THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a Browns fan man. And I am just sick of us being the joke of the NFL, We have by far the biggest fan base and have been but why? We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high  and other teams hated us because they were not us, Every year we get all stoked up about the season because of a Draft pick then BAM, He is gone before the season starts.

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

<<Still a Browns fan man. And I am just sick of us being the joke of the NFL, We have by far the biggest fan base and have been but why? >>

This is a falsehood. The Browns Backers fan base is the largest database of team support, but it is meaningless. Why? my Father died in 2000, he is still counted in the fan base. 3/4 of that database are dead people. Once you sign up, you are a Hotel California guest.

Actual research shows that the Browns fan base is near the bottom of the list. The team is not very popular outside NE Ohio, and in fact Ohio posts just as many Steeler fans as Browns fans. By merchandise sales, the Browns aren't even in the same orbit with the top teams.

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/06/which_nfl_fan_base_is_the_best_a_study_r.html

https://sportschatplace.com/nfl-picks/2015/07/29/nfl-teams-with-the-top-ten-most-merchandise-sales

<<We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high  and other teams hated us because they were not us, Every year we get all stoked up about the season because of a Draft pick then BAM, He is gone before the season starts.>>

Right now, unless you are the most idiotic of homers, (Hoorta, Zomblow, Flugel) you have to realize that the Browns are a team, intended or not, in prime position for a future move. As distasteful as this may sound, you yourself hit a few salient points. But let me point out the bigger picture to you. 

The NFL, for the first time in its history is a shrinking market. News Flash, Billionaires don't own football teams for the love of football, they do it for the love of money that football brings them. It is not a secret that the city of Cleveland is not an expanding city and in general the area is not producing more Browns fans. All NFL teams share in the revenue of the other teams, so, when you have a dud, like the Browns, moving that team to a progressive, growing city not only make sense for the owner, but also for the other owners, the fans and the league as well.

The Browns fan base is not what it once was, and the clout Cleveland once had as a football town is largely diminished. Add to this that Browns fans no longer really understand football, and have lost their drive to demand a winner. Just look at the shit we have, and here, on TBB you will find jackoffs INSISTING that this franchise is really, really smart, and that we are doing all the things that most other people are not educated enough to understand. Only in Cleveland to assholes celebrate drafting a shit black Tarkenton in Round 2 as a smart move that enables us to not have to use a #1 on a QB. 

Seriously man, how fucking stupid are Browns fans and ownership? These are the only people in the world who juxtapose the vale of a QB with that of a dime-a-dozen fatass offensive lineman.

Dude, stop with the horseshit. The Browns are not the most popular franchise, they are arguably the least popular. The one thing you are dead on about is that the fans, and franchise not being motivated to win, is indeed killing the fan base. (2016, Sashi said, "this year is not about winning") Seriously, how fucked up is that?

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

The Browns luck will change for the better.

The franchise is in position to land a stud QB next draft assuming Kizer doesnt impress people.

I bet not. The best prospect will be gone. Plus I think Hugh Jackson is infested in Kizer unless he really really flames out.

WSS

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Plus I think Hugh Jackson is infested in Kizer unless he really really flames out.

Ummmm... the Draft is Sashi & Co's turf. Great if Hue's on board as well, but if he's not and "the Company" isn't infested as well, we're adding to the mix.

Great typo by the way... so good the I'd invest in it... ;)

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ummmm... the Draft is Sashi & Co's turf. Great if Hue's on board as well, but if he's not and "the Company" isn't infested as well, we're adding to the mix.

Great typo by the way... so good the I'd invest in it... ;)

Haha. Oops. But I can't believe Hue Jackson has no say in the matter at all and if he decided to go to the wall for his boy... anyway we aren't picking that high. 

Because I get the feeling Kizer was Jackson's pick. Maybe not.

And again even though he wasn't my guy I'm not ready to close the book on him. I need to be convinced ofJackson's legendary, or is it mythical, quarterback mentoring ability.

Six more games and I'll have a stronger opinion.

WSS

I think Kess was hue's guy in '16. Kizer in '17? Dunno, but my impression is that we had a couple or three bunched in a tight ordering.

I'm already on record saying that I liked Kizer's value in R2, so I'm being patient as well... just reporting what I see.

Come the '18 Draft tho... unless we, as in all the decision inputers, know Kizer's the guy, I believe we will go QB Day 1... probably pretty high.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Too many good QBs is a great problem to have.

Yup... Can always trade one down the road... then go fishin' again...

But first things first...

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

<<We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high  

From the year I was born until the year I graduated HS, the Browns never had a losing season. - I've always lived in New England and always been a Browns fan (I couldn't give a rats ass about the Indians or Cavs).  Now, although I didn't know any Browns fans around me, I was always respected as a football fan because of what the Browns were.  But we're NOT what we were.  We haven't been for over 20 years.  I'm no longer respected.  I'm pitied. 

Losing breeds apathy.  And the Browns have been breeding apathy since their return.  - Yes, a message board is filled with loyal fans.  But we're only a few of the masses...the bulk are becoming more apathetic every year.  These next four games are important.  If we don't get some wins then the stands are going to start looking like last year...full of opponent's jerseys...which is even more embarrassing then our W/L record.  

The Browns fan base is not what it once was, and the clout Cleveland once had as a football town is largely diminished.  Sad but true.

Now, here in New England, the Patriots are the model team and organization.  And they have a VERY happy and apparently loyal fan base.  Best in the nation right?  Nope!  Cos when I was in my 20's my friends and I could decide to go see a football game, drive up to Foxborough, buy tickets and sit just about anywhere we wanted.  And it'll go BACK that way again if the team goes into a Browns-like funk  (Brady retires, etc.).

The Patriots have had a QB.   A QB!  And a decent OL to give him time.  And some receivers that could run routes and catch the ball.  The receivers didn't have to be GREAT.  They just had to be able to get a LITTLE bit of space and CATCH the damn ball.

It's no coincidence that we've sucked since Bernie Kosar (& Vinny T.).  It's because we haven't had a good QB since then.

We LET the Eagles have a QB...so we don't have one...unless Kizer turns out to be the guy.  But if he doesn't then we gotta start swinging the QB bat until we hit on one.  Or else we're going to continue to see other team's jerseys dominating our stadium.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Now, here in New England, the Patriots are the model team and organization.  And they have a VERY happy and apparently loyal fan base.  Best in the nation right?  Nope!  Cos when I was in my 20's my friends and I could decide to go see a football game, drive up to Foxborough, buy tickets and sit just about anywhere we wanted.  And it'll go BACK that way again if the team goes into a Browns-like funk  (Brady retires, etc.).

The Patriots have had a QB.   A QB!  And a decent OL to give him time.  And some receivers that could run routes and catch the ball.  The receivers didn't have to be GREAT.  They just had to be able to get a LITTLE bit of space and CATCH the damn ball.

It's no coincidence that we've sucked since Bernie Kosar (& Vinny T.).  It's because we haven't had a good QB since then.

We LET the Eagles have a QB...so we don't have one...unless Kizer turns out to be the guy.  But if he doesn't then we gotta start swinging the QB bat until we hit on one.  Or else we're going to continue to see other team's jerseys dominating our stadium.

Your post is very good and I agree with it 100%. A few things. Browns fans love to call Steel fans fair weather, and as you point out, all fans are that way to some extent. Die hard Browns fans have been at the top of the list in loyalty despite losing, but as you said, that group is dwindling. Outside the walls of this board, you know it and I know it, EVERYBODY knows it, the Browns are not viewed favorably by most fans.

Regarding the QB. This has been a problem since 1999. For some reasons fans have been convinced that no QB has been good enough to draft early. SO here we sit,with shit.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

If Ghoolie is correct about Kizer you wont have to worry about Hue.

I believed all along ( I think if I say believed instead of predicted, less people will get pissed off) that taking Kizer would be the straw that broke Hue Jackson's back.

From the standpoint of being a CEO, how the hell could you pass on Trubisky....a GUARANTEED PICK, and take splinter legs and Black Tarkenton? Is Trubisky a guaranteed star? Who knows? However, drafting him would have indicated to Haslam that QB is job #1. SO whatever happened, Hue would be safe because he went for the gusto. HOWEVER.....................what Hue did was put himself in a position where if Kizer fails, it will illuminate that Hue left the Browns horribly inadequate at QB.

Hue needs to go, and he WILL be fired this season.

Can you imagine being 0 -  4 with the remaining 12 being pretty much non winnable games? Idiot franchise.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I believed all along ( I think if I say believed instead of predicted, less people will get pissed off) that taking Kizer would be the straw that broke Hue Jackson's back.

From the standpoint of being a CEO, how the hell could you pass on Trubisky....a GUARANTEED PICK, and take splinter legs and Black Tarkenton? Is Trubisky a guaranteed star? Who knows? However, drafting him would have indicated to Haslam that QB is job #1. SO whatever happened, Hue would be safe because he went for the gusto. HOWEVER.....................what Hue did was put himself in a position where if Kizer fails, it will illuminate that Hue left the Browns horribly inadequate at QB.

Hue needs to go, and he WILL be fired this season.

Can you imagine being 0 -  4 with the remaining 12 being pretty much non winnable games? Idiot franchise.

Yup, I do agree that Kizer should he flop, will be the end of Hue in Cleveland. Please- there are winnable games after the Bengals. Get back to me after the Stripers get killed this Sunday up in Green Bay. Eifert probably won't play, and the Bengals offense will consist of Dalton chucking the ball up to Green who will be triple covered.  That's what you get when you let your #2 & #3 Wrs walk out in free agency, and make no effort to replace them. (just like letting your two best OL leave this year) The Jets are "Sucking for Sam" (Darnold). Bears? Don't get an orgasm ove the possibility of Trubisky starting for them Christmas Eve. 

BTW, I don't see the Browns being 0-4 this year. 

I'm sure gronk would just be a turnip truck driver, amandola would be a pecan salesman and edelman's hands would be perfect for a sushi chef. Brandon Cooks with a name like that should have stayed in NO as a cajun sauce man.:P

EDIT: the Browns have ghost Gordon,  clutch Coates, Britany Britt and rummy Ricardo the new QB/WR.

Only and idiot would believe that Hue "took" Kizer...

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I believe that Sashi saw Mahomes, Kizer, Tribisky and Watson all pretty equal. Spending another 1st round pick on a QB in a weak QB draft is a mistake that Sashi wasnt going to make. Plus, he sees the same thing that we all see for the 2018 draft. If there is a time make moves to get the guy you want this is the draft class.

Hue is not pulling the strings on roster moves. Sashi is. Hue likely has input, but the final decision probably comes from Sashi. Thats what NFL GMs do. Manage the salary cap and evaluate talent to build winning rosters. If this 2017 draft class turns out to be a dud ( I dont believe it is), whats Sashi going to say? Hue told me to draft those guys? No, not the way it works.

I know that's the way I ended up seeing the top four... well, three plus Mahommes, for whom I never developed a strong opinion. Each of the other three was my top guy for a time leading up to the draft, but never saw any as worth a top ten pick.

Moves for the consensus top guy in the class of 2018 may be available if SF ends up with the #1 overall, but damn that move will be expensive... even if we're picking in the top five. Best hope is that there's a consensus pair, a 1A and 1B, and we like the 1B.

Better handle on Sashi's role, but still not it. He's the consensus builder/ decider... not the decider.

Like Brady? We can send your mailman out there and Brady can make a WR out of him.

My mailman is neither fast nor big.

Tom is great, but last I heard he's not the architect of the NE Offense. You know that all starts with Bill. He's the most adaptive Coach I've ever seen.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Your post is very good and I agree with it 100%. A few things. Browns fans love to call Steel fans fair weather, and as you point out, all fans are that way to some extent. Die hard Browns fans have been at the top of the list in loyalty despite losing, but as you said, that group is dwindling. Outside the walls of this board, you know it and I know it, EVERYBODY knows it, the Browns are not viewed favorably by most fans.

NO team that loses this much is viewed "favorably" by the fans of other teams. I mean, what do Browns fans think of the Bills  or  the Jets or the Lions etc. etc. The teams that are now the "Darlings" of the league were not always that.  The Patriots were the skankiest losingest team in the league for like their first 35 years.  Same with the Steelers.  The Cowboys couldn't get out of their own way for a decade.  What about the Raiders of the 21st century except for the past couple of years...worse than the Browns.  

An interesting stat:  During the decade of the 1970s  neither NYC team, the Jets and the Giants made one single playoff appearance between them that entire decade.  Did Browns fans give a shit about those teams? No.

Regarding the QB. This has been a problem since 1999. For some reasons fans have been convinced that no QB has been good enough to draft early. SO here we sit,with shit.

Browns FANS have no say whatsoever in whom the Browns draft...at QB or any other position. Browns front offices have made some poor choices when it comes to that. I mean...you are really starting to talk like a typical stupid Steeler fan....thinking that Browns fans have any more than a cabbage farts say in these matters. They don't.    I mean...maybe a Browns fan at the time may have said: why don't we take a flyer on that skinny QB from Michigan in round 6 here in the 2000 draft...what have we got to lose?   Oh, they picked up a guy named Spergon Wynn? Well, hopefully he will be better than the skinny Michigan kid.  So...OK....lets just stop with the Steeler fan style ignorance in thinking that fans have one goddamn thing to do with anything.

<<I believe that Sashi saw Mahomes, Kizer, Tribisky and Watson all pretty equal. Spending another 1st round pick on a QB in a weak QB draft is a mistake that Sashi wasn't going to make. Plus, he sees the same thing that we all see for the 2018 draft. If there is a time make moves to get the guy you want this is the draft class.>>

I agree with you 100% and this is the problem that continues to hurt the Browns. Browns management is like an possessive mother interfering with her son's choice in women. NO GIRL IS GOOD ENOUGH. I have been hearing this bullshit about QBs not being good enough for us for 15 years. It is the same, exact things dickheads were saying about why the Browns passing on Ben was the right move. 

"Ben didn't play against tough teams,  Ben Played for a small school, Ben is not a guarantee."

Mitch Trubisky was THE pick of the draft. He has the moral fiber, leadership qualities, attitude, smarts AND traditional QB, quick release profile. Sure Thing? There is no sure thing. However, there is also no guarantee of tomorrow. The Browns need a QB, there is no guarantee that the Browns will be able to get a blue chip in 2018. If as you say we will win some games, we won't pick in the primo spots, and we have little to trade. The QB is a low priority in Cleveland, both with ownership, management and the fans. Hence, we are the worst team in the modern era of the NFL.

"We'll get em' next year!

<<Tribisky and Garret are a wash because neither have played this regular season. Tribsky has started 13 college games so I cant see how he is a guarantee in any way.>>

Trubisky is 1000 times the prospect Garrett is. Trubisky's upside if he pans out can transform the Bears into a winner. No matter how Good Garrett is, his impact will be minimal. Next, Trubisky is being schooled, Garrett has now, for the third time not been able to play because of his brittle ankles. His longevity in the NFL is guaranteed to be short lived. rubisky CAN play today.............Garrett cannot.

<<Hue is not pulling the strings on roster moves. Sashi is. Hue likely has input, but the final decision probably comes from Sashi. Thats what NFL GMs do.>>

I don't agree, but for argument's sake, let me demonstrate how you just admitted that the Browns are fucked when it comes to QB. If what you say is true, then it was the GM who chose Johnny Manzeil? Sorry, but the OWNER.........not anyone else decides who gets drafted. None of these cocksuckers does jack shit unless brain dead Ratslam okays it. Sashi is a coffee fetcher. He is Phil Sewage reincarnated.

<<Manage the salary cap and evaluate talent to build winning rosters. If this 2017 draft class turns out to be a dud ( I dont believe it is), whats Sashi going to say? Hue told me to draft those guys? No, not the way it works.>>

BOth the 2016 and 2017 Draft classes are failures. Come one dude, the #1 #1 has now been sidelined by THREE COUN'T EM'...THREE ankle injuries. Non-related? LMAO. A hamstring, and a shoulder injury are unrelated. THREE ankle injuries? Unrelated? Let's not be stupid. Garrett is not long for the NFL. Garrett likewise is a joke.

<<The Browns are going to win some games.>>

Not guaranteed. If the Colts and Bengals make the team 0 - 4, then the downward spiral will be unstoppable.

Brisett and Kizer are basically in the same boat starting NFL games for the first time. Kizer vs Ben and Flacco would be like me vs you in a battle of the accordions. 

Oh no. no. no. no. no.....big nig mistake. Brisett has a far better QB management team behind him, and a much more successful and smarter HC. There is no argument here. Brisett was on his way to beating the Cardinals. Kizer has never been in a situation where he could win a game. Brisett will have a better game than Kizer. He will beat the Browns.

Oh no. no. no. no. no.....big nig mistake. Brisett has a far better QB management team behind him, and a much more successful and smarter HC. There is no argument here. Brisett was on his way to beating the Cardinals. Kizer has never been in a situation where he could win a game. Brisett will have a better game than Kizer. He will beat the Browns.

Short memory....just two weeks ago Kizer very well may have been in a situation to win a game.  He led the team to a TD vs. the Steelers, bringing them to within 3 pts.  They were in a situation where the COULD win.   Had the defense held the Steelers instead of giving up first downs, Kizer may have led them into position to win. 

On 9/20/2017 at 9:15 PM, Clevfan4life said:

How is it his fault when an OL stepped on his ankle? I had a 350lb fat fuck step on my foot twice in a row when i played and i coyldnt feel my foot for a week, it felt broke. And these guys are playing at a far higher level putting far more wear and tear on their bodies. It just happens.

The same pansies talking about garretts ankle were here last year chirping bosa and how his pussy hamstrings will never cut it in the nfl. We saw how that panned out so this means nothing.

Nobody is blaming Garrett for why he is brittle. HE just is. Look, sparky; if he had a shoulder injury and a testicle injury.....Those would be unrelated injuries. THREE ankle injuries? THREE? All causing him to miss action? THREE? Unrelated? No shit? Hey, do you want to buy some magic beans?

Just now, The Gipper said:

Short memory....just two weeks ago Kizer very well may have been in a situation to win a game.  He led the team to a TD vs. the Steelers, bringing them to within 3 pts.  They were in a situation where the COULD win.   Had the defense held the Steelers instead of giving up first downs, Kizer may have led them into position to win. 

Read your own words..............he WASNT in a position..........................any mother fucker COULD have been  if other shit happened. Stop with the  IF ONLY WE MAKE THAT PLAY bullshit. Kizer has not been in a position where he could have won a game.  

The last drive was not impressive. It was mostly enabled by stupid Steeler penalties. Kizer is a blowjob. He will singlehandedly give the game to the Colts.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

Read your own words..............he WASNT in a position..........................any mother fucker COULD have been  if other shit happened. Stop with the  IF ONLY WE MAKE THAT PLAY bullshit. Kizer has not been in a position where he could have won a game.  

The last drive was not impressive. It was mostly enabled by stupid Steeler penalties. Kizer is a blowjob. He will singlehandedly give the game to the Colts.

Well....that depends on how you interpret "in position".   He put them "in position" by getting them within 3 pts.  He COULD have perhaps won the game if the defense had done its job. 

And penalties are part of the game....the Steelers TD drives were helped out tremendously by a few penalties on the Browns.  Should we not credit them with scoring because they were helped by penalties.?   Their entire win was helped by turnovers.  Should we say that they would not have won had it not been for the turnovers?  

As far as Kizer and blowjobs...I will defer to your expertise on fellatio.  I have no expertise there.  Mine tends more toware Colonel Angus.

17 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Bill isnt the one throwing passes on the field and reading defenses. Just like Tomlin isnt making every decision for Ben. 

And nothing I said takes anything away the execution from Tom, whereas you seem determined to minimize Bill... the head of a team that has won more ways than any other I can recall... D and the run game... dinks and dunks... deep vertical. Tom really was key to 2 of those 3. Then there's the year without Tom... suffered all the way to 11-5.

It's a symbiotic relationship to be sure, but it starts somewhere. I don't see how you can make the arguments you've made for Garropolo and believe it starts with Tom.

54 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

If you believe that you can build a Super Bowl team and plug any jackass in at QB and win it all youre sadly mistaken.

Please show me where I even came close to implying the above let alone state it... as again I have no idea what is prompting your responses... unless it's a determination to not respond to my points.

But at least I learned that Phil Simms was a "stud QB". Which Super Bowl year do you think was his more studly season? '86 when he threw 22 INTs or 1990 when he threw for almost 2300 yd?

Also learned that apparently Cassel was responsible for dialing down the Pats Offense... :blink: I guess Bill just said, "Good idea, Matt. Let's try that."

6 hours ago, boo fagley said:

If you believe that you can build a Super Bowl team and plug any jackass in at QB and win it all youre sadly mistaken.

Boo, thats what 99% of the people here believe. Hoorta believes you can have clumsy fatasses block their way to the SB. Flugel is just concerned with saying In (insert asshole) We Trust, and Gipper is suffering with the effects of his mother dropping him on his head.

I have never seen a bigger bunch of fucktards who believe you build a team first and then just plug in a QB. The big thing with fans here is that they create imaginary bullshit.........like this one...................."The Browns snookered the rest of the NFL, we stole Kizer in the second round and now next year we won't have to use a high pick on a QB. THe fucking Browns are amazing............. NO QB is good enough for our precious #1 picks......... so what do we do? We waste them on useless cocksuckers like Joe Thomas, Corey Coleman and Two Tackle Texas, the Cowgirl wannabe with splintered ankles.

Pagano is a good coach. Just watch how much better his QB does than ours. He has Luck to work with, conversely, there is NO AMOUNT of luck that will help this fucking lack-of-talent team.

Beat the Colts? Exactly how the fuck is that going to happen? We have the consummate Black Tarkenton.

Boo, thats what 99% of the people here believe. Hoorta believes you can have clumsy fatasses block their way to the SB. Flugel is just concerned with saying In (insert asshole) We Trust, and Gipper is suffering with the effects of his mother dropping him on his head.

I have never seen a bigger bunch of fucktards who believe you build a team first and then just plug in a QB. 

Well....guess which team did EXACTLY that:    the team known as the fucking Pittsburgh Steelers did exactly that. They built up their entire team, defense, offensive line, run game...then plugged in BR.  They went 15-1 his rookie season...then won the Super Bowl the next year.

How can you be so dim on the history of the sport to not know this.  Expecially since you have become a Steeler pole smoker.

Archived