THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Some Bitch named Irma is knocking on my door down in Naples, but the Great Zomboni escaped with his crystal ball to Knoxville, and there is nothing I can do about what is going to happen to my beloved hometown of Naples, just like there is nothing I can do about what is going to happen on the field in Cleveland ... but TGZ has a prediction for both.

If you are in downtown Knoxville, join me at the Downtown Grill & Brewery. I'm the guy in the Browns shirt enjoying the storm that is about to hit the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Baltimore at Cincinnati 1 PM

Whatever. Bungles by a field goal. BUNGLES 24 RATBIRDS 21

Pittsburgh at Cleveland 1 PM

Greg Williams' defense will cause chaos from the beginning in this one, at least 3 turnovers and 4 sacks. With all that support, Deshone Kizer will have a smooth debut, with a couple big plays before he puts it into autodrive and enjoys his first Victory Formation in the NFL. BROWNS 37 STEELERS 10

Irma at Naples 4 PM

Irma will fly by as a Category 4 Hurricane and do destructive and catastrophic damage to my hometown, but we all will survive due to extraordinary preparation, and we will rebuild with determination and be stronger than ever. #NaplesStrong!

TGZ

I predict the Bungles lose 0-2, when both teams suck too bad to score....then Andy Dalton trips over his own feet for a safety...

Browns beat the Stools.....24 -10.....Big Ben gets sacked 4 times....and the Crow runs wild....Kizer is the week #1 rookie star....

Praying for your home and town Zombo.....eyes on the storm and fingers crossed.....

Picking up the ball for Z who is riding out Irma in Knoxville. Wishing him, his Naples home, his crystal ball, and all our Florida members, their families and their possessions the best of luck...

On to the picks this Divisional Double Double weekend...

Baltimore @ Cincinnati (-3.0)

While ultimately I believe the Ravens will finish an unremarkable 2nd in the AFCN this season while the Bengals vie with us for the basement, Cinci gets an early leg up this week.

Flacco and his tender back needed preseason work, but even more they need a run game, and I do not see one as yet. It will take them a couple weeks to settle into their tough D/ tough run pattern. It will take a miracle for Flacco to play a 16 game season. Too bad they waste one of those weeks right out of the gate.

Cinci is in decline... and denial. Offensively their OL was decimated by FA... their QB is a classic "tweener"... AJ stands alone most weeks... and they draft a 3rd RB. Defensively? Mugger-in-chief, Burfect, gets his ass suspended (again) for a hit in a meaningless preseason game. Genius!

Take the Bagels... give the points in this yawner opener. Far more interesting to bet the O/U for McCarron's first start or number of games Flacco starts....

Prediction: CIN 20 BLT 12

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (+10.0)

As always pure heart vs mind here. And while the heart is getting stronger...

In Pittsburgh all the pieces of one of the league's scariest Offenses are back for one more run and they are more than happy to let their opponents chose which way they want to lose. As for the Defense... its greatest asset is the pressure their Offense creates for their opponent to score.

In Cleveland... there are pieces. We can see them. Today we will see some of them. It's a process. Let the process begin.

I think we surprise early... even leading for a time due to a defensive turnover caused by our aggression... but in the end experience will out. Learning to win is part of the process as well... and is one of the last lessons.

Prediction: PTG 27 CLE 19

FINAL: BLT 20 CIN 0 - LL/LL... Clearly I need to read my own pick narratives. Dalton did all he could to hasten AJ's ascension.

FINAL: PTG 21 CLE 18 - WW/WW... Clearly my Browns narrative needs a little work, but it got me a double-W... so I'm good...

Summary: image.png.98957d562fea9def634ab275adfefb45.png

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

FINAL: BLT 20 CIN 0 - LL/LL... Clearly I need to read my own pick narratives. Dalton did all he could to hasten AJ's ascension.

FINAL: PTG 21 CLE 18 - WW/WW... Clearly my Browns narrative needs a little work, but it got me a double-W... so I'm good...

Summary: image.png.98957d562fea9def634ab275adfefb45.png

How can you be 2-2....when you have only predicted 2 games so far?   Or are you including some preseason games?

Archived