brown torches everyone and he held his own against brown. There is no better test in the nfl for a corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Body Count BUT he's no Joe Haden. 

 

... and in 2 years you'll all call him washed up and proclaim diminished skills... God forbid he gets injured- It'll be a blood bath induced witch hunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give it up PoG, you're a good man and your passion is obvious, but it's blinding you due to loyalty. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I love Body Count BUT he's no Joe Haden. 

 

... and in 2 years you'll all call him washed up and proclaim diminished skills... God forbid he gets injured- It'll be a blood bath induced witch hunt. 

I mean right now. Not career wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Give it up PoG, you're a good man and your passion is obvious, but it's blinding you due to loyalty. 

 

you can try and convince him.  But all he'll respond with is that Josh Gordon and Trent Richardson are going to come back to dominate the league.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Gordon WILL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Josh Gordon WILL.

 

Will what?     smoke himself out of the league?    never play another down for the Cleveland Browns?   Find Jimmy Hoffas body?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, the bottom line is this; Analytics can be a PART of the equation but it is NOT the answer, period

The Browns F.O. should have kept Terrel Pryor, Joe Haden, Desmond Bryant and John Greco.

We gave Kenny Britt the contract that Pryor deserved. So what if it was going to be a little bit more money. You have to overpay just a little bit to keep great players in an organization that has lost 26 of it's last 28 games. I'm sorry if you just don't get it but "play like a Brown" means nothing to a player that wants to leave a legacy on the NFL. Cleveland is where careers go to die at this point in time. If the difference is a couple of million dollars and we have the cap space, we pay it. 

WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR TALENTED PLAYERS AND BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT. 

Pryor and Haden should have been here and they WOULD HAVE made a difference in the outcome Sunday.

 

We play to win the game. Fuck the moral victories. I'm sick of losing- on purpose

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And fuck Hue. He doesn't have a clue. 

If there is a question of AB's catch, you challenge it. It stops the clock. You don't burn a timeout, then decide to challenge a clear catch that costs you another timeout- that allows PIT to kneel the rest of the game. That is elementary shit. Step your game up Hue or get to steppin yourself, period. 

These fucks in the F.O. and the coaching staff are gonna count stats and cut players based on that bullshit... then they better well be aware of the stats they are putting out there as well.

The best QB should play and I don't care about Hue's crush on Kizer when Kevin is better right now. Play to win the game or get the fuck out. That goes for Sashi Brown AND Hue Jackson.

I'm done tanking for draft picks that don't play or can't even stay on the team. I'm done listening to the excuse that we are the youngest team in the NFL, that's been the case for how many seasons now? I'm done being a farm team for the REAL NFL teams that are contending year after year. I'm sick of this shit.

I just had a buddy from work involved in a car accident that snapped his spine, he had to have a 1/3 of his skull removed and he broke nearly every bone in his face, He's been waiting almost 30 years for the Browns to have a decent fucking season and now he's probably not ever gonna get to see it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×