THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

acidhead

Disagree with "done", but he certainly hasn't flirted with "elite" for a couple years now. Hidden in a zone I think he'll be serviceable... make some plays... nab a pick or two... but zone was never his strength and the O/U on games missed due to injury has to be around 3.0... and that's only considering the protocol factor.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Artie burns is an animal. Im not sure who you are talking about but it isnt burns. He goes against brown every day but game day and he holds his own. 

And they say that De-Lusion is just a brand of light bulbs.  What Burns is is just another in a recent line of mediocre or below Steeler draft picks at DB.   

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And they say that De-Lusion is just a brand of light bulbs.  What Burns is is just another in a recent line of mediocre or below Steeler draft picks at DB.   

Do you just randomly decide that you are going to talk out of your ass or is this a weak troll attempt? 

17 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Do you just randomly decide that you are going to talk out of your ass or is this a weak troll attempt? 

I am just pointing out that you are being completely delusional in some of your opinions.   In the words of former Patriots coach:  Ron Meyer  Artie Burns is "Just another guy".

Show me anything anywhere that rates this just another guy in the top echelon of defensive backs in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am just pointing out that you are being completely delusional in some of your opinions.   In the words of former Patriots coach:  Ron Meyer  Artie Burns is "Just another guy".

Show me anything anywhere that rates this just another guy in the top echelon of defensive backs in the NFL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/8/3/16081498/year-two-steelers-cornerback-artie-burns-looks-like-brilliant-shrewd-draft-pick-opinion-analysis

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Its isn't really either a "brilliant or a shrewd" draft pick.   The Steelers were a wasteland in the defensive backfield.  It was an absolute NO brainer that they would draft a DB.  This is the guy they chose.   

Eli Apple would in fact have been a better pick as he is a better player.  Who on earth has he impressed?

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Its isn't really either a "brilliant or a shrewd" draft pick.   The Steelers were a wasteland in the defensive backfield.  It was an absolute NO brainer that they would draft a DB.  This is the guy they chose.   

Eli Apple would in fact have been a better pick as he is a better player.  Who on earth has he impressed?

Artie burns was better than eli apple last season. Did you read the article? The knock was he was raw. Hes come into his own now. 

30 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Artie burns was better than eli apple last season. Did you read the article? The knock was he was raw. Hes come into his own now. 

He has come into his own...now?  You mean like just during yesterday's game?  So last year he was raw....and now he is ripe? (Is that why he stunk up the joint?)  A ripe crabapple is still a crabapple.  Its not like it becomes a Golden Delicious (Eli?) Apple  just because it has been sitting around the bowl awhile.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He has come into his own...now?  You mean like just during yesterday's game?  So last year he was raw....and now he is ripe? (Is that why he stunk up the joint?)  A ripe crabapple is still a crabapple.  Its not like it becomes a Golden Delicious (Eli?) Apple  just because it has been sitting around the bowl awhile.

He was something like a 79 last year via pff as a rookie. Did you read the article? Frankly which is usually par for the course you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to other teams in the league. He finished strong last season and had a great camp. Brown torches everyone and he held his own against brown. There is no better test in the nfl for a corner. 

I love Body Count BUT he's no Joe Haden. 

... and in 2 years you'll all call him washed up and proclaim diminished skills... God forbid he gets injured- It'll be a blood bath induced witch hunt. 

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I love Body Count BUT he's no Joe Haden. 

... and in 2 years you'll all call him washed up and proclaim diminished skills... God forbid he gets injured- It'll be a blood bath induced witch hunt. 

I mean right now. Not career wise

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Give it up PoG, you're a good man and your passion is obvious, but it's blinding you due to loyalty. 

you can try and convince him.  But all he'll respond with is that Josh Gordon and Trent Richardson are going to come back to dominate the league.

Josh Gordon WILL.

Look, the bottom line is this; Analytics can be a PART of the equation but it is NOT the answer, period

The Browns F.O. should have kept Terrel Pryor, Joe Haden, Desmond Bryant and John Greco.

We gave Kenny Britt the contract that Pryor deserved. So what if it was going to be a little bit more money. You have to overpay just a little bit to keep great players in an organization that has lost 26 of it's last 28 games. I'm sorry if you just don't get it but "play like a Brown" means nothing to a player that wants to leave a legacy on the NFL. Cleveland is where careers go to die at this point in time. If the difference is a couple of million dollars and we have the cap space, we pay it. 

WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR TALENTED PLAYERS AND BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT. 

Pryor and Haden should have been here and they WOULD HAVE made a difference in the outcome Sunday.

We play to win the game. Fuck the moral victories. I'm sick of losing- on purpose

And fuck Hue. He doesn't have a clue. 

If there is a question of AB's catch, you challenge it. It stops the clock. You don't burn a timeout, then decide to challenge a clear catch that costs you another timeout- that allows PIT to kneel the rest of the game. That is elementary shit. Step your game up Hue or get to steppin yourself, period. 

These fucks in the F.O. and the coaching staff are gonna count stats and cut players based on that bullshit... then they better well be aware of the stats they are putting out there as well.

The best QB should play and I don't care about Hue's crush on Kizer when Kevin is better right now. Play to win the game or get the fuck out. That goes for Sashi Brown AND Hue Jackson.

I'm done tanking for draft picks that don't play or can't even stay on the team. I'm done listening to the excuse that we are the youngest team in the NFL, that's been the case for how many seasons now? I'm done being a farm team for the REAL NFL teams that are contending year after year. I'm sick of this shit.

I just had a buddy from work involved in a car accident that snapped his spine, he had to have a 1/3 of his skull removed and he broke nearly every bone in his face, He's been waiting almost 30 years for the Browns to have a decent fucking season and now he's probably not ever gonna get to see it. 

i am personally so glad to have 'internet' friends like PoG that are as passionate as me about this suck ass organization as i am.

he might be blinded by loyalty but it's not from drinking urself blind for 40+ years and still putting up with the same old SHIT from this franchise year to year.

my friends here ask me all the time why i'm still such a fan of THE BROWNS and i say it's all about loyalty. high school (sandusky blue streaks), college (i can name 5 in OH), then CLEVE browns cuz i can remember when they were all good until money, politics and bad decision making have made most irrelevant.

fucking greedy liberal commies.

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We gave Kenny Britt the contract that Pryor deserved.

We offered Pryor more money than he got from the Skins.

His agent filled his brain with the idea that he was worth billions.  That's not our fault.

.....and the Skins lost the game because he dropped a perfectly thrown ball in the end zone.  (right in his hands, right in stride)

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He was something like a 79 last year via pff as a rookie. Did you read the article? Frankly which is usually par for the course you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to other teams in the league. He finished strong last season and had a great camp. Brown torches everyone and he held his own against brown. There is no better test in the nfl for a corner. 

Well.....lets perhaps agree on this:   Burns is the best CB on the Pittsburgh Steelers.  How is that?  (and I don't give a shit what the article said....he is still "just a guy")

Archived