THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

3 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

That was a cheap shot,  and robbed him of a sure sack. Saved their qb from a big hit,  definitely 

That move garrett used to get around okung, no skill. Zero. Garretts a bum, worst pass rusher the browns ever drafted/signed in the history of the franchise #causeghooliesaidso

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The accumulating ankle sprain history has to be concerning. Myles has to recognize that his "go to" move, the deep outside dip, is getting him hurt. It's simply not winning cleanly the way it did in college.

He has to develop other techniques.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The accumulating ankle sprain history has to be concerning. Myles has to recognize that his "go to" move, the deep outside dip, is getting him hurt. It's simply not winning cleanly the way it did in college.

He has to develop other techniques.

Well said!   I think we're looking at next year for some of his get-off to return closer to normal than him playing through an injury he keeps re-aggravating. 

IMO, he'll get much better recuperation this off-season ahead than he had throughout this past off-season (that consisted of training to be the 1st overall pick) and then acing the workouts to impress.  Part of the reason he didn't want to do his pro day workout was because the high ankle sprain he played through in 2016 was never really given much time to heal.  However, he was convinced to do the pro day workout so the rest and recuperation would have to wait. 

Just our luck, Ogbah was starting to play some great DE when he hurt his foot.  I think PFF had him as the #1 ranked DE against the run while he was getting some good heat on QBs.  It would be nice to get these 2 guys back at full strength next year.

He still has to improve technically and reading the plays, as you would expect from a rookie, I guess. 

I still remember how the LT of the Lions made him go in such big outside arcs that Stafford could easily scramble by the B gap. It was desesperating as it happened way too many times in that game.

16 minutes ago, Nero said:

He still has to improve technically and reading the plays, as you would expect from a rookie, I guess. 

I still remember how the LT of the Lions made him go in such big outside arcs that Stafford could easily scramble by the B gap. It was desesperating as it happened way too many times in that game.

Lewan got him pretty good. But I remember thinking that he wasn't even trying to cut the edge down so it was almost like Williams that game wanted Stafford to step up in the pocket..unfortunately there was no pressure up the middle. Cause I've seen Garrett power edge and he's actually pretty decent, not sure why he didn't do that with Lewan cause in the run game at least he held the edge against him. I've noticed too with our other DE"s that some games they just constantly go out wide and it drives me batty. 

Amazing, isn't it? I call him fragile, one dimensional and injury prone when he was drafted. As I said, drafting him was as big of a mistake as drafting Mike Phipps. There never was any upside to Myles Garrett.... NEVER................

He is................A ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR........................ he was never anything more than a ZUMBA instructor. He played mostly against smaller, weaker fatass OL in college, I have said this over and over, he is NOT physical.......... he is NOT a monster of the midway, and he sure as fukc is not Bosa. The guy is pushed around easily and offers absolutely no help against the run. His sacks, are uneventful, drag downs when the QB takes too long to release the ball.

I called him Courtney Brown #2 and at best, on his very best day, that's what he is.

Drafting this caulk sucker after he begged Jerry Jones to save him from Cleveland was enough for me. But hey, YOU GUYS know better. You always know better. Always, you are smarter and you believe that somehow, magically the red flags that show a guy to be schidt, will disappear when he comes to Cleveland.

I was sick to my stomach when we drafted this piece of schidt, and NOW, your stomachs are turning.

To the guy that said Garrett has to realize his move is getting him injured? Dude, I mean this with respect, but what the fukc do you think he is going to do? Just all of a sudden reprogram his whole life to be a different kind of player than he has been by birth? A leopard can't change his spots. Kizer can't just say to himself........Jeez, I suck because I am not accurate,  tomorrow I am just going to start being accurate.

Dude,  Garrett is what he is. One ankle injury? No biggie? 2? Same ankle? 3? Are you people so enfatuated with hero worship that you don't give a schidt about the Browns? THis guy was a GLARING mistake from draft day

Hoorta said to me............ "Well I guess you know more than all the experts, inlcuding the Doctors at UH who said he is fine.............YEAH Hoorta............ I DO know more, than all of them. Garrett is worthless.

Bahktiari will annihilate him tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Well said!   I think we're looking at next year for some of his get-off to return closer to normal than him playing through an injury he keeps re-aggravating. 

IMO, he'll get much better recuperation this off-season ahead than he had throughout this past off-season (that consisted of training to be the 1st overall pick) and then acing the workouts to impress.  Part of the reason he didn't want to do his pro day workout was because the high ankle sprain he played through in 2016 was never really given much time to heal.  However, he was convinced to do the pro day workout so the rest and recuperation would have to wait. 

Just our luck, Ogbah was starting to play some great DE when he hurt his foot.  I think PFF had him as the #1 ranked DE against the run while he was getting some good heat on QBs.  It would be nice to get these 2 guys back at full strength next year.

May as well shut him down for the season Tom, not worth him getting hurt any worse than he is already.... 

4 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Amazing, isn't it? I call him fragile, one dimensional and injury prone when he was drafted. As I said, drafting him was as big of a mistake as drafting Mike Phipps. There never was any upside to Myles Garrett.... NEVER................

Hoorta said to me............ "Well I guess you know more than all the experts, including the Doctors at UH who said he is fine.............YEAH Hoorta............ I DO know more, than all of them. Garrett is worthless.

OK Tom, it's a lost season. Garrett isn't exactly playing like Deacon Jones. But he's not the primary reason the Browns are 0-12. You've been waffling on Kiser- I haven't from day one. He's 1B on the suckage list, second only to 1A Hueless. 

BTW, we both wanted Trubisky- and he's not exactly setting the world on fire with the Bears. How's your fave Lynch Mob working out in Bronco land my friend? 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Very true.  Unfortunately, if he's playing through a lot of pain in his base - it'll take a bite out of his ability to improve technically. I think that's why we've seen some clever wrinkles dialed up at times.   For example, one of his first 2 sacks came via stunt where he lined up outside before shooting the guard-center gap to get to the QB. 

Poor guy probably feels like he's playing on a pogo stick at times.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK Tom, it's a lost season. Garrett isn't exactly playing like Deacon Jones. But he's not the primary reason the Browns are 0-12. You've been waffling on Kiser- I haven't from day one. He's 1B on the suckage list, second only to 1A Hueless. 

BTW, we both wanted Trubisky- and he's not exactly setting the world on fire with the Bears. How's your fave Lynch Mob working out in Bronco land my friend? 

It's not the lost season, man, it is the total waste of a draft pick on this piece of schidt. I haven't waffled on Kizer one bit. I said all along I didn't like him, and I thought he was schidt. At the same time I acknowledged that IF we are building for the future, as I keep hearing, then more than any of the other QBs, Kizer has physical skills to be something permanent. I have not pimped him, I have only cursed the 1/2 axxed support that Hue has given him, and the horrible play calling and weapons at his disposal.

Trubisky isn't stinking it up, either. He has been given a very restricted menu. I still like the kid.

Lynch is hurt. He is in his second year, he was just named the starter before getting hurt. So, I would say, career wise, he is doing a hell of a lot better than any Browns QB from 1999. He is playing well enough that Elway is still working the kid. He's still in the game, and the verdict is still out on the guy. Kizer? 4 more games and he's done.

But, Garrett is the issue. His being fragile, low-intensity, one-dimensional, and basically, one of the most non-physical DE in the history of the NFL. He is to the physicality of the NFL, what Deion Sanders was. He is a poosy. A pole smoker. A one-dimensional Zumba instructor. I will be watching him get his a$$ handed to him tomorrow.

Worst pick, worst waste of a #1 pick since Mike Phipps. Total, total blunder.  Sorry, but I hate this sonofabitch. The quicker his anke finishes his career once and for all, the better. It isn't like the fuktard makes any plays.

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

It's not the lost season, man, it is the total waste of a draft pick on this piece of schidt. I haven't waffled on Kizer one bit. I said all along I didn't like him, and I thought he was schidt. At the same time I acknowledged that IF we are building for the future, as I keep hearing, then more than any of the other QBs, Kizer has physical skills to be something permanent. I have not pimped him, I have only cursed the 1/2 axxed support that Hue has given him, and the horrible play calling and weapons at his disposal.

Trubisky isn't stinking it up, either. He has been given a very restricted menu. I still like the kid.

Lynch is hurt. He is in his second year, he was just named the starter before getting hurt. So, I would say, career wise, he is doing a hell of a lot better than any Browns QB from 1999. He is playing well enough that Elway is still working the kid. He's still in the game, and the verdict is still out on the guy. Kizer? 4 more games and he's done.

But, Garrett is the issue. His being fragile, low-intensity, one-dimensional, and basically, one of the most non-physical DE in the history of the NFL. He is to the physicality of the NFL, what Deion Sanders was. He is a poosy. A pole smoker. A one-dimensional Zumba instructor. I will be watching him get his a$$ handed to him tomorrow.

Worst pick, worst waste of a #1 pick since Mike Phipps. Total, total blunder.  Sorry, but I hate this sonofabitch. The quicker his anke finishes his career once and for all, the better. It isn't like the fuktard makes any plays.

That means he'll have at least 2 sacks then? 

GHoolie just a few weeks ago you were lauding Kizers talent and that it was only Hue holding him back. But this is what you do so you can croon away here about how right you are about everything. If garrett sucks as bad as you say, why aren't you calling for all the other lineman to be cut? Garretts our leading sacker on one leg......

I was no Phan of Phipps, but anyone who thinks we haven't wasted #1's on worse players between 1970 and 2017 either does not know Browns history or football or both.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:39 PM, Ghoolie said:

He is................A ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR........................ he was never anything more than a ZUMBA instructor. He played mostly against smaller, weaker fatass OL in college, I have said this over and over, he is NOT physical.......... he is NOT a monster of the midway, and he sure as fukc is not Bosa. The guy is pushed around easily and offers absolutely no help against the run. His sacks, are uneventful, drag downs when the QB takes too long to release the ball.

I called him Courtney Brown #2 and at best, on his very best day, that's what he is.

Drafting this caulk sucker after he begged Jerry Jones to save him from Cleveland was enough for me. But hey, YOU GUYS know better. You always know better. Always, you are smarter and you believe that somehow, magically the red flags that show a guy to be schidt, will disappear when he comes to Cleveland.

I was sick to my stomach when we drafted this piece of schidt, and NOW, your stomachs are turning.

To the guy that said Garrett has to realize his move is getting him injured? Dude, I mean this with respect, but what the fukc do you think he is going to do? Just all of a sudden reprogram his whole life to be a different kind of player than he has been by birth? A leopard can't change his spots. Kizer can't just say to himself........Jeez, I suck because I am not accurate,  tomorrow I am just going to start being accurate.

Dude,  Garrett is what he is. One ankle injury? No biggie? 2? Same ankle? 3? Are you people so enfatuated with hero worship that you don't give a schidt about the Browns? THis guy was a GLARING mistake from draft day

Hoorta said to me............ "Well I guess you know more than all the experts, inlcuding the Doctors at UH who said he is fine.............YEAH Hoorta............ I DO know more, than all of them. Garrett is worthless.

Bahktiari will annihilate him tomorrow.

It seems that Ghoolie may be right. What did Garrett do yesterday....in the most critical times?  He seemed like vapor.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It seems that Ghoolie may be right. What did Garrett do yesterday....in the most critical times?  He seemed like vapor.

I have been waiting for him to take over a game for at least a series or two....... but in typical Browns fashion, I guess it'll happen next year

On 12/10/2017 at 2:50 AM, Ghoolie said:

Trubisky had a good showing the last couple of weeks, and he has worse receivers and OL than Kizer. . . 

image.png.91f87c3aaa3f87a1fcdc14a3bcf5c75b.png

On 12/10/2017 at 2:34 AM, Clevfan4life said:

GHoolie just a few weeks ago you were lauding Kizers talent and that it was only Hue holding him back. But this is what you do so you can croon away here about how right you are about everything. If garrett sucks as bad as you say, why aren't you calling for all the other lineman to be cut? Garretts our leading sacker on one leg......

NO, you are reading this and that wrong. I am STILL lauding his ATHLETIC talent. I am here saying that I do not believe he has what it takes, HOWEVER.............. I am also saying that of the QBs we have, his athletic skills make him the absolute best chance we have to develop a long-term QB. In other words, he has physical skills good enough to make me eat crow. SInce I like the kid personally, and i want the Browns to win, I hope he does make me eat crow.

He is a physically gifted kid, and he deserves, as to we deserve, the right to play his ayus off until he either burns out, or gets all the dumb crap out of his system.

I haven't waffled on him at all. I don't like him, I admire his physical skills, I believe he deserves a full monte shot to play. 2 years of comittment from the Browns.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Flugel said:

Tom, dude, you live in a fantasy world. Rest is not going to have any affect on a kid who has been consistently missing games because of his ankles. He had a long off season after college. it didn't help him. This kid BLOWS............... he is to DEs what you buddies Phil Sewage and Romeo the Doughnut were to execs. Garrett isn't going anywhere. This is as good as it gets for him. He will never be as young, strong or as healthy as he is right now. Humanity doesn't work that way. Doesn't matter how young you are, when you injure something over and over and over, it never heals like new. There is always calcification, loss of motion, and increasing weakness. Staying off of it 6 months is not going to make it more flexible.

We had this same debate over that other piece of schidt Kellen Micro Fracture.

I know you lover the Browns man, but this Garrett kid is toast. He won't ever be anything more than he is now.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

We had this same debate over that other piece of schidt Kellen Micro Fracture.

U mean the microfracture clowney had and is now an elite DE/olb'er? So because starboy winslow ruined his sht on a bike that was supposed tomtranslate directly to clowneys chances of recovery? Which it obviously didnt right? 

And garretts issue is ankle, not knee. Stop talking about issues u know little to norhing about. You're not an ortho surgeon. It took clowney 3 years tomcome back fully so how are we not giving garrett one measly fukking offseason even? 

Garrett sucks, what an underachieving piece of s h I t. Hasn't dominated one series let alone a game like a #1 overall pick should. F u c k I n g TJ Watts going to be in the Pro bowl and he was taken almost in the 2nd rd. Hell if we would have taken him 1 overall we might actually have a win or 2.

34 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Garrett sucks, what an underachieving piece of s h I t. Hasn't dominated one series let alone a game like a #1 overall pick should. F u c k I n g TJ Watts going to be in the Pro bowl and he was taken almost in there 2nd rd. Hell if we would have taken him 1 overall we might actually have a win or 2.

I don't agree he sucks.  I think he'll get better.  Browns needs better defensive personnel around him! 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

U mean the microfracture clowney had and is now an elite DE/olb'er? So because starboy winslow ruined his sht on a bike that was supposed tomtranslate directly to clowneys chances of recovery? Which it obviously didnt right? 

And garretts issue is ankle, not knee. Stop talking about issues u know little to norhing about. You're not an ortho surgeon. It took clowney 3 years tomcome back fully so how are we not giving garrett one measly fukking offseason even? 

Yeah, Garrett's injury not too serious but the concern is he gets injured a lot.   Is it me or do Browns draft picks always seem to be hurt so much.  Even Shelton misses most games.  Browns just can't seem to evaluate talent re durability and talent.  It's incredible. 

34 minutes ago, Send in the Clowns said:

I don't agree he sucks.  I think he'll get better.  Browns needs better defensive personnel around him! 

he was the once in a generation cant miss #1 overall pick, his play is supposed to elevate the player around him not the other way around. GARRETT SUCKS and is a BUST. Thank you pencil D I C K Sashi.

Archived