THE BROWNS BOARD

Off Topic for Fun

I just posted this in the other room. But didn't know who goes in there. I just remember this when I was telling everyone where I am from.

Crazy story. I used to live in Denver and worked with this guy named Ken. After a year of sitting next to this guy and working with him, I found out he was from Cleveland. Upon getting more detail I found he was from Lakewood (my high school). He moved to Denver when he was 12.

And no shit I found out the street and house he lived in, HE GREW UP IN THE SAME HOUSE MY DAD DID 40 YEARS LATER on Fry Ave in Lakewood. I MET THE DUDE IN DENVER!

Anyone else ever have something crazy like this happen?

Walking up the hundreds? of steps at Diamond Head in Hawaii on a two week vacation, we were halfway up, and

my wonderful cute Wife was wearing a t-shirt from the hs where she teaches.

And, another teacher was coming down, wearing a t-shirt from the school where he teaches.

Just the names of the schools were on the shirts.

They are a huge rivalry. It was fun to hesitate and make jokes and talk for a couple of minutes.

That is a strange but true story.

Here is mine...strike me dead if it isn't true.

I like to take photographs and one Saturday maybe 15 years ago I was driving around Chatsworth, Georgia one fall afternoon...real pretty in that area.

I spotted a old graveyard set back in a pretty hollow...as I drove up I noticed a family plot with my last name. I initially decided not to take any shots in there and started to drive away, but as I got a few hundred yards down the road i decided to go back and see the grave plot as my last name isn't all that common.

No kidding here...as I was walking up the hill where I could see the 1st plot, directly behind it was a plot with the name Russell, which is my middle name, but I use it as I am a Jr.....so imagine seeing your 1st name and last name perfectly aligned on toumbstones as you are walking up to view this grave!

THEN...when I got to the plot I wanted to see...I was stunned...the name on the grave was Nancy L with a birthday of 10-17.....that was my mothers name and birthday.

Gives me the goosebumps as I type this.

My mother had been dead by that point....I am convinced she somehow guided me to that graveyard that day.

(I was extra careful driving home though)

That is a strange but true story.

Here is mine...strike me dead if it isn't true.

I like to take photographs and one Saturday maybe 15 years ago I was driving around Chatsworth, Georgia one fall afternoon...real pretty in that area.

I spotted a old graveyard set back in a pretty hollow...as I drove up I noticed a family plot with my last name. I initially decided not to take any shots in there and started to drive away, but as I got a few hundred yards down the road i decided to go back and see the grave plot as my last name isn't all that common.

No kidding here...as I was walking up the hill where I could see the 1st plot, directly behind it was a plot with the name Russell, which is my middle name, but I use it as I am a Jr.....so imagine seeing your 1st name and last name perfectly aligned on toumbstones as you are walking up to view this grave!

THEN...when I got to the plot I wanted to see...I was stunned...the name on the grave was Nancy L with a birthday of 10-17.....that was my mothers name and birthday.

Gives me the goosebumps as I type this.

My mother had been dead by that point....I am convinced she somehow guided me to that graveyard that day.

(I was extra careful driving home though)

WOW. I swear I got goose bumps. It had to be your mom, what are the chances that day, that time, that graveyard when you were driving past. Come on.....

Walking up the hundreds? of steps at Diamond Head in Hawaii on a two week vacation, we were halfway up, and

my wonderful cute Wife was wearing a t-shirt from the hs where she teaches.

And, another teacher was coming down, wearing a t-shirt from the school where he teaches.

Just the names of the schools were on the shirts.

They are a huge rivalry. It was fun to hesitate and make jokes and talk for a couple of minutes.

That is more serendipitous then freaky. Good none the less.

Made that walk up Diamond Head also, beautiful but hard as shit.

Archived