THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Well guys, we have a young team that is light years better than last year's team...... Don't let the fat ass, little dick forum members like Duhoolie get to you over the week. If we go from 1-15 to 6-10 and play competitive all year, then we will know w're on the rise.

The young dudes played well today and should only get better each week. 

I agree....that was a better game than any we played last year.  Kizer will get better, the defense played well. 

1 minute ago, Browns1216 said:

if kizer learns to get rid of the ball the browns will go far this season, lots of improvement since last season

He will be fine-he did throw that one away over the endzone that last time, so  there is improvement already.

1 minute ago, Browns1216 said:

if kizer learns to get rid of the ball the browns will go far this season, lots of improvement since last season

He will learn.    First start against a real defense.   The exhibition games don't count.   He still played pretty well for his first start.  Would be willing to bet that is one of the better 1st starts in team history.

No moral victories. However, we look damn good for a young team. Kizer did some rookie things, but will learn from it. Overall a loss, but our defense will be here to stay and Kizer will be our future.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

No moral victories. However, we look damn good for a young team. Kizer did some rookie things, but will learn from it. Overall a loss, but our defense will be here to stay and Kizer will be our future.

No...there are no moral victories...but there kindof are with this team.

1 minute ago, LBC mike said:

You see disappointment in kiser face.  We will be better.  All the analysts expected us to get completely blown out today.

moral victories don't count after 30 straight years of losing...

Ask Trib,Watson,Mahomes how their opener was..Kizer got his feet wet against a damn good defensive front 7.. keep stepping forward is all we can ask..no signs of a 1-15 team...The Offense as a team was Actually my surprise of the game..   

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Hell of a showing overall from the defense.    

Special teams cost this game plus having a rookie QB.   But the defense and the running game can float us. 

we ran the ball for 2 yards per attempt today.  Our running game sucked.  What game were you watching?

Don't know if Kizer's going to last with all those damn Helmet hits from the Steelers . . . . they targeted our WR's as well, leading with their Helmets on quite a few tackles.

Think we've got two WR's in Concussion protocol now, so who do throw to next week ?

Saw our OL getting pushed back into the QB - not good to see for all the upgrades.

WTF happened to Special Teams to start the game? They settled down, but ouch.

Long Season, lots of learning . . .

25 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

win or lose this was a great game

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Hell of a showing overall from the defense.    

Special teams cost this game plus having a rookie QB.   But the defense and the running game can float us. 

19 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Hell yeah it was!!  Bell didnt do crap.  Considering they have top wr and rb we shut one of them down.

im satisfied with improvement

18 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Well guys, we have a young team that is light years better than last year's team...... Don't let the fat ass, little dick forum members like Duhoolie get to you over the week. If we go from 1-15 to 6-10 and play competitive all year, then we will know we're on the rise.

The young dudes played well today and should only get better each week. 

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Regardless-we have ourselves a real football team.

17 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I agree....that was a better game than any we played last year.  Kizer will get better, the defense played well. 

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He will be fine-he did throw that one away over the endzone that last time, so  there is improvement already.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Moral victory? I see improvement.

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

No...there are no moral victories...but there kindof are with this team.

6 minutes ago, bbedward said:

There's no moral victories but this team is much better than last year. They'll win some games soon.

3 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

You see disappointment in kiser face.  We will be better.  All the analysts expected us to get completely blown out today.

Honestly, this attitude of "well, we lost, but the team is improving" horseshit is what's driving the failure of this team and its fanbase. I'm sorry, but moral victories don't put points in the fucking win column, gentlemen, ACTUAL victories do. Look at successful teams like the Patriots; do you see them patting themselves on the back for some moral victory after a loss? No.

Idk what game you were all watching, but the Browns game I was watching showed a disorganized offense, a porous O-line that we spent bank on to improve in the offseason allowing over 7 sacks on their rookie QB, WR's who couldn't catch the clap while rubbing nuts with Ghoolie, a QB who's probably not going to make it for a full season because he'd rather run outside of the pocket and get continuously sacked for losses instead of throwing the fucking ball away, and a middling D who gives up chunks of yards at a time while failing to wrap up tackles. This shit isn't good, people.

And since when did we start patting ourselves on the back from a loss to one of our biggest perceived rivals in the NFL. I'm sorry, but i'm not going to look on the bright side when we lose to the fucking NY Jets, much less the goddamn Steelers. 

So, yeah, you fellas can keep your moral victories; i'll wait to celebrate until we actually get a "W". Peace out.

1 minute ago, nickers said:

moral victories don't count after 30 straight years of losing...

At least i'm not the only one with his eyes wide open on this board...

9 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

we ran the ball for 2 yards per attempt today.  Our running game sucked.  What game were you watching?

You sir, have been a A$$  on here since the day you signed up..Go find a team but not this one..maybe corn-holeing is your type

1 minute ago, jbluhm86 said:

Yeah, and this attitude is why we continue to lose to them year after year. Being ok with a loss to a division rival? Jesus Christ...

The fans attitude can make the team play better?   If that was the case then no team would ever have losing seasons.   The game is fucking entertainment.   I want the Browns to win every game but after getting blown out week after week last season, I'm willing to give this years team a chance and see the positives in a game that we had a chance to win until late in the 4th  quarter.   You can choose to be miserable and only be happy when the team wins, but good luck with that.

6 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Yeah, and this attitude is why we continue to lose to them year after year. Being ok with a loss to a division rival? Jesus Christ...

we just outplayed them with no lucky breaks as Brown & Ben had 3 times..We will learn how to finish than lets hear you talk

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Honestly, this attitude of "well, we lost, but the team is improving" horseshit is what's driving the failure of this team and its fanbase.

Hey dildo, the team was 1-15 last year....... If you expect them to go 12-4 this year then you are actually a stupid dildo. No one here wants them to lose, but those of us who aren't a stupid dildo like yourself know what the reality of this team is.

Now go run along and play Madden. 

3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Noone is fucking ok with it. I am ok with having tge youngest team in the league and giving the Steelers all they wanted. If your not on board with the effort given and the possibility of Kizer being our future, then fuck off. Kizer went 20-30 for over 200yrds. throwing all over the field and scoring 2 tds. This was the best played 1st game in a very long time. A loss for sure, but for once we can see we have a good future. 

8 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

And being a miserable asswipe will make the team win?   Really?   Please explain to me how that attitude of the fans has a direct effect on the results on the field.

Not sure if anyone posted this before, but what if the Steeler's didn't block the punt after our first possession?  Who's to say we wouldn't win today?  I understand they did and I give them credit for it.  Just remember this was our first game of the season and it is the youngest team in the NFL.  

15 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Honestly, this attitude of "well, we lost, but the team is improving" horseshit is what's driving the failure of this team and its fanbase. I'm sorry, but moral victories don't put points in the fucking win column, gentlemen, ACTUAL victories do. Look at successful teams like the Patriots; do you see them patting themselves on the back for some moral victory after a loss? No.

Idk what game you were all watching, but the Browns game I was watching showed a disorganized offense, a porous O-line that we spent bank on to improve in the offseason allowing over 7 sacks on their rookie QB, WR's who couldn't catch the clap while rubbing nuts with Ghoolie, a QB who's probably not going to make it for a full season because he'd rather run outside of the pocket and get continuously sacked for losses instead of throwing the fucking ball away, and a middling D who gives up chunks of yards at a time while failing to wrap up tackles. This shit isn't good, people.

And since when did we start patting ourselves on the back from a loss to one of our biggest perceived rivals in the NFL. I'm sorry, but i'm not going to look on the bright side when we lose to the fucking NY Jets, much less the goddamn Steelers. 

So, yeah, you fellas can keep your moral victories; i'll wait to celebrate until we actually get a "W". Peace out.

At least i'm not the only one with his eyes wide open on this board...

What oline is supposed to allow their QB six hours.to throw?    4-5 of those sacks are on Kizer.  To be expected.

24 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

Found success when we cut out the east west game and went downhill.    Crow also missed a couple nice holes. 

Sure you aren't factoring in sack totals?  Sounds like you might be. 

Archived