THE BROWNS BOARD

Calvin Pryor being released

LondonBrown

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Clearly he was the cause of the fight I'd suggest 

Cause?  I mean, unless he sucker punched Louis for no apparent reason I don't see how one guy can be solely responsible for a football practice fight. 

I suggest that at one time on some teams if you cut everybody that got into a fight at practice you would have a roster consisting of your waterboy and punter.

Without Pryor they only have 3 safeties on the roster, and Campbell has been hurt basically.   Unless they bring up Kai Nacua from the PS or go out and get someone else, that position is hurting....Peppers and Kindred being the only other guys.

little bit later, Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network reported that WR Ricardo Louis was the teammate who Pryor was fighting with. During practice, reporters noted that Pryor was not present, while Louis was.

After practice, head coach Hue Jackson would only say that Pryor had been released "for an internal matter." He said that he hopes Louis will not be released as a result of the incident; the fact that he was present at practice probably plays to his favor. Also playing in to his favor is that the team allowed Louis to speak after practice, where he echoed Jackson’s comment about this being an “internal matter.”

So....again, I ask....why was Louis not also released if it is merely a matter of the two getting into a fight. There has been no statement on it other than Hue saying it is an "internal matter".  The fuck it is.  It is a matter affecting the Cleveland Browns...and their ability to play and win games...and to do so for their fans.  There ain't fucking nothing that is an internal matter.    Again, I think there is more to it than just two players getting into a fight.  Fights happen all the time...and some times are simply an indication of high spiritedness and competitiveness.  There is another reason for Pryor to be let go.  Be it analytics, money, age or they think they can do better, something.   It just is not because two guys got into a fight. Otherwise, Louis ....who has really done nothing for this team either, would also be out the door.

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Maybe Pryor threw the first punches and Louis gave it back in kind as self defense? Both parties aren't equally at fault if one person is the aggressor and the other is fighting as a means to defend themself.

Agreed..... way more to the story than we may ever know. 

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Why? Plenty of your "wild and crazy" on display here...

Well, if you want to be the Anti-Ghoolie and just swallow whatever you are being fed by the Browns, so be it. Some of us operate a bit more skeptically than that. (but not as skeptically as Flounder) And we want to know the reasons things happen on OUR team.  Like I said....there is no such thing as an "internal matter" when it comes to operating the public trust that is an NFL team.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Maybe Pryor threw the first punches and Louis gave it back in kind as self defense? Both parties aren't equally at fault if one person is the aggressor and the other is fighting as a means to defend themself.

Absolutely! Couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

It can....but was it?  Maybe Pryor himself will spill the beans. 

Pryor will Gip. Pryor was in locker room when Geno Smith got popped..watch his twitter, but does this sound like a possible issue with Pryor? https://www.thescore.com/news/1108042 (Cal don't look)At TU we had both guys thrown out over a women issue..It's a Long reach..but chit happens 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

little bit later, Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network reported that WR Ricardo Louis was the teammate who Pryor was fighting with. During practice, reporters noted that Pryor was not present, while Louis was.

After practice, head coach Hue Jackson would only say that Pryor had been released "for an internal matter." He said that he hopes Louis will not be released as a result of the incident; the fact that he was present at practice probably plays to his favor. Also playing in to his favor is that the team allowed Louis to speak after practice, where he echoed Jackson’s comment about this being an “internal matter.”

So....again, I ask....why was Louis not also released if it is merely a matter of the two getting into a fight. There has been no statement on it other than Hue saying it is an "internal matter".  The fuck it is.  It is a matter affecting the Cleveland Browns...and their ability to play and win games...and to do so for their fans.  There ain't fucking nothing that is an internal matter.    Again, I think there is more to it than just two players getting into a fight.  Fights happen all the time...and some times are simply an indication of high spiritedness and competitiveness.  There is another reason for Pryor to be let go.  Be it analytics, money, age or they think they can do better, something.   It just is not because two guys got into a fight. Otherwise, Louis ....who has really done nothing for this team either, would also be out the door.

The guy must have been a problem. Probably was a mouthy douche always picking fights. Chances are he would have caused problems in games too if he got cut for fighting a team mate. After all the jets shipped him after spending a 1st round pick on him, didn't they?

Just when you thought coverage couldn't get more off base...

Browns' Release Of Calvin Pryor Suggests Once Again That Team Is Tanking

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2017/09/07/browns-release-of-calvin-pryor-once-again-proves-team-is-tanking/#3ba8f8b520ce

33 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2017/09/07/browns-release-of-calvin-pryor-once-again-proves-team-is-tanking/#3ba8f8b520ce

Ghoolie write for Diabetic Mag and Forbes?

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

word is that Hue stepped in and stopped the fight....told them to stop....and Pryor went back after Louis.

So, it wasnt the fight....it was insubordination on Pryors part....when coach says stop, you stop. Period.

You make a great point Mud, My guess is based on Hue saying that he hoped Louis wasn't released that Pryor both instigated AND was insubordinate. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah because cutting a guy who barely made the roster proves you are tanking.

Archived