THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

acidhead

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesnt surprise me....at all.....I sensed this rift last season, for the same reasons......In watching Hue speak, several times, it was clear that he didnt agree with or approve of some moves and felt the FO was making moves counter productive to winning.....

Just more of the same with Haden, Greco, etc.....money ball(over winning) is the game......

5 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

This doesnt surprise me....at all.....I sensed this rift last season, for the same reasons......In watching Hue speak, several times, it was clear that he didnt agree with or approve of some moves and felt the FO was making moves counter productive to winning.....

Just more of the same with Haden, Greco, etc.....money ball(over winning) is the game......

This is why I hate "Anal Littix".. It focuses on "Money".. Not football talent...

Jason "Lacking Can't Afford'a" & a sources said... is all ya need to know'a:unsure:..Sure the coaches had a opinion, just like our local media that was reporting the flaws at camp..Was Haden worth 11M or 7M? Guess we had Pryor 7M wrong too..No need to start fires without Matches & a source? Can Coaches act like it's news to them? Maybe?.. the best thing to try to keep a locker room together...  

Eidt: gum nailed it...

Jesus people... it's La Cancera! Same shit pot being stirred as last year. Did not buy it then; ain't buying it now.

Wasn't it a week ago when word was that Williams was not going to start Haden? Should we shell out top Dollar for a backup who was only going to further decline by the time we contend?

For the umpteenth time... it's a consensus process. All parties do not have to love the decision; simply be able to accept it. If Hue's not making a stand as decisions are being made, that's on him, but I think it is far more likely that he is soft-peddling some misgivings to a staffer who becomes an amplifying source.

And no fucking way does Hue get say over the final 53. Who plays? Different territory, but not who stays.

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Was Haden worth 11M or 7M? 

Well...this more or less illustrates my point....

If a guy is good enough to start for you(at $7m), then you cut him because he's at $11m....then you are clearly valuing that extra $4m over the quality of players you have on your team.....right or wrong, the money is driving the decision making......not necessarily who the best players are......

and right now, salary cap is not the issue......

2 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Well...this more or less illustrates my point....

If a guy is good enough to start for you(at $7m), then you cut him because he's at $11m....then you are clearly valuing that extra $4m over the quality of players you have on your team.....right or wrong, the money is driving the decision making......not necessarily who the best players are......

and right now, salary cap is not the issue......

The decision to have the discussion with Haden & Agent surely was approved by Haslem..Haden was done at that point..That discussion had to start with Williams & Jackson with SB imo   

Just now, Mark O said:

He looked great running 5 yards away from his receiver all the time.

Our receivers cant catch so its a wash...

29 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

In Hue's post game presser today, MKC asked him about it...Hue said it's the first time he heard of it.

Now that's just Stupid on MKC part :P.She's got all next week to ask this question. Not after a tough loss. She must be hot on the trail to uncover herself as the Jason "Hack can't afford her" mystery..I'd almost bet MKC source is still Micheal Lombardi that gets it to Jason Hack Reporter to report..Way to crap on yourself Mary..  

10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Unrelated

Redskins lost by 13. TPryor 6 rec - 66 yards - 0 TDs = 8 million bucks.

Coleman 5 rec - 53 yards - 1 TD

Not saying he did great but 66 yrds is pretty respectable for an opener.

17 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Now that's just Stupid on MKC part :P.She's got all next week to ask this question. Not after a tough loss. She must be hot on the trail to uncover herself as the Jason "Hack can't afford her" mystery..I'd almost bet MKC source is still Micheal Lombardi that gets it to Jason Hack Reporter to report..Way to crap on yourself Mary..  

Agree gumby, MKC has a bad habit of asking obscure questions at an inappropriate time.

I don't know why she couldn't ask a question about the actual game itself.

You all realize the steelers play zone that way right? They dont want the ball getting behind them. Why do you think williams had peppers back 20 yards all game? Guesd you better cut all the corners brown laid waste to then, what were their pff rankings? Lmao

29 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You all realize the steelers play zone that way right? They dont want the ball getting behind them. Why do you think williams had peppers back 20 yards all game? Guesd you better cut all the corners brown laid waste to then, what were their pff rankings? Lmao

Eat a dick Steeler fag...

I'll say this about that:

I've said all along, Sashi is in charge.  Hue coaches who Sashi gives him.  Hue DOES have a voice in things.  But it's like being 2 miles away with a tin can and no string attached to it.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I'm a fan of Joe Haden, but the guy is a shell of his former self.

Thats the truth, and it doesn't hurt.

I guess we will find out. He didnt do anything bad and hes not being paid 11 hes being paid 7. I think the steelers are going to get their moneys worth. 

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I guess we will find out. He didnt do anything bad and hes not being paid 11 hes being paid 7. I think the steelers are going to get their moneys worth. 

I posted this in another thread, but in case you didn't see it. . .

CB JOE HADEN, 51.4 OVERALL GRADE

Haden’s first game in a new uniform coincidentally came against his former team. While he broke up a pass early on, the rest of his outing was average at best. He didn’t give up any major plays, but did allow six catches for 80 yards and a 106.3 passer rating into his coverage.

With a rookie qb with no superstar wr's....

without the blocked punt for a TD, the Browns would have won the game.

I was proud of how they played. and that was just their first game.

Archived