THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nickers said:

A loss is a loss is a loss.. there's no 2 ways about it...

Thank you Cap'n Obvious..... in other news, water is still wet. 

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

A loss is a loss is a loss.. there's no 2 ways about it...

leave it up to the crotchet Dee browns fans to be so positive..Ben has thrown those same lucky wobbly darts now to same WR's for 3 years..Your Rookie QB just started in April..Way to stay at your same miserable self..there's no 2 ways about it..      

36 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Honestly, this attitude of "well, we lost, but the team is improving" horseshit is what's driving the failure of this team and its fanbase. I'm sorry, but moral victories don't put points in the fucking win column, gentlemen, ACTUAL victories do. Look at successful teams like the Patriots; do you see them patting themselves on the back for some moral victory after a loss? No.

Idk what game you were all watching, but the Browns game I was watching showed a disorganized offense, a porous O-line that we spent bank on to improve in the offseason allowing over 7 sacks on their rookie QB, WR's who couldn't catch the clap while rubbing nuts with Ghoolie, a QB who's probably not going to make it for a full season because he'd rather run outside of the pocket and get continuously sacked for losses instead of throwing the fucking ball away, and a middling D who gives up chunks of yards at a time while failing to wrap up tackles. This shit isn't good, people.

And since when did we start patting ourselves on the back from a loss to one of our biggest perceived rivals in the NFL. I'm sorry, but i'm not going to look on the bright side when we lose to the fucking NY Jets, much less the goddamn Steelers. 

So, yeah, you fellas can keep your moral victories; i'll wait to celebrate until we actually get a "W". Peace out.

At least i'm not the only one with his eyes wide open on this board...

This post is dumb. Considering on paper we should have gotten blown out I think Kizer played well. Some of those sacks are on Kizer not the Oline, he is a rookie he will learn to get rid of the ball. Yeah the D gave up "chunks" or yardage.....I am not sure what game you were watching. Let the season play out some, the fact this was a 3 point game and not a 20 point game was impressive.

49 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

we ran the ball for 2 yards per attempt today.  Our running game sucked.  What game were you watching?

The Browns averaged 2.3 yards per attempt compared to the Stoolers 2.1 yards per attempt.

Tinker Bell is overpaid.

1 minute ago, runyon27 said:

This post is dumb. Considering on paper we should have gotten blown out I think Kizer played well. Some of those sacks are on Kizer not the Oline, he is a rookie he will learn to get rid of the ball. Yeah the D gave up "chunks" or yardage.....I am not sure what game you were watching. Let the season play out some, the fact this was a 3 point game and not a 20 point game was impressive.

But! But! But!.. "We still lost the game"

I'm only going to bang my head against this wall once more...... 

This is a 1-15 team being led by a 21yr old rookie QB. Even if they are 'noticeably better' than last year - which certainly was the case today, they are still more than likely going to suffer a losing season. 

It's how they look this season - even in the tough, frustrating loses like today's, that will point towards where our future is headed. THERE ISN'T A FAN ON THIS BOARD THAT IS HAPPY WE LOST TODAY...... get that fucking straight, you pencil dicked anal lickers. 

A 1-15 team has to walk before they can run, and today they stood up and took a few steps before falling back on their asses. Hopefully they will get better each week and from what I saw today, I am confident that they will...... How many wins that totals up to remains to be seen.

Now if they start to get blown out each week and look like they are regressing, then all of you "we suck, and I am so happy to be the one who tells you we suck because I know everything and you all don't know shit and I am the greatest ever" crowd ....... you know who the fuck you are, you can all grab your little pecker with one hand and type away with the other and tell us all how right you were as you spew your junk all over the keyboard, knowing you're the King of the Browns Board.

But until then............. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ROOT FOR THIS YOUNG TEAM.

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

This is a 1-15 team being led by a 21yr old rookie QB. Even if they are 'noticeably better' than last year - which certainly was the case today, they are still more than likely going to suffer a losing season. 

It's how they look this season - even in the tough, frustrating loses like today's, that will point towards where our future is headed. THERE ISN'T A FAN ON THIS BOARD THAT IS HAPPY WE LOST TODAY...... get that fucking straight, you pencil dicked anal lickers. 

A 1-15 team has to walk before they can run, and today they stood up and took a few steps before falling back on their asses. Hopefully they will get better each week and from what I saw today, I am confident that they will...... How many wins that totals up to remains to be seen.

Now if they start to get blown out each week and look like they are regressing, then all of you "we suck, and I am so happy to be the one who tells you we suck because I know everything and you all don't know shit and I am the greatest ever" crowd ....... you know who the fuck you are, you can all grab your little pecker with one hand and type away with the other and tell us all how right you were as you spew your junk all over the keyboard, knowing you're the King of the Browns Board.

But until then............. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ROOT FOR THIS YOUNG TEAM.

Totally agree....but I'd add...the ones who feel the need to tell us the team sucks and all that shit....should just go find another team.  Either root for the young team that is growing in the right direction or go the fuck away.

One of the best things I saw today was a rookie QB that was comfortable, showed poise, and was taking shots downfield.

My biggest bitch about Kizer today, was he held the ball too long...however that is is coachable.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Out of bounds Tour-out off bounds

I know, but unless the rule has changed the QB has to be outside the tackle box. And half of the crying by the chowderheads in this thread were on plays in the pocket.

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The calls ive taken issue with were bad, bad calls. Its part of the game BUT they were terrible. No arguing it either. 

Calls were correct. Try teaching players to tackle using their pads below shoulder height.

One spearing can be an accident; two is a pattern. And as laughably light as the call on TJ was, he dipped his head into the contact. No dip; no flag.

18 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I see a shift in the AFCN:

Steelers 11 wins & div

Ravens 9 wins poss. wildcard

Browns 7 wins on upswing

Bungles 4 wins and cellar dwellers for years to come

I'm not making excuses for the Bengals, but they did hold the Ravens to only 3pts in the 2nd half.  Its way to early to say who will finish where in this division.  I will say that the Ravens D was really good today, will be a challenge going up against them.

4 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The 7 sacks are misleading. They did a decent job vs the run I suppose because they were daring Kizer to throw.

Steelers fans should be concerned about their defense.

Sure. Pay no mind to the stats or scoreboard...brilliant take.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

We need an enfircer on the team like burfict

That's just stupid...

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Their NT is just smashing through 

Should be an interesting grading session. Tretter got walked back a couple times.

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

and one of their lil' bitches is hurt after head hunting Corey...

More impressive? Coleman caught the ball, hung onto it and trotted off the field.

Welcome to the team Mr. C.

We needed garrett today

But his replacement was our sack leader... ;) and threw in a couple more pressures to boot.

Tell me Nassib did not look quick today.

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The scoreboard says that Browns lost by 3. 

Would you be happy if they lost by 21?

Just pointing out that scoreboard is scoreboard, a loss is a loss. Browns looked better than last year for sure, but need to convert to wins.

Bullfuck... there are moral victories... and we had a couple today.

Ive seen enough nassib is the starter opposite garrett when he gets back

Change of heart?

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Hell of a showing overall from the defense.   

Special teams cost this game plus having a rookie QB.   But the defense and the running game can float us. 

It was... What was there... one blown coverage missing James on the far sideline for a 1st down?

The ST brain fart was the difference on the board, but had the Steelers needed to score at the end they had plenty of time to do it.

Run game needs work...

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I know, but unless the rule has changed the QB has to be outside the tackle box. And half of the crying by the chowderheads in this thread were on plays in the pocket.

Calls were correct. Try teaching players to tackle using their pads below shoulder height.

One spearing can be an accident; two is a pattern. And as laughably light as the call on TJ was, he dipped his head into the contact. No dip; no flag.

The pass interference was a uncatchable ball in every sense of the definition and it put the browns on the one. It was a bad call. 

Antonio Brown had 180 receiving yards PLUS a holding call for another 20+ yards, that's 200 yards for their number 1 WR. Yeah, clearly Haden wasn't needed. At one point in the game AB had 11 targets / 11 catches. Pretty eye opening. 

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

So, yeah, you fellas can keep your moral victories; i'll wait to celebrate until we actually get a "W". Peace out.

Yeah... withhold your love until there's a bandwagon to hop onto... That's the spirit!

Just another superfan who can go fuck himself...

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Antonio Brown had 180 receiving yards PLUS a holding call for another 20+ yards, that's 200 yards for their number 1 WR. Yeah, clearly Haden wasn't needed. At one point in the game AB had 11 targets / 11 catches. Pretty eye opening. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Dude, just stop. Now you're getting annoying rather than cute. 

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Antonio Brown would have had better numbers against Joe. He absolutely owned Haden.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

4-5 of those sacks are on Kizer.  To be expected.

But considering the options if he'd heaved them, I don't have a problem with most of the times he ate the ball. Steelers looked to be keeping him in the pocket and throw-aways from the pocket constitute grounding.

48 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Aw, man.... you do it so well...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Found success when we cut out the east west game and went downhill.    Crow also missed a couple nice holes. 

Sure you aren't factoring in sack totals?  Sounds like you might be. 

no, Im not.

Crowell averages 1.9 yards per rush on 17 carries.

Dayes ran the ball 3 times for 7 yards.

Overall our running backs totaled a grand total of 40 yards on 20 carries.

Based on the numbers, there wasn't much success at all.  The numbers are what they are.  

Archived